Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 85 reviews matching the search See all 3,458 reviews
Boss not concerned about his staff or why they leave
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 November 2018
Coordinator just concerned about getting her hours filled...not about you as a front line worker.
Boss who knows you work well and that you took very good care of clients is too busy to look into issues his staff are having.
Treat staff as if they are disposable although staff have worked very hard and we'll for them.
Most of your clients are very sweet seniors who share their wisdom with you about life.
Some have had very difficult lives that we can learn and grow from.
Pros
Some pleasant staff
Cons
No travel allowance...coordinator...basic wage...boss not concerned about staff
Steadily going downhill. Very poor wage among other opportunities. Very poor communication. Very high turnover of staff at ALL levels. Bad sign.
Caregiver. (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 October 2018
Turnover is way too high at all levels. Nepotism in place at admin level. Very poor communication. No transparency. Very low wage, even compared to other home care opportunities. Lack of respect to the caregivers.
Pros
Flexibility in time of schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Poor
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 July 2018
Unfortunately this was a poor experience for me, I was not valued as an employee or as a person, I spent more time as a maid than anything else, and I felt like I was their bank.
Very Happ and fun to watch the difference I might make.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2018
I love what I do,as I am a people person and get along with others. I will always walk the extra mile to find out the answers to my questions.Management has your back.
Pros
The hours I have suit my schedule
Cons
Can't think of anything other then money could be better.
Working for Home Instead senior was a excellent experiences
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2018
I love working with Home Instead Senior Care, I got to learn and share my own health care expertise and meet lovely families members which I am fond of,
good workplace
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
great job experience.
excellent job support.
training and update knowledge.
supportive manager and staff.
get salaries on time .
enhanced companionship experience.
quick response staff.
A great place to start as a Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 April 2018
Every client has been a different experience with different needs and I've enjoyed my work with Home Instead. The management has been excellent and has been over the top as far as giving support and helping me with scheduling difficulties due to a recent move. The workplace culture is very positive and I would say the hardest part of the job has been long distance rush-hours. I've enjoyed the variety of clients and work expectations along with the chance to work a variety of different shifts.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Some clients living a distance away
A great place to work with flexible hours and super nice people
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2018
While working with Home Instead, I have met a lot of wonderful people through my clients, fellow co workers and management. With this job I am able to choose my own clients and thus being able to set my own hours. I find working with my clients very rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not very steady hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Able to let me enhance my skills in taking good care of patients. the management is able to find me a suitable patient for me which work out really great. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my client verbalized how lucky and thankful they are to have me as their caregiver.
Fast paced environment and can be very rewarding work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC12 March 2018
Home Instead is a non-medical home support company that specializes in senior care. It is a 24 hour company with a never ending need for client services to keep someone living independently at home for as long as possible. A great benefit to working with the company as a caregiver is you can join the team with zero experience or have many years of industry related knowledge. They provide all the training you need and pay you for your time. A less desirable factor to the job is compensation either as a care aide or an office admin. For the most expensive home support company, is it discouraging to see the company pay on par with what the market bares. They take a lot of pride on being a provider of choice and it would be great to see them recruit the best of the best by ensuring they are compensated above what the going rate it is in the industry. The work place culture is of a personal home-style feeling; warm and welcoming. It was discouraging to watch a revolving door of office managers come and go with a bumpy transition for clients and caregivers. The most enjoyable part to the job would be the rewarding impact you can make on a client and/or their families lives.
Pros
Home style office atmosphere ; rewarding work ; flexible hours ; training provided ; benefits
Cons
Casual hours ; turnover ; lack of communication
grumpy people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 March 2018
This company has a very poor system of communicating with employees, if you try to work for this company, you will regret it. They will make you feel sorry you say no.
Fun and flexible
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2018
Home Instead Senior Care is extremely accommodating and flexible with schedules. They do an excellent job of training and preparing employees for the many different types of clients they will experience and are always on hand to offer additional support when needed.
Excellent place of work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON7 February 2018
Would work here any day, Management was great, Lots of hours. The scheduling staff were very accommodating. The clients were very well planned out. Loved this job
good place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2 February 2018
Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity — this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Pros
free gaz
Cons
more hours
Great Management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 January 2018
The staff is very friendly and understanding and the work dynamic is amazing. However, their pay is minimum wage which is quite low for a PSW. Great place to work for though overall.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
low pay
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Victorville, Ca1 January 2018
I loved that Home Instead was always available if I needed help while working a shift. Trainings were offered to help staff become the best caregiver one could be.
Pros
Staff support
Cons
Minimum shifts
Enjoyed working with the clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2017
They offer on going education, the clients were great, pay seemed fair, office staff was great and understanding, you can work as many or as little hours as you would like.
Good Company
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
Meet and greet resident at home, hospital, or retirement facility, Assist with care,light housekeeping,cooking, medication reminder,learn to deal with different personalities, report and document to my supervisor.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
limited hours
Sure
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 November 2017
Working with the elderly. Meal preps, assistance with house cleaning, taking to appointments when needed. It was great getting to know the people I helped.
great place to work
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON20 October 2017
i meet the needs of clients whether it is companionship feeding walking or personal care. i have learned everyone has a story to tell about who they are and their life history and i respect that we are all
human beings who deserve equality in life. the hardest part of the job is the uncertainity of reliable hours and the most enjoyable part is meeting people from every walk of life.
Pros
you choose your availability
Cons
hours of employment can change daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K