Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Found 95 reviews matching the search See all 3,792 reviews
Love
Elderly Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON14 March 2019
Elderly people are the most precious, and it was such an amazing experience being able to interact with past generations while helping them out and making them feel accepted.
Pros
wisdom
Cons
messy
its too much
PCW (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 March 2019
they have plenty of hours but learn too say no and if your not trained for that client say no, they say your covered driving make sure you apply straight away or they don't pay you back.
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
over work you
Caregiver
SPECAILIZED CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 February 2019
I highly recommend working for home instead it is amazing, i have been here a couple years and I love my clients and bosses, great co workers and great environemnt
Helping seniors
Caregiver/Companion (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 February 2019
It is a very rewarding job, being able to help seniors in their homes or long term care.They give workshops to learn more about helping seniors with dementia and other ailments or conditions.
Pros
very flexible shifts
Cons
minimum wage, no benefits
Wonderful clients
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 February 2019
The managers are so supportive and helpful;. They always make sure you have clients. Their clients are nice and friendly and very accommodating. I have learned a lot in my days of work, working with the elderly.
If you like to give your all for cheap pay while working with wonderful clients this is the job for you! If you like getting 25+ emails a day this 💯
Money maker for office (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 February 2019
Clients-amazing
HR- non existant (changes weekly)
Home office staff (incompetent and derogatory to clients)
Office support - non existent in medical emergencies
Room for advancement -none
Pros
Can’t think of any but the clients
Cons
Bully front line staff, zero care for clients, no HR, cheapest agency for personal care, clients come last after staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
I was out in the field and worked alone with clients. Home Instead was readily available for any questions or concerns. A typical day was very much enjoyable, going from client to client to assist with their day to day needs.
Pros
Great people
Cons
limited hours
Productive and challenging
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2019
All the staff are nice, and the job is rewarding but demanding. But overall, it is a good start for a job and all their clients are nice and understanding
Pros
The staff are nice
Cons
Long work hours
Boss not concerned about his staff or why they leave
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 November 2018
Coordinator just concerned about getting her hours filled...not about you as a front line worker.
Boss who knows you work well and that you took very good care of clients is too busy to look into issues his staff are having.
Treat staff as if they are disposable although staff have worked very hard and we'll for them.
Most of your clients are very sweet seniors who share their wisdom with you about life.
Some have had very difficult lives that we can learn and grow from.
Pros
Some pleasant staff
Cons
No travel allowance...coordinator...basic wage...boss not concerned about staff
Steadily going downhill. Very poor wage among other opportunities. Very poor communication. Very high turnover of staff at ALL levels. Bad sign.
Caregiver. (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC8 October 2018
Turnover is way too high at all levels. Nepotism in place at admin level. Very poor communication. No transparency. Very low wage, even compared to other home care opportunities. Lack of respect to the caregivers.
Pros
Flexibility in time of schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Recruitment and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC10 September 2018
Boss was pretty unprofessional but the rest of the team was good. I do not want to give Indeed my opinion about this company and am just trying to fill.
Poor
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON5 July 2018
Unfortunately this was a poor experience for me, I was not valued as an employee or as a person, I spent more time as a maid than anything else, and I felt like I was their bank.
Very Happ and fun to watch the difference I might make.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2018
I love what I do,as I am a people person and get along with others. I will always walk the extra mile to find out the answers to my questions.Management has your back.
Pros
The hours I have suit my schedule
Cons
Can't think of anything other then money could be better.
Working for Home Instead senior was a excellent experiences
Healthcare Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2018
I love working with Home Instead Senior Care, I got to learn and share my own health care expertise and meet lovely families members which I am fond of,
good workplace
CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
great job experience.
excellent job support.
training and update knowledge.
supportive manager and staff.
get salaries on time .
enhanced companionship experience.
quick response staff.
A great place to start as a Caregiver
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 April 2018
Every client has been a different experience with different needs and I've enjoyed my work with Home Instead. The management has been excellent and has been over the top as far as giving support and helping me with scheduling difficulties due to a recent move. The workplace culture is very positive and I would say the hardest part of the job has been long distance rush-hours. I've enjoyed the variety of clients and work expectations along with the chance to work a variety of different shifts.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Some clients living a distance away
A great place to work with flexible hours and super nice people
Home care worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 April 2018
While working with Home Instead, I have met a lot of wonderful people through my clients, fellow co workers and management. With this job I am able to choose my own clients and thus being able to set my own hours. I find working with my clients very rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not very steady hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2018
Able to let me enhance my skills in taking good care of patients. the management is able to find me a suitable patient for me which work out really great. The most enjoyable part of the job is when my client verbalized how lucky and thankful they are to have me as their caregiver.
Fast paced environment and can be very rewarding work
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC12 March 2018
Home Instead is a non-medical home support company that specializes in senior care. It is a 24 hour company with a never ending need for client services to keep someone living independently at home for as long as possible. A great benefit to working with the company as a caregiver is you can join the team with zero experience or have many years of industry related knowledge. They provide all the training you need and pay you for your time. A less desirable factor to the job is compensation either as a care aide or an office admin. For the most expensive home support company, is it discouraging to see the company pay on par with what the market bares. They take a lot of pride on being a provider of choice and it would be great to see them recruit the best of the best by ensuring they are compensated above what the going rate it is in the industry. The work place culture is of a personal home-style feeling; warm and welcoming. It was discouraging to watch a revolving door of office managers come and go with a bumpy transition for clients and caregivers. The most enjoyable part to the job would be the rewarding impact you can make on a client and/or their families lives.
Pros
Home style office atmosphere ; rewarding work ; flexible hours ; training provided ; benefits
Cons
Casual hours ; turnover ; lack of communication
grumpy people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK7 March 2018
This company has a very poor system of communicating with employees, if you try to work for this company, you will regret it. They will make you feel sorry you say no.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K