Home Instead Senior Care
Coronavirus update
Information from Home Instead Senior Care:

Home Instead Senior Care Employee Reviews

Canada167 reviews
This company mass hires just for the numbers. Hours of work are very few because they are shared with all employees.

Although it’s been a long time, I will not work for them again due to having to get a second and third job to make ends meet.

Office staff are there for business only, not for a friendly hello.
Pros
Hired immediately
Cons
Very few hours available most times. Office staff are not available for a “Hello, how are you” conversation.
Great place to work, where I have been treated like a family. Good team work, Managers and coordinators help if there is an issue with anything, and do there best to resolve any problems.
Training is always available free of cost , to update my skills.

I love working for this company.
Pros
Doing what I love to do and learning new things.
Cons
Attachment to client and they eventually die.
Strong staff team;
Good learning experience;

Organized by the government;

Changing environment;

Interprofessional Communication;

Dynamic work environment.
I enjoyed Home Instead very much. The clients were amazing. Each one of them had a different and unique personality. Sometimes it could emotionally drain you as it break your heart to see some of the things they’re broken by. Having loved ones passing away, removed (for their safety) from their homes and into facilities that can manage them better as well as provide the ultimate care one needs.
Pros
All pros
Cons
Can’t think of any
On vous promet beaucoup d’heures mais au final on a de la misère à avoir 20 h semaine
I have enjoyed working with the company, the management were really keep to work closely with staff, and they have been cooperative with staff. I really appreciate the best behavior of the senior managements.
Pros
No stress in the work environment
i have learnt a lot working in elderly clients for being empathetic and patient. The management staffs are very professional in handling cases and scheduling my time to give care for the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating friendship relation to other coworkers and providing a community of other health care providers which we created a common goal, giving care to the elders.
a great place to work at, and the management are very understanding and they care about their client, just as they do with their employees. Very good people.
I returned a few months ago to work again for this particular office. I had a great 2 year run before and the last 2 months I was matched up with a wonderful elderly client. Unfortunately he passed away at 96 years old. I only like doing overnight shifts now at this point in my caregiving career and the owner and staff of this particular office are great to work for. They are very accommodating to my schedule, always respectful of myself, other caregivers and the client's families. Humor can be very important too in this line of work and this staff share this trait with others.
I only recommend this Richmond office and not the Vancouver office.
This is the first job I have had in the senior care sector.
I believe this company really does care about its employees and their clients.

I'm proud to work here.
Flexible hours, management superb, very friendly staff, always updates education and seminars. Meeting new clients is like making new friends with their family.
If you're in a retirement home or long term care it's different because you have others there who helps you if a person gets out of control which sometimes happens going into some ones home is personal care and hose keeping
I love my job here staff supervisors and co workers are great.i would recommend this company to anyone who cares and loves seniors.The job is rewarding if you can make your client smile.Also the company feels like a family very kind and understanding
Very happy to have been given the opportunity to work as a summer student in the office at Home Instead Senior Care. I learned valuable skills regarding senior care coordination and management.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
None so far
Lovely place to work ,you ll be trained ,you need no experience really. Interview went well n training was followed immediately and you be scheduled.
Management is good. Caring people to work, very helpful and supportive of your work. Office staff are very accommodating and respectful. I would recommend anyone to join their working team.
Pros
Free snacks any time you enter the office
Cons
short hours
Staff are good. Many hours are given out. Low pay. No benefits. No growth, no extras are given. Some clients are harder than others. Not much room for growth
If your outgoing, friendly, natural nurturer and have patients & compassion, empathy for others then this job is great for you.

Working for this company has lots of hours available. your clientele reviews on you often have you with call backs and set schedule very quickly!

Tre
The interview was easy enough. But the work itself was kind of not the best. They would send me to clients houses or places that were around 45 mins to 1 hour away. They didn’t have benefits, or pay for gas mileage unless you took a client somewhere. Most of the shifts were spaced out or they were 12 hour shifts. The work isn’t bad just not the best. Feels like Casual
Great place with supportive staff members. You have the rare opportunity of sharing a part of your life with families that are either going through the aging process for the first time, or have a situation they are going through. Pleasant experience so far!
Official response from Home Instead Senior Care
13 February 2020
Thank you for your review of your experience with this Home Instead Senior Care franchise office. We’re so glad to hear how much you love your job. Keep up the good work!
I definitely had a great experience working with this agency, learned a lot of different aspects relating to my job and my role, personally I think i left to soon.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.1K