Home Hardware

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Pour and not very informative they have the worst training ive ever seen through you on the floor and hope you learn

Management and owners are of no help and play favoritism to some employees and it shows so watch your step and back stabbing in the yard is priority one

Pros

Store discount if you last 90days

Cons

No training and back stabbing employees

I thought the company Was smart and fair the entire time, took the time to make sure I was happy and well taken care off, occasionally was expected to handle a lot of labour

Pros

Great hours

Cons

Occasionally the amount of stress

It was very stressful there is no communication between anybody also I never got a raise there, the boss is mean

It is not the best place to work. Co workers are two faced they will throw you under the bus if you do some little mistake and then whine to the boss.

Cons

No Christmas parties, no raises

Alright

It was alright there were good days and bad days but mostly alright days. What can I say, it was a job. My experience was fine working there for about a year

Pros

Some good days

Cons

Some bad days

Very productive, entusiastic and enjoyable

I open and closed the store. I was full time. I learned a lot in every department. Did cash outs for the store. I had to lift 5 gallons of paint. I also had to lift flooring, cabinets and other items.

Pros

Christmas parties and other functions were free.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Relaxed atmosphere fun place tl work

It's a relaxed atmosphere people are friendly has its share of issues like every place else Evetyone pretty easy to get along with staff helpful 😊 ☺ 😀

Pros

Always something different to do

Cons

Always on your feet

Environnement de travail agréable et entraide entre les employés

Être commis de service est un bon départ pour apprendre et bien connaître la construction au sens large. Plomberie, électricité, bois, jardin, construction de balcon... Tout y est! La direction est impeccable. Toujours là pour nous, elle nous fait sentir que nous sommes à notre place. Beaucoup d'entraide entre les employés. Quand nous ne savons pas quelque chose et bien quelqu'un est là pour nous apprendre!

One small raise in 5 yrs, no reviews

There r a few people there that management allow to do, say & act however they choose, not following any of the company rules, however then there r some that get inappropriate things said to them for one error that these other personel can make routinely with nothing said. Two set of rules which is very UNFAIR & FRUSTRATING.

Pros

Two 15 minute paid breaks

Cons

Work until 9pm weekdays & 5:30 Saturday & open 6 Sundays b4 Xmas

Don’t expect too much, set the bar really low.

Wage is at minimum, with a raise every couple of years, maybe according to long time employees. Work and home balance are not considered. Staffing levels are far lower than they should be due to poor employee retention measures. In fact there aren’t any. People with years of service and experience are simply let go with no discussion about what the company can do to keep a valued employee. Computer programs are out of date and are often inaccurate regarding stock levels requiring a physical search for an item. On line systems are no better, with inaccurate counts again due to an antiquated system. The owner has not invested in current technology to keep pace with today’s sales demands, this makes the sales staff and indeed the company in general look like hey have no idea how to treat people or run a business. Safety concerns are brushed off with little to no regard to any provincial safety guidelines. Meetings are not to standard, fire equipment is out of date, safety measures for staff are woefully lacking and training is an afterthought. Concerns raised with management go unanswered for months on end. Bottom line is greed and profit.

Pros

Employees are nice people.

Cons

Hours, pay, conditions, safety, lack of communication

Good atmosphere

For the majority it has a fun bunch to work with and management is awesome. They are like a big family group that you work with and management is very easy to talk to if there is an issue

Fair to work, too many family members working there

Family or friends of supervisors believe they can get away without doing there job, because they have an out, when a supervisor tells an employee to be nice to the new one, because I don't want to deal with her grandmother who is a supervisor ,then that tells you management has not any manager skills

Pros

Local employment

Cons

Learn to say no when employee is expected to pick up items to stock the salad bar, or work short when no one is availabe

would not recommend

i’ve been an employee there for a while now, and i find it very hard to work there. shifts are long, especially for being in school, and you only get little to none breaks. management is horrible, and shifts take forever because there’s not much to do. if you prefer a fast pace work environment, i do NOT suggest working here.

Pros

discount for everything

Cons

long hours, sexist, no appreciation towards workers

A great family atmosphere

You are working with people who all become good friends. Your supervisor are very easy to talk to. You enjoy lots of fun activities as a group, including one outside of work.

Pros

BarBQs, group events, store discounts

Cons

Repeatedly involved heavy lifting, but that was part of the job I signed up for.

Supportive Work environment

Because of some typical life circumstances reason, I had to move to the city of Winnipeg, I still wish if the home hardware is here in Winnipeg. The ethics and rules on which the store policies ae based make it unique then most of the work places.

Pros

extreme care

Bad management

Bad place to work. High turn over rate. Noone ever knows what is going on. Bad management. Poor ordering and warehouse management. Not enough staff. Would not reccomend.

Pros

Family oriented. Flexible.

Cons

Bad managers.

Environnement de travail

J’ai travailler dans le département de peinture et cela me semblait compliqué mais après une formation toute était plus simple ces certains que tu en apprends tout les jours. Les employés sont incroyable la dynamique est vraiment sympathique. Sens parler des gèrent et des grand bose qui sont agréables à parler.

Pros

3 mois de travail tu a un rabais

Nice good Clem environment to bed in. Helpful and happy employees, with great attitudes, to help any customer.

Everyone was willing to help me. Every single employee that pasted me made sure I wasn't lost. Was awesome to see how clean the store was. I would like to see more options in the drywall section. But, supply and demand I guess.

Pros

Very clean store with respectable attitudes

Cons

They are only open Sundays, for 5 hours....

Lack of management and no real work structure

I worked at Rocky Mountain House Home Hardware for roughly one and a half year. The people working there were alright, liked some more than others but that's how she goes. The only bad thing I have to say about working there is the complete lack of management and the lower than low hiring requirements ( to put to plainly if you have a pulse they will hire you ). And the owner of that place definitely makes it more stressful than it needs to be.

Pros

1 hour lunch break

Cons

Lack of management

Not to bad of a place to work at.

Not a bad place to work at. Except there are a lot of staff that work there that are kids that are friends of the owners. So they do not like to work. They think they have a free ride and pay check.

Pros

Great adult staff

Cons

To many lazy kids

Staff was awesome and made the job fun. The pay is standard for similar jobs. The biggest drawback is that they bring staff on as part-time so they don’t have to give them benefits, then give them full-time hours. They do this by giving them 1 hour lunch breaks so they’re not clocking in the full 8 hours. The breaks ARE nice but, then again, so is dental.

Pros

Staff, good hours, long breaks, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Low pay, long breaks, management could do a better job listening to their employees

It was a nice place to work

I enjoyed my time there they made me feel like an important member of the team. They always worked with you if a family emergency arouse and you needed time off .

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Like anywhere else you go there is always too many people who feel they are in charge .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement