Home Hardware Employee Reviews

Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON11 October 2018
Very good customer service family owned business so very good to customers. Good environment to work in very comfortable and relaxing going to work everyday.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 October 2018
As a student sales associate I was only a part time student but it was a great environment to work in. I gained a lot of knowledge about each product and there use. Co workers and management were all very friendly and helpful in the training experience. overall this was a great job as a highschool student and the hours were awesome.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lower level of pay
good company to work for
Pricing Analyst - Lumber and Building Materials (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON2 October 2018
great place to work

friendly atmosphere

everyone says hello when passing in the hall

able to travel occasionally and able to meet staff from the stores
Pros
non profit cafeteria
Cons
n/a
decent wage for an easy job, good work environment.
Material Handler/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  St.Jacobs warehouse22 September 2018
This a very easy but rather mundane job. The wage is very good with lots of overtime available to those who want it, but not mandatory. Order picking is to be done with accuracy and care taken in packaging so our products arrive at their destinations in right amounts and in excellent condition. The most difficult part of the job is trying to get on day shift, it takes literally a decade or longer. Its a very low stress and easy job.
Pros
option for overtime, but not mandatory
Cons
very difficult to get off night shift
Great to be a part of making the community a better place.
Cabinet Designer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 September 2018
I enjoyed my cozy office in the design area. My clients satisfaction brought me joy. I appreciated the support of all staff in helping my sales be successful from beginning to end. Pay was fair and my hours were great!
head cashier
Head cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 September 2018
open the store monday to friday 645 to 345 great hours and days working with the other employees is always a plus u meet alot of nice new people working at fulltons home hard ware
Supportive and Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON21 August 2018
My job is fairly straightforward. We assist customers with decisions about home projects, we place special orders from suppliers for our clients, and we maintain inventory counts in store.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
no benefits
dead end
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sharbot Lake, ON19 August 2018
family owned....cheap..self centered owner....no reguards for safety or enviroment...deliveries were the only high point....explore country side on deliveries
Pros
deliveries
Cons
bad ...cheaap employer
Fun place to work and gain knowledge
Customer Service Associate & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Kincardine, ON18 August 2018
Great Place to meet amazing staff and even more amazing customers. Great place to gain valuable knowledge in home improvement. Could use more benefits.
Repetitve
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON9 August 2018
CEO Cheerful, Managers not so Enthusiastic, and a good pair of Glasses would be a commodity! Weekly repetition of Duties, and some Knowledge of Building And Construction would be An Asset, or there is room to learn.
Great people and management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC1 August 2018
People were good. Management was good. Always a consistent schedule. I overall enjoyed my time with Home Hardware. Only thing that could have improved was the pay.
Negative, Stressful Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Battleford No. 437, SK31 July 2018
The parasitic investment firm that acquired this place several years ago has completely destroyed it. There is nothing pleasant about the job. The managers are all paranoid freaks, spending more of their precious time worrying whether you are discussing them (we were!) than doing anything to help pull this place out of the hole its owners have dropped it into!
The only culture in this place is attempting to avoid the pathetic excuse for a manger and her purposeless, little green Memo Binder. Oh, and then there was the needless radios. You could not take a break without the head cheese interrupting it with her radio. All so you could come to show someone what a screw was!
This place is pathetic, and the HH corporation needs to reacquire it from its current owners before their reputation is completely destroyed!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
Awesome place to work for a great company and a very family oriented workplace
Front Cashier and Service desk (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 July 2018
- cashier, helping customers with products and advice
-learn about house maintenance, mechanics, plumbing,paint, electrical and how to effectively communicate with satisfied and unsatisfied customers.
-The management is fair,flexible and friendly yet stern when needed.
- the workplace atmosphere feels like a family.
-the most enjoyable part is helping customers and making them happy.
Great learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC25 July 2018
It was a great learning experience. I learned a lot about home remodeling, plumbing and electrical. I answered phones and dealt mostly with he public.
Lovely Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 July 2018
Family buisness, we had lots of regular customers to always come in a brighten up the day. The enviornent as a whole was always friendly and warm and i really enjoyed my time there.
warehouse work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB12 July 2018
wake up pickup wood scraps from the pallets
stack wood sweep floors
load customer vehicles
very warm in the summer
bring sunscreen at work
dont lift with your back lift with your legs.
never forget your steel toes
ball hockey net in the back during lunch breaks
good workplace, friendly staff
customer service, completed store inventory (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON11 July 2018
Working at the Home Hardware in Gravenhurst was a good summer job, the customers were very nice and the staff is very helpful and polite. It is a positive atmosphere.
ok
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON11 July 2018
Really good job for students. Get an immersive experience into the sales world + getting a valuable network.

Should respect/treat employees better
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Leaf Rapids, MB11 July 2018
Typical small town business. Friendly outgoing staff that knew you by name and was sure to great you with a smile when you walked in. Treated everyone entering with respect..
Pros
Worked with my family
Cons
Peaceful place to work and good management
Cashier and Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  1841 Wilson avenue.10 July 2018
Working at Home Hardware a typical day at work would be going in the store and everyone is very greeting and willing to help you.The management is very efficient and always standing next to you helping you with everything.It is a positive working environment although one of the hard parts of our job is that employees have to lift very heavy equipment.Lastly the most enjoyable part of the job is that the people that work there are always so friendly and that makes the day goes by pleasantly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.