Home Hardware Employee Reviews

Amazing Place To Work
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 January 2019
The staff here is like one big family, everyone gets along and helps each other to get all aspects of the job done. The management was amazing over the course of my time here, very understanding, respectful and fair. This is a very rewarding and positive place to work, I would recommend the Collingwood Home Hardware to anybody looking for part time or full time employment (youll never want to leave)
Good learning environment
Customer Service/Paint/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ON10 January 2019
Gives you the ability to learn beneficial knowledge to further your understanding in many departments. Majority of the day is spent interacting with customers, therefore learning a variety of things.
workplace culture
Seasonal/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON10 January 2019
Each HH is different, unfortunately the one i worked at the management was not good. They cared more about the bottom line than the staff. They hired a new General Manager who did not know what he was doing and it changed the staff moral alot, After i left so did a lot of others
Pros
nice staff
Cons
management
I loved this store!!!!!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 January 2019
I loved this store, the people who worked there and the management.
One great big wonderful team helping each other with the ultimate goal of making sure every customer was a satisfied customer. And the bonus - 8 hours of non stop exercise a day!!! Loved it!!!
Exhasting and Customer focusued workplace
Department Head/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2019
A typical day at work is Me showing up on time ready to work and having what feels like a million things to do. I have my own department and employees to look after and I don't mind helping in other departments when needed because the customer always comes first. The only issue I have is that Management takes advantage of my Time, knowledge and Kindness to Benefit themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a family like bond with most of my coworkers and having them look up to me as a good role model department head. I've learned that I'm an extremely hard worker and I take pride in the fact I can be multitalented but Being overworked on a daily basis is getting to me and after 6 years I'm ready for change.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Overworked
It is ok
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC30 December 2018
Job is fine thanx.
no option for advancement
no communication
hours ok schedule made in advance to assist with other jobs which is helpful
nothing further to add
Pros
hrs
Cons
not enough money for the demands
awsome people to work with
Auto Motive Department Cashier (Former Employee) –  Devon, AB10 December 2018
fast pass work place, always going, helping customer finding what they are looking for, or ordering them on line if we don't have in stock on self
carrying out items for the customer.
Culture is Bad
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 December 2018
The manager does a poor job at monitoring and correcting poor workplace culture and is tolerant of workplace bullying. I saw two people quit while I was there due to bullying by two department leads and considered quitting for that reason several times.
Pros
Interesting Store
Cons
Bullying
Good company, awesome co workers
Term Material Handler (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON27 November 2018
All the workers are very easy to get along with, along with management. I learned something new everyday, the days didn't really drag on. The job is basically a routine, you do the same thing everyday.
Terrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Battleford, SK25 November 2018
Management sucks. There's a huge turnover rate of employees. They are not the best people to work for. I wouldn't work there again if I had the chance to do so.
Fort St John HH
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC17 November 2018
Complete disconnect between owners, management and staff.
Organization and ability to recognize simple operational issues don’t exist.
Wages are not even close to the surrounding life style needs.
Pros
Daytime hours Sundays off
Cons
Two days off in a row nonexistent low pay
Home Hardwear Fort St John BC
Cashier/Contractors Counter (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC17 November 2018
This job was a joke ... they bouced you around positions right before your 3 months was up so they could tell you with more training you'd get your raise and the raise would never come neither did the benefits. It's lime working in a high school. It's not an ok work environment. I don't recommend you take a job there if you can avoid it.
Pros
The odd free lunch
Cons
Evwrything else
great place to work with great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 November 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside others to ensure total customer satisfaction. Management was always there to teach and guide us through difficult transactions.
productive fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 November 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned a lot about woodworking. You make a lot of contacts and meet a lot of different people. Requires lots of organization and people skills.
Home Hardware
Grounds labourer, delivery (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB5 November 2018
Excellent and easy to work for. Good place to learn interpersonal skills. Work was easy going and offered lots of down time if needed. Allowed for training in skidsteers and other machinery such as 5 ton.
Went in, did more than asked, always acted professionally
reciever (Former Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB Distribution Cnt1 November 2018
Unfortunately, management and supervisors often did little, picked favorites and had little actual knowledge of the people under them. They will steal your ideas and call them theirs 2 months later.....if the boss likes you, you're in. Drone work soon to be replaced by Filipinos or machines, whichever is cheapest.
Pros
left alone to do your work
Cons
see people left alone to do no work
Fast pace
Delivery/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 October 2018
I enjoyed the fast pace environment and working with all staff and management team. Management was encouraging and understanding and flexible with my hours
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ON11 October 2018
Very good customer service family owned business so very good to customers. Good environment to work in very comfortable and relaxing going to work everyday.
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 October 2018
As a student sales associate I was only a part time student but it was a great environment to work in. I gained a lot of knowledge about each product and there use. Co workers and management were all very friendly and helpful in the training experience. overall this was a great job as a highschool student and the hours were awesome.
Pros
great hours
Cons
lower level of pay
good company to work for
Pricing Analyst - Lumber and Building Materials (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON2 October 2018
great place to work

friendly atmosphere

everyone says hello when passing in the hall

able to travel occasionally and able to meet staff from the stores
Pros
non profit cafeteria
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.