Home Hardware Employee Reviews

Agréable
Commis de service/étalagiste (stage) (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC5 March 2019
Emploi agréable avec une bonne équipe, bon salaire.
Pros
stage facile
fast pace
Insulation Installer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON28 February 2019
could be better pay,trailing paid from work place to workplace,stress full first thing in the morning and some co workers just drag their feet
good starting job for people who wont to get into construction trade
Pros
Cons
traviling
Environnement de travail agréable
Commis de quincaillerie (Former Employee) –  Saint-prosper-de-dorchester, QC26 February 2019
Une journée de travail typique consiste à saluer et dirigé les clients et les conseillé sur leurs besoin le bon produit adapté à sa situation, entretenir les lieux, effectuer la livraison de matériaux lorsque nécessaire, et effectué le chargements des matériaux au service de cueillette, l'aspect le plus difficile du poste à mon avis les clients qui besoin d'un produit particulier donc la description n'est pas très claire, il faut alors creusé plus profond et investigué avec le clients pour répondre à ses besoins. Une connaissance des matériaux de construction est nécessaire
Pros
horaire fixe, pas de chiffres coupé
Cons
travail à l'extérieur
Great Staff
Material Handler/Forklift Operator/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fernie, BC24 February 2019
Home Hardware is a welcoming business where everyone treats you with respect. It is a fast paced place to work and quite reliable as far as job security is concerned.
Pros
Steady Employment
Cons
Not a lot of flexibility
Good position
Shipper/Receiver Assistant Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturgeon Falls, ON23 February 2019
The job was good, but there is little opportunity to advance, there is low wage and no benefits. Opportunity to advance is based off of family members working there, not off of experience and training or education.
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
too much family politics
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle River, ON22 February 2019
Great place work, friendly people, easy to learn job.
Best part of the job was being assistant manager and being able to train employees.

Material Handler (Current Employee) –  St. Jacobs, ON20 February 2019
It's very physical with a lot of lifting and walking. Most people are friendly and helpful. Management is easy going and understanding. The only downside is doing 11 hr shifts once a week to make up for getting off early on Friday. You only really get a half hour lunch because the one 10 minute break is wasted walking to the lunchroom or outside.
Pros
Cheap lunches, management, co-workers
Cons
Not enough breaks or too short. Pay could be better. Having to do makeup time.
Going downhill
material Handler (Former Employee) –  wetaskiwan18 February 2019
Bonus being slowly eroded by useless OT, Supervisors who do nothing on OT but get paid $50 + an hour, work culture divided, not a great place to work anymore
Pros
Cons
toxic environment
Friendly, laid back culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Elgin, ON16 February 2019
Great place to start working with customer service and to learn how to work with people, i gained many useful life skills from working here. Their company culture was amazing as well as their encouragement for relationships with customers and focus on the well-being of everyone.
Flexible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 February 2019
I am a student and they are very flexible with my hours. The management is very pleasant. The other staff members are also very great. Everyone is very polite and nice to be around.
fun environment with amazing management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridges, ON2 February 2019
Management is great. The manager is a great guy. Not too busy so it is a great place for first jobs. Mom and pop shop that feels homey and it is a safe and fun environment
Good Part-Time Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
I worked at Home Hardware while I was enrolled in high school and it was a worthwhile job without a doubt. The hours were not too stressing on my time and I could manage my studies easily. The managers were fantastic and I definitely enjoyed my time working there.
loved it
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON29 January 2019
I loved working at home hardware the workers were great, it sort of feels like a little family in the warehouse, very accommodating, learned alot at home hardware.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hard to learn right away
Flexible hours while I was in and out of school
Driver / Yard Staff (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 January 2019
I have had a part time position at home hardware while both in and out of school. They are very accomidating to students with a flexible schedule. Working in the yard is an enjoyable experience due to the people I work around and the daily duties of taking out deliveries. During the winter months it can get slow due to lack of construction.
Amazing Place To Work
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 January 2019
The staff here is like one big family, everyone gets along and helps each other to get all aspects of the job done. The management was amazing over the course of my time here, very understanding, respectful and fair. This is a very rewarding and positive place to work, I would recommend the Collingwood Home Hardware to anybody looking for part time or full time employment (youll never want to leave)
good place if your retired on a pension
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bobcaygeon, ON14 January 2019
great people to work with lots of knowledge good inventory very helpfull staff with a repeat customer base not the best place for finacial advancement?
Good learning environment
Customer Service/Paint/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Smithville, ON10 January 2019
Gives you the ability to learn beneficial knowledge to further your understanding in many departments. Majority of the day is spent interacting with customers, therefore learning a variety of things.
workplace culture
Seasonal/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON10 January 2019
Each HH is different, unfortunately the one i worked at the management was not good. They cared more about the bottom line than the staff. They hired a new General Manager who did not know what he was doing and it changed the staff moral alot, After i left so did a lot of others
Pros
nice staff
Cons
management
I loved this store!!!!!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 January 2019
I loved this store, the people who worked there and the management.
One great big wonderful team helping each other with the ultimate goal of making sure every customer was a satisfied customer. And the bonus - 8 hours of non stop exercise a day!!! Loved it!!!
Exhasting and Customer focusued workplace
Department Head/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2019
A typical day at work is Me showing up on time ready to work and having what feels like a million things to do. I have my own department and employees to look after and I don't mind helping in other departments when needed because the customer always comes first. The only issue I have is that Management takes advantage of my Time, knowledge and Kindness to Benefit themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is having a family like bond with most of my coworkers and having them look up to me as a good role model department head. I've learned that I'm an extremely hard worker and I take pride in the fact I can be multitalented but Being overworked on a daily basis is getting to me and after 6 years I'm ready for change.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Hardware. Our community is ready to answer.