Home Hardware

Home Hardware Employee Reviews

Canada595 reviews
Good beginner job
I had a fantastic summer job experience at home hardware. Staff was very helpful and management was always willing to give advice when i needed it. Access to job growth within the store was always an option swell.
Supportive team environment.
Working for this company was something new to me as I did not have much previous knowledge on home improvement. The staff were all very supportive and were able to assist me when I lacked knowledge to assist customers.
fun, fairly slow paced workplace
very relaxed, fun workplace. can be fast paced during peak season (summer) but mostly slow paced may be stressful during peak season. friendly staff and management. open to suggestions and willing to listen. a lot of male customers can be rude to female staff, most male staff will stand up for female staff if needed. will recommend a backbone when dealing with contractors and a sense of humour. great job.
Very accommodating
Enjoyed working there Friendly atmosphere relaxed schedule taught forklift operation plus other equipment operation management very approachable cafeteria available
Amazing experience
The company, its employees, administrators and its customers, are and have been a key to the community and its clients. Since working with and for the team I have grown alongside them in every way possible.
Great owner awesome to work there
Customer service, cashier, merchandiser and stock and inventory. Calling customers on their orders, helping answer questions regarding stock and usage. I learned a lot in the hardware business, on going learning. Got to know the customers very well and was very enjoyable working environment. The hardest part of the job was learning plumbing area.
And all I was treated well and paid a fair wage
It was a well-run family-owned operation with a great sales staff very knowledgeable and helpful to customers I would say they were the best lumber store and Retail Store in the city of Kamloops
Pros
Good wage fast-paced environment good people to work with
Cons
Not much room for advancement as it was a family-owned company
I suggest that you need to balance the time between work and life, and the level of management must meet the company's size. In addition, the system needs to be upgraded to meet sales needs.
good place to work
good place to work very busy location
fast pace

owners are good to work for

good benefits

lots of over time

vacatyion is not what it should be for long term employees
great staff
couldn't have asked for a better summer job! the home hardware team was very supportive of a new member entering the team! even after hours, the HH team were involved in the community which I liked a lot.
I like my co-workers at homehardware and it's a nice place to work. It's a nice store and have to work hard to satisfy my employer. I just dont get enough hours there.
Pros
Good schedule, and amazing employer as well as co-workers
Cons
I dont get enough hours
Trouble with Owner versus Management needs
There was a lack of action around violence and harassment in the workplace. Owner and senior management did not train or provide guidelines on addressing harassment in the workplace
Pros
There were some good people working there.
Cons
Owner and senior management were unprepared to establish worker safety rights
Good employer
Very good employer. But cash register is very stressful and is very hard to get used to. I have never seen a more complicated system, very old. Very understanding and friendly people to work with.
Great startup job or long term
I had a great time working here you really get to know your community. It pays fairly and give off good hours as long as your a hard worker and show your worth
Na
It was fine.some changes needed hopefully new management will help.They are good on giving time off.family oriented.wages are pretty good and the benefits are ok
Cashier/Customer service
A good place to work. Had fun and learned different skills while I was there. Very easy to get along with Management. was able to work around my health issues. Great place to work work/life balance.
Management needed to be more open to answering questions and be more available to help when it was needed
Overall home Hardware was a relaxed workplace but the management needed some work, it was very frustrating to be working in a place where if you needed help you couldn’t get it or if you had a question they wouldn’t answer if.
Very enjoyable workplace
Home Hardware was one of the most enjoyable jobs i have had. Other employees were very friendly and easy to get along with. The management was strict, but never unfair. The job itself was hard work, however it was extremely rewarding to help customers and see that you've really made a difference.
Great place to work.
Great place, friendly staff and lots to learn in different areas which is great for someone that gets bored easily. Bosses keep it fun have BBQ for staff, bowling ect. So there's always time for fun too.
Great place to gain experience
I had a great time working at this establishment, with many amazing coworkers and awesome regular customers to become acquainted with. The environment was not entirely for me, though i would recommend it to someone else.
Good people and treated fairly
Worked as cashier--training was okay but computer had some glitches. Got breaks and half hour lunch. High school kids could be nasty to older workers as they didn't want new people to learn their job as they are insecure. Management did nothing in reprimanding any of high school students. Wages were quite low.