Home Depot Canada

Found 3,477 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,602 reviews

Insights into Home Depot Canada

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for

Featured review

Home Depot Canada selected this as a representative review
Extremely productuve company but the real gem is the employees they go above and beyond to assist customers and fellow employees. The management communicates well with staff and it is overall an extremely enjoyable workplqce

Pros

Flexible hours

Relaxed and structured management

Good place if you are looking for a good place for your first real job. They had great communication among staff and they are always available to help when you need them.

Pros

They had company sharing free lunch when there was profit sharing

Cons

Can be slow paced for cashiers at times you will have to work in other sections to keep busy

For the pay, it's a decent place to work

Pros: easily the best pay in the city for the position; most staff are friendly; option to take a full hour lunch; extremely flexible scheduling; tuition assistance (only if your field of study will directly benefit your employment with the company); health insuranceCons: scheduling is often inconsistent and poorly handled; parts of management are not reliable

Great summer job.

lots to do, very fast peace most of the time, great team members. You can built experience and learn lots about seasonal plants and garden cares, trimmers and mowers ....

Pros

Good ambient, built muscle, good trainingnice place to build knowledge in customer service

Cons

Very fiscally demand, if you are not used to be moving, prepared for a free gym session at work. Didn't love the radio in my ear all day long

Les journées de travail sont toujours agréable avec mes collègues.j'apprecie la façon dont les collègues me traite

Les journées de travail sont toujours formidable, j'ai appris Avec eux je suis toujours.contente dans les moments de pause,on se partage des idées,il ya toujours des accueils chaleureux avec les membres de la direction,le lieu de la culture du travail est très satisfaisante, aucun aspects n'est plus difficile pour moi dans mon poste,touts les aspects sont agréables pour moi dans mon poste.

Terrible place to work

They treat their part time employees terribly. When business slows you can get as little as 8 hours a week. They expect consistency from their employees but do not provide it in return.

Good Place to work

Home Depot is a good place to work, the training was the best part for me, even after training they still support you, if you are having issues. Great management team. Only bad part is the customers.

Great Workplace and Ideal for the young

I feel like the job does take physical requirements lifting heavy object usually 50 pounds or more, buy the team building and friendly environment beats the bad things.

Pros

piknl

Cons

ikn

Not bad

pretty easy job, but it's boring and coworkers are hit or miss. stood all day long. aside from a couple of good coworkers, there was a bad work culture.

Terrible

Managers are lazy, unorganized and overall unhelpful. Whenever there is a line up of customers, they tend to disappear and expect us to handle everything. When you need to get a mangers approval, you're better off doing it yourself. Customers are no better as well. Overall save yourself the stress and work somewhere else.

Pros

coworker can sometimes be fun

Cons

literally everything

Overall it's a good experience.

Working in multi cultural team is good, and good benefits. But no work life balance. It's a good place to start but the growth opportunities are limited and very excruciatingly difficult to move up the ladder.

Work environment is good.

I always like to work as a Cashier at The Home Depot because management of the company is friendly and uncourageous as well as the employees. They are always helpful to assist newcomers and energies new employee to learn quickly.

An okay place to work short-term

Great if you’re looking for a part time job, not so much for full time advancement. Salary is pretty stagnant even after being there for a few years, new hires aren’t making much less. Can be stressful due to high turnover and lack of staffing - particularly during the busy spring/summer season. Benefits are provided for part time which is a plus and they are fairly decent.

Productive and fun work place.

Nice working environment and co-workers. I feel Excellent place to work for students and adults. I love working here as a student. I was first stressed to start on but eventually i learned everything quickly. I love the environment and my managers are very understanding.

Great job for newcomers

They welcomed me with open arms as a newcomer. They will invest in your personal and professional development and the training received can be used if you choose to move forward

HD is as good as it gets for retail

Great work environment! I've had a lot of bad luck with retail in the past, so Home Depot really exceeded my expectations. You're required to know how to use technology well because they have a lot of different software programs that need to be used. The staff are generally friendly, but COVID has led to some stress in certian departments at times due to staff shortages. Scheduling is very flexible for this kind of industry. Definitely the best experience I've had working in retail!

Pros

Benefits for PT associates, Success sharing

Cons

Under staffed in many departments. Noisy warehouse environment

Seems fun and relaxed so far…

Lots of different people on staff to go with all the different kinds of customers that come to Home Depot. So far seems relaxed and laid back but as with retail, I’m sure it can be busy and likely stressful at times.

Great People, Poor Wages+ Bad Scheduling

The workplace has high demands and high labor for minimum wage, the hours are also inconsistent with one day opening at 6am and the next closing at 9pm, the people make it decent, the managers are okay, nothing special , overall most people can do a lot better for better pay.

Pros

No Supervision

Cons

Bad Scheduling Labour Intensive Poor Wages

Overall great place to work at, flexible, but it depends on managers and co-workers

I'm overall pretty satisfied with my job. I'm 23 and I've been working as a lot associate for 3 years now. I currently get paid $16.90 CAD. Started at $14, which was min wage in Ontario March 2019 at the time of hire. I think for this stage of my life as a part time job, my current wage is pretty fair, especially with my current store manager (who's sadly leaving soon) is pretty generous when it comes to starting wages and raises (yearly 3-6%).The job is pretty simple and doesn't require a lot of skill or brainpower to be honest. Main duties are helping customers load items into their vehicles and maintaining carts in the lot and customer areas. Loading calls tend to fluctuate as there are times where you barely get any and there's nothing to do and others when you're getting multiple at once while still trying to keep tabs on carts.You will occasionally get called to help out in other parts of the store but for the most part it's up to you whether you wanna help. Sometimes we clean up garbage in the lot and in the winter it's salting and shoveling the entrances as needed. Be warned, pushing carts in the cold Canadian winter is BRUTAL.Busy in the Spring/Summer (April-September), but starts to slow down during Autumn/Winter (October-March).I learned a lot of customer service and general problem solving skills during my time so that's a plus. During both busy and quiet periods there often is a lot of downtime when there's nothing to do. You just need to find your own way to pass the time. Some people just hide in the cart corrals or somewhere else. Others go help out -

Pros

Flexible hours, Lots of freedom, Ample opportunity for advancement in terms of cross-training or getting promoted, get to be outside in nice weather, helps you stay in shape (ASM told me this job comes with a free gym membership lol), Great managers and co-workers, not as many interactions with customers, good benefits including tuition reimbursement, very little supervision so it's easy to get away with slacking off

Cons

Lots of physical work, often understaffed, sometimes taken advantage of, working in winter

Très bel environnement de travail.

Je m’y sens très bien les superviseurs m’aident énormément. Les directeurs sont à l’écoute et proches de tous les associés.

Fun workplace

I am absolutely loving my time at the store! Lots of PK to obtain before you really get to knowing your department as a SA though! Read labels and pay attention to customers as they explain what they need and you should be fine to figure out where/what they need. Overall I've enjoyed my time working here and am not leaving anytime soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Depot Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement