Home Care Assistance Employee Reviews

It is nice to be expose in different situation that challenge me, it was productive experienced.
PSW (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 January 2018
Its a productive experienced and help me to applied my skills in a home care settings. Developed my expertise to understand the sintement of my clients. It is a challenging to be with Dementia clients it helps me to understand what they've been through. Home care assistance is good in helping us to make our job more comforable. They always checking on us how was our clients and the situation.
Pros
The always pick us up and drive to our clients and explain our duties.
Cons
having a long hours specifically weekends overnight worked.
Hca
Hca (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2018
Very disappointed in the mind games, flexibility from staff is unrealistic, to many management and info is repeated or forgotten or put off for weeks. Was told I was going to make 14.00/hr and then they say it is based on clients so anywhere from 12-13 tops. Benefits were asked about and nothing back. Not very nice person doing scheduling.
Satisfactory
Community Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 December 2016
Productive efforts resulted in building relationship with referral sources in the community and ensuring their satisfaction with our services.

Great leadership. Good management.
organized staff and professional environment
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 June 2016
I have had so much fun and experience since I started to work for Home Care Assistance. the staff are really nice and always try their best to work around our schedules. The benefit that we get is also really good. I enjoy working in Home Care assistance a lot.
Pros
well organized
Cons
the hours during the week might change quickly
I enjoyed going to work and found it fulfilling
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2015
I enjoyed having regular clients and having a good relationship. We were like friends and cared about each other. I hope to keep in touch with clients.
Pros
took clients shopping, out to eat etc
Cons
livein position
productive
healthcare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2015
very productive workload
fun loving people (staff)
hardest is when you get stuck in a traffic because home care is when you go to clients place. Circumstances are the weather (snow, traffic accidents).
Unprofessional
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Oakville13 March 2014
Very poorly run in oakville ontario . Treat you badly if u don't tell them what they want to hear . I do not recommend this company .
Pros
Cons
Unreasonable pay (work 24 hours, paid for 10?!)
to care for your people
Assisting the patient (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 March 2014
my job is to make people happy
tro be there when the need me cook food and take care of everythink the need me do
i love to work as team my hardest par is when you loos you person that is haedes part for me because you feel like you be the part of the life
enjoyable part for is when you patient make fan of you or when you have fan sing song and dance i love to be there with them when is good time and bad time
Typical day everyday.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 February 2014
Working at home care assistance is fun, enjoyable. Working at different family, with different beliefs, wants and needs are so much to learn. Everyday is always brand new. Lots of surprises. But I love it, because dealing with other people I learned a lot of things. That I can share to my current client who he/she may be. And I grow as a person.
Average
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC15 May 2013
Our company just started about 3-4 years ago if I'm not mistaken. They are pretty young in the business but, they have already been recognized and trusted. They do not have that much benefit though, which is frustrating, and some of the hours are short. I am working with elderly and so far I am enjoying it since I grew up with my grand parents.
Pros
Home care assistance university
Cons
Short hours, Low pay