Home Care Assistance
Happiness score is 71 out of 100

Home Care Assistance Employee Reviews

I can manage my time

dementia person ,is not very easy because their thinking is not normal.they are often naughty,what they do is wrong.they have different attitude.now i've been six year,i was got the behavior of a person with dementia.

Pros

I accept home care assistant live in

Cons

Dementia person

Owner looks at staff “beneath her”

Owner is very uppity,will sneakily attempt to change hours from fulltime daytime/evening to part time nights and weekends but will say they don’t have the hours . But will hire more staff all the time . No support for ones mental health ,instead one is asked why do we need a day or two off after working 60+/in a week . One is treated like a number in stead of a person if you stand up for yourself.

Pros

Helping the elderly

Cons

Poor treatment

Great management,respectful,fair

I’ve been working with home care assistance for 2 years now , they’ve always treated me with respect , gives me the right training and the right information that i need , pays fairly ,understanding and supportive, their purpose always is to give the client high quality of service and keep the employee happy and comfortable to be able to give all from our hearts to our clients the best service that they deserve,I highly recommend this company , big thank you for the manger zareena for everything that she’s done for us and the clients

Productive and fun work place

A career in the healthcare management field is a good choice for those who want to work in a business or managerial capacity within a healthcare setting. Career options are vast and there is a huge demand for educated healthcare service managers. With the right education, you can chart out a great career in this field. They have Good employers

Pros

Bonus

Rewarding work

I love the clients I work with and have full time hours. I am always able to speak with somebody at the office if I have a concern. I get cards in the mail thanking me for what I do.

Pros

health and dental benefits, flexibility of schedule

Get to know clients and their failies

You get to help to positively impact a client's life. Enhancing a client's ability to stay in their home is a great feeling. I am honored and happy to work with Home Care Assistance

Pros

The availability for constant education pertinent to the situation that you are dealing with.

Cons

Can be long hours

They have shift openings

You don't get to work with one client most of the times because the shifts are mostly short. The salary is too small really and sometimes the clock in and out system they have gets interrupted.

Cons

Low salary, short hours

Teamwork and Good management

I strongly recommend this company! management is great and always listen to their employees.Very supportive and fair management. Care coordinators are very understanding and attentive to their clients.

Good place to start work as international nurse

Got experience in canada how the health care sector works and first job in canada so nice experience. Staffs are very professional and friendly. Good place for international nurse to start career in field.

Pros

Well advanced

Cons

Need car for work to get more hours

Hca

They work with their schedule and client needs. Best to have a second employer. Are professional. May be fatigued with long hour shifts. Must give notice of 3 months before ending an ongoing shift.

Pros

Long hour shifts. Learn a lot.

Cons

Limited favourable flexibility for care workers. Low pay.

Extremely difficult to find a placement

They do not pay attention to your availability so expect them to ask even though the make you fill out the form They will ask you to work in environments that you have said no to IE smoking homes, pets. They gave out personal information to clients with out consent

Pros

Cons

case manager, working hours, attention to detail

HomeCareAssist make job easier for each and every employee with life balance

HomeCareAssist make job easier for each and every employee with life balance, During my work with this reputable company, am always anxious to go to work everyday !

Pros

Grear exprience and life balance

Cons

More benefits and consideration of employee at any request

Management is very professional!!! Clients and families very nice.

I truly enjoy working with Home Care Assistance, mainly because of the professionalism of mngmnt (they trust employees to be independent and provide care to residents). The families I've worked with are SO nice!!!

Pros

Flex schedule

Cons

it's difficult to get 40 hours ea week ongoing....

Over all

I love working for such a caring company. The management is great! They are always there to support you, they give you many options to contact them. The owners are very accessible and are ready to help in any way.

Pros

Great Company, pay is above average.

Care giver

The office are good for the first couple months and then they dont care. They over work you and dont pay you enough for what you do. They want you to totally go out of your way for clients but dont give you enough support.

Complete Waste of Time

Literally one of the worst places you can choose to work. Expect either no hours at all or they are burning you out. Call them with a question or concern and they sound annoyed to have to talk to you. They are never there for you and not supportive at all. Do yourselves a favor and apply somewhere else.

The company is great and respond perfectly to clients needs

They are organized, understand the importance of the community work and employ qualified people to do the required task and responsibility, ensuring that the client are care for

Pros

Available job depends on available client

Cons

No client no job

Good for people looking for part time jobs.

No benefits, No security. No chance of professional advancement. To get a client is like a competition. But good thing about their agency they will monitor, how you been doing in your shift.

Poor pay, no benefits

No benefits and low pay. High expectations for work that expanded beyond the usual role, with job descriptions becoming lengthier and lengthier. Expected and mandatory unpaid overtime. I'm also pretty sure there were broken labour laws regarding the caregivers (not allowed breaks or lunch).

Great team **

I been working for over a year whit home care and they been so good to me. I recommend home care 100% good hours and great clients to work whit. Really great agency

Flexible and understanding

You get to know people, go pit and be useful. The hardest thing is not to get attached to your clients. It is rewarding and the staff is amazing. They understanding and flexible, super friendly. It is definitely a mutlicultural place!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Attachment towards the client

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Care Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement