Home Care Assistance

Home Care Assistance Employee Reviews

They work with their schedule and client needs. Best to have a second employer. Are professional. May be fatigued with long hour shifts. Must give notice of 3 months before ending an ongoing shift.
Pros
Long hour shifts. Learn a lot.
Cons
Limited favourable flexibility for care workers. Low pay.
You get to help to positively impact a client's life. Enhancing a client's ability to stay in their home is a great feeling. I am honored and happy to work with Home Care Assistance
Pros
The availability for constant education pertinent to the situation that you are dealing with.
Cons
Can be long hours
You don't get to work with one client most of the times because the shifts are mostly short. The salary is too small really and sometimes the clock in and out system they have gets interrupted.
Cons
Low salary, short hours
I strongly recommend this company! management is great and always listen to their employees.Very supportive and fair management. Care coordinators are very understanding and attentive to their clients.
Got experience in canada how the health care sector works and first job in canada so nice experience. Staffs are very professional and friendly. Good place for international nurse to start career in field.
Pros
Well advanced
Cons
Need car for work to get more hours
They do not pay attention to your availability so expect them to ask even though the make you fill out the form They will ask you to work in environments that you have said no to IE smoking homes, pets. They gave out personal information to clients with out consent
Pros
Cons
case manager, working hours, attention to detail
HomeCareAssist make job easier for each and every employee with life balance, During my work with this reputable company, am always anxious to go to work everyday !
Pros
Grear exprience and life balance
Cons
More benefits and consideration of employee at any request
I truly enjoy working with Home Care Assistance, mainly because of the professionalism of mngmnt (they trust employees to be independent and provide care to residents). The families I've worked with are SO nice!!!
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
it's difficult to get 40 hours ea week ongoing....
I love working for such a caring company. The management is great! They are always there to support you, they give you many options to contact them. The owners are very accessible and are ready to help in any way.
Pros
Great Company, pay is above average.
Cons
The office are good for the first couple months and then they dont care. They over work you and dont pay you enough for what you do. They want you to totally go out of your way for clients but dont give you enough support.
Literally one of the worst places you can choose to work. Expect either no hours at all or they are burning you out. Call them with a question or concern and they sound annoyed to have to talk to you. They are never there for you and not supportive at all. Do yourselves a favor and apply somewhere else.
They are organized, understand the importance of the community work and employ qualified people to do the required task and responsibility, ensuring that the client are care for
Pros
Available job depends on available client
Cons
No client no job
No benefits, No security. No chance of professional advancement. To get a client is like a competition. But good thing about their agency they will monitor, how you been doing in your shift.
No benefits and low pay. High expectations for work that expanded beyond the usual role, with job descriptions becoming lengthier and lengthier. Expected and mandatory unpaid overtime. I'm also pretty sure there were broken labour laws regarding the caregivers (not allowed breaks or lunch).
I been working for over a year whit home care and they been so good to me. I recommend home care 100% good hours and great clients to work whit. Really great agency
You get to know people, go pit and be useful. The hardest thing is not to get attached to your clients. It is rewarding and the staff is amazing. They understanding and flexible, super friendly. It is definitely a mutlicultural place!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Attachment towards the client
Had wonderful clients with big hearts. Management had hard times during transitions of employers but very approachable. Knowledge and experience were enhanced, and we were updated on training.
Pros
with training
Cons
They give you work based on your availability and are flexible if your schedule changes. There are opportunities for continuing education and social activities where you get to meet other caregivers. They really care about the seniors and respond quickly to any issues you bring up.
Pros
Flexible hours, responsive management
As a past employee I felt the company was unorganized and didn't support their workers. They would just you to different clients to fulfill the shifts without any introduction to client.
Cons
Low compensation
Hardest part of the job with the agency is they would sometimes cancel confirmed schedules without prior notification. Sometimes they would accommodate.
Its a productive experienced and help me to applied my skills in a home care settings. Developed my expertise to understand the sintement of my clients. It is a challenging to be with Dementia clients it helps me to understand what they've been through. Home care assistance is good in helping us to make our job more comforable. They always checking on us how was our clients and the situation.
Pros
The always pick us up and drive to our clients and explain our duties.
Cons
having a long hours specifically weekends overnight worked.