Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Nothing but good things to say about this company. A bit of a stuck up company attitude but, well deserved. They are a high end company dealing with high end clientele so, therefore, expectations are high
Pros
Above average salaries
Cons
Thoroughly did not enjoy working here as I was constantly pushed to reach unattainable targets. Sales were constantly stolen from me by chinese speaking employees. Managers never did anything to rectify the situation as they were too caught up in the cloud of livng a designer lifestyle off an employee discount budget.
There could've been improvements and changes in teamwork. There were issues with payroll. Some of the employees were more helpful than others. Management was really helpful and always kept an open door policy, and helped their employees. The annual employee family BBQ is fun. The Christmas party for employees family is great for children.
Pros
Discounts on store merchandise
Cons
Issues with pay roll
There was a lot of reports to pull and because it was a 'smaller' company there was no major brain/engine to aid in this situation. They were committed to building a system/software to aid the planners but I did not have that while I was there. Management was strong in the upper levels but my manager was not able to help me because she never used the systems we were all expected learn and use. WE were given laptops so we could from home...not to take them so we could spend a day in the comfort of our own but so that we could work longer hours. The discount is amazing and the physical space was beautiful. There is coffee and tea and an event every so often which is amazing to blow off some steam and get to know your coworkers.
Un magasin avec pleins de nouveaux défi a chaque jour
All staff, regardless of status, will be terminated and paid out if upper Management says so, regardless of work success or results. Absolutely no job security. People have worked there over 20 years and get terminated the next day. Lots of people we scared for their jobs. Human Resources is involved politics and does not listen to concerns from staff. HR is supposed to be unbiased and this is far from the case. Most Management lead with intimidation and not guidance. Very poor experience and most stressful place to work.
Pros
Discount, salary
Cons
Corrupt HR, no job security
Working at Holt Renfrew provides a unique opportunity. The company leads the frontier in luxury goods and services, and the training and mentorship offered at the company takes this mission seriously. My experience working for Holt Renfrew was the greatest job I've ever held in the service industry, and I would recommend to anybody looking for such a position to apply with them because one would be very hard pressed to find a better work environment. From daily store-wide meetings, to employee benefits and internal promotions, I would not hesitate to recommend this employer to anybody.
The managers micro manage, gossips with staff and the management team. I've encountered multiple racism between staff and the management team. The management team were very unprofessional.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
stressful work environment
a really good place to work as the discount is 50 percent, overall its great managment how ever in every work place there are various egotistical asswholes like char,
Pros
great place to work
Cons
you will be drawn into the drama
overall poor culture/morale clear evidence of favoritism/nepotism lack of communication among teams and within teams poor management on all levels ( although some individual managers are indeed great) expectation to work for longer hours - no work life balance lack of job advancement and growth poor overall processes within the business lack of support from HR high turnover in the stores and corporate office
Pros
employee discount
Cons
all of the above
Overall fun place to work, great benefits and discounts, good salary. Management super nice and fun, although workplace culture not, rude coworkers make the day very long.
It was a fun job and the managers were fantastic to work with. I always enjoyed coming into work and knew it would always be a good day. My only bad review are that some of the customers I had to deal with were very grumpy and entitled, though that is to be expected.
poor leadership bad management bad pay long hours good discount unsupportive environment junior staff is treated very poorly but senior management more room for growth
Management leads by intimidation, human resource department does nothing to address bullying and harassment, instead assists upper management to cover up mistreatment claims. Turnover is extremely high in all depts (including HR). Many people leave due to mistreatment, harassment, bullying and "unspoken" expectations to work long hours to show commitment. Favouritism and special treatment is common, management uses scapegoats , bullying tactics to lead teams and deal with outside vendors. I've been in the industry more than 15 years and this by far is the worst place I have worked for. Business strategies are reactionary and constantly changing. Physical appearances are valued over experience and skill, I have also witnessed first hand examples of racism and prejudice in team meetings that have been passed off as humour and have seen colleagues be degraded verbally in front of peers.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Discounts, Summer Hours
Cons
fast paced lots to learn amazing people fun environment a lot of incentives great sales and discounts great investments opportunities great health plan awesome customer service environment
Pros
discount
Cons
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.
I worked at Holt Renfrew as a server. Upper management use bullying, manipulation and scare tactics on restaurant staff and supervisors. It was extremely unorganized and unpleasant. I have worked in the restaurant industry for over 10 years and this was easily the worst job I ever had. Management comes from a catering and banquet background which doesn't cross over into a restaurant/retail environment. We used to call it Holt's Cafe Survivor because everyone was on the chopping block at all times. It was a very unhealthy environment. The only perks were the benefits and discounts. Also, literally the WORST uniforms I have ever seen in my life: impractical and ugly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent tips, work environment
help out when customers needed help made sure my section was clean made sure my customers were informed with what sales was going on made sure to restock clothing
Holt Renfrew is an amazing place to work, great benefits, the job culture is high, great and friendly coworkers. Good experience with management and the location is great.
Pros
discount, location, job culture
Cons
Low salary
Great job. no micromanaging and they leave a lot of responsibility with you to run your own business inside the company and figure everything out. would definitely recommend
good company to work for has its ups and downs like any other company but overall a pretty good company with good benefits and amazing people! loved working for holts
benefits
Cons
pay
  1. Employee reviews