Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Beautiful retail store
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2013
The company is great to work and pays much more hgiher than any other retail stores. Amazing discounts and the staff are all overall friendly. However, Holt Renfrew is a cut throat workplace where as employees disappear so often. Holt Renfrew doesn't not care about employee workplace rights. So the chances if they want you out, your gonna be out despite how long you've been employed with them. I was terminated for no reason, but at least the company was kind enough to give me a two weeks severance pay, which was pretty kind of them. Holt Renfrew is a numbers game where employees who do not meet the companies quotas or image will not last very long.
Pros
staff discounts, friendly staff, free lunches, hourly wages
Cons
politics, high turn over rate, no loyalty

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Everyone is expendable, Human Resounces is corrupt
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
All staff, regardless of status, will be terminated and paid out if upper Management says so, regardless of work success or results. Absolutely no job security. People have worked there over 20 years and get terminated the next day. Lots of people we scared for their jobs.
Human Resources is involved politics and does not listen to concerns from staff. HR is supposed to be unbiased and this is far from the case.
Most Management lead with intimidation and not guidance. Very poor experience and most stressful place to work.
Pros
Discount, salary
Cons
Corrupt HR, no job security
Amazing company, amazing training, amazing job
Cashier, Maintenance, Barista, and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Working at Holt Renfrew provides a unique opportunity. The company leads the frontier in luxury goods and services, and the training and mentorship offered at the company takes this mission seriously. My experience working for Holt Renfrew was the greatest job I've ever held in the service industry, and I would recommend to anybody looking for such a position to apply with them because one would be very hard pressed to find a better work environment. From daily store-wide meetings, to employee benefits and internal promotions, I would not hesitate to recommend this employer to anybody.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.