Holt Renfrew Employee Review

View all Holt Renfrew reviews

Holt Renfrew at its best
Sales associate, stock movement team (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2014
I've been working for Holt Renfrew for about a year and a half, and I absolutely love it. I went from working at Holt Renfrew's outlet store in Vaughan Mills, then worked in their distribution centre (admin. section) doing paperworks, to help and open Holt Renfrew's second hr2 store, lastly transferring to Holt Renfrew Yorkdale.

My scheduled day would be from 7 a.m. and 8 a.m. depending if I have a lot of work to do the following day. I would start off by doing the most important things, such as putting the new products onto the floor, collecting the day's paperworks, to do last minute touches for big events.

I have nothing but wonderful words to say about my management team to my coworkers. They're all friendly and easy to adapt to, which made it very easy to love working.

The hardest part about working was the stress level, I never wanted to leave work until I was done what I was doing. Whatever I left back, and what I had to do the following day - so I always tried to execute everything before I had to leave for the day. There were times I worked a minimum of 10 hours+ for a week, to help prepare for the Christmas holiday sale.
Pros
Free lunches, incentives, acknowledgements
Cons
Long hours (schedule for 8 hours, work for 10/11 hours)

Other Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

productive and great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
a really good place to work as the discount is 50 percent,
overall its great managment how ever in every work place there are various egotistical asswholes like char,
Pros
great place to work
Cons
you will be drawn into the drama
apply at your own risk
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
overall poor culture/morale
clear evidence of favoritism/nepotism
lack of communication among teams and within teams
poor management on all levels ( although some individual managers are indeed great)
expectation to work for longer hours - no work life balance
lack of job advancement and growth
poor overall processes within the business
lack of support from HR
high turnover in the stores and corporate office
Pros
employee discount
Cons
all of the above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.