Holt Renfrew logo
Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Competitive high energy environment

Nothing but good things to say about this company. A bit of a stuck up company attitude but, well deserved. They are a high end company dealing with high end clientele so, therefore, expectations are high

Pros

Above average salaries

Cons

Great brands to work for within the company

There are many luxury brands within holt Renfrew that bring all types of people from all over the world to shop. I love the customers I meet and the long lasting relationships I have built. However, the management is not the greatest. I don’t feel like I can trust management and I also feel that they are not very supportive. They will tell you to do something, without being taught how to do it. I have seen associates get yelled at on the floor which creates a bad impression for other associates and customers. Also, I feel like they cater more towards a Chinese clientele.

Pros

Building customer relationships

Cons

Poor management

Very Productive

I was completely satisfied with the work environment. The pay scale was high and very helpful management. Not stressful environment and I recommend one to work with Holt Renfrew.

Pros

Very helpful management

Nepotism taints an otherwise nice workplace

Working here I had a manipulative experience with members of my team and management. Initially they try very hard to boost your morale to make you feel like a part of the workplace, however that does not last. It then becomes very clear that unwarranted personal opinions have more weight than work ethic does. Therefore, trying to fit in or even get a chance at advancing solely relies on pandering to particular people, regardless of your skills. Issues like micro-management of tasks, trying to use newer staff as scapegoats for mistakes or difficult tasks, and the culture of defaulting to gossip behind people’s backs made it feel not worth working here for the meagre pay. Also, management is not professional, they will display blatant favouritism. Some staff members that are argumentative and disruptive to other workers and even customers will be praised regardless of what they do. It is unfortunate that these aspects can overshadow one’s experience and have more influence on one’s ability to advance in the company. I strongly believe that this company needs to examine certain staff more thoroughly to understand why they have high turnover rate.

Pros

Good staff discount, convenient location, flexible schedule

Cons

Poor work culture, lack of support, cliques

A fun place to work

Like your job, have a great smile, be professional, everyone is a potential customer, be polite and courteous to everyone thar enters the store.

Pros

Personal paid holiday day.

Cons

Nothing I can say negative about Holts I love working here, a great place to work.

Not a good company!

Not a good company to work for. BOH staff were very undervalued. I was part of the team that helped open the square one location and we were receiving thousands of pieces from the warehouse to get into the store. Daily shipments were almost equivalent some days. Weekends we were receiving shipment it was chaos a lot of the time. You do not get paid fairly. The only thing that made it enjoyable, was you did have some freedom because you worked downstairs and the manager at the time dealing with our group was fantastic! Our team also.

Benefits

Overall great place to work

This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.

Pros

Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives

Cons

Can be stressful and competitive

Bonne employeur

Beaucoup de chef pour les indiens, aurai besoin de moins de niveau de hiérarchie

Pros

Liberté d'action

Cons

Centralisation des processus

Friendly enviroment

Enjoyed working at Holt Renfrew at the concierge position, very friendly coworkers and gained new work experiences. Strong training program and great environment.

Iconic luxury brand in Canada.

Fantastic experience working with an iconic luxury retailer in Canada that enabled me to pursue advanced roles in other luxury companies. Advancement beyond the Sales Manager level is unfortunately rare.

Jobs at Holt Renfrew

See more jobs

Enjoyed working there very much

IT is a great team of high-class professionals. Interacted with business stakeholders on the regular basis. Enjoyed the environment and ability to work remotely on an as-needed basis.

Office Service

I’m Responsible for stocking office and cleaning supplies. I’m Responsible too cleaning and organizing office meeting rooms and replacement of supplements in the kitchens.

Pros

great working environment

Cons

Quick work

Excellent

Great place to work and grow your business and sales comission Very competitive and rewarding job Social & Health benefits Vacations and constant training Luxury goods

My experience at Holt Renfrew

Renfrew is one of high-end department store. I have so money coworker who are down to earth and caring people. Sometimes we have got together after work for drinks and dinner. Some times we do have potluck and birthday lunch together at work. The only things everyone hate is the schedule. There is no fixed day or fixed hour of work and every one works morning, after noon, weekday, weekend and status holiday. Specially if you have a family it is too hard to balance with family time. Other than the schedule the environment is very good, but there is high stress working condition specially on holiday and weekends.

Great place

A great place to work. The managers were excellent and it was reasonably easy to get to know co workers quickly. An overall wonderful experience, definitely would work for the company again.

Productive and fun workplace

Productive and fun workplace. Fast paced. Great work life balance. Good benefits. Good salary. Management is good. Employees are happy and friendly. High turnover in some departments.

Working at Holt Renfrew

Working in IT environment, you have no supervision and are independent in taking decision in your domain. Management will help you as and when you ask for help and solve your issue according. Experience in Holt is one of the good experience I have in the IT industry.

Great work place

Really loved working there but there's a lot a pressure on sale, you gotta be ready to work !

very good

great place to interact and build new clients and contacts expanding your network. Very paced exciting enjoyable atmosphere which is always up to date with the latest brands.

really nice working environment with lots of luxury brands

the base salary isnt very high and its not many hours and it's all based on sales. But the company has insurance and employee discounts. The working environment is good.

Too much politics at work

It sounds very nice, but management isn't the greatest. Pay is very outdated and not fair. a lot of office politics. Very little growth and development.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

too much dramas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement