Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Overall the work environment was enjoyable but management would stress the overall customer experience without the tools and services to deliver. Merchandise was not what customers wanted, and therefore there were gaps in sales. Clients are rated by spend, which is not conducive to creating extraordinary service. In my term, management increased responsibilities without increasing compensation, and deflected responsibility on employees.
- A typical work day consists of selling, cross selling, learning about skincare, cosmetics and fragrance. - Learned about the clientele and products sold at HR. - Constant pressure of highly unachievable sales goals. - No training provided. Employees are expected to know how to operate in the store without proper training. - Negative work environment - Poor management. High turn over rate with new managers every year. Managers show favouritism to some employees. Employees who do not achieve their sales goals are treated differently. - Corrupt and biased Human Resources. Only there to protect management. Does not listen to concerns from staff. - No job security. - No culture I have never worked in such a negative and toxic work environment in my life. I truly hope someone reads these reviews and changes are made so future staff can have a safe and positive work environment and experience growth.
Pros
Benefits & Discount
Cons
Harassment, toxic environment, nepotism, no growth, high turn over rate, inexperienced management team, stressful.
I loved working at Holt Renfrew, they helped me grow as an individual and I gained product knowledge to help enhance my ideal career in the near future.
Pros
definitely the environment, scheduling flexibility and the perks
Cons
sales-driven retail environment where customer service and high volume sales is expected. company lacks corporate communication skills and the customers often know more than the staff do regarding promotions etc.
On a typical day at work: one would sign in and head onto the sales floor. There, one would greet and welcome every customer to come into the store. Selling purely based in commission, it's more important to focus on your customer service. Once giving the customer the very best service is at the heart of your approach, sales will naturally follow. Management has always left something to be desired, in this company. I can't discuss details, but suffice it to say that where they put their money, hours and ideas are not exactly conducive to a thriving work place. But I still do my job to the best of my abilities and follow company policy. The hardest part of the job is just this:not being able to leave work at work. I'd have a constant life-line to all of my clients. Not that it's anything I can't handle, but I feel that the more difficult part is constantly answering to clients every hour of the day, inclusive of my days off. Also, going into the store on my days off, to service clients personally- so that I'm sure they're receiving the very best in service. The most enjoyable part of the job can't be brought down to just one point. The team I'd work with was amazing, and working with the clients I had was always a joy as well. I've learned a lot of positive things through coworkers, and I've vastly improved in mandarin as a direct result of constantly working with Chinese clientele.
Pros
A team that supports each other
Cons
Scheduling
The company is great to work and pays much more hgiher than any other retail stores. Amazing discounts and the staff are all overall friendly. However, Holt Renfrew is a cut throat workplace where as employees disappear so often. Holt Renfrew doesn't not care about employee workplace rights. So the chances if they want you out, your gonna be out despite how long you've been employed with them. I was terminated for no reason, but at least the company was kind enough to give me a two weeks severance pay, which was pretty kind of them. Holt Renfrew is a numbers game where employees who do not meet the companies quotas or image will not last very long.
Pros
staff discounts, friendly staff, free lunches, hourly wages
Cons
politics, high turn over rate, no loyalty
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Holt Renfrew?