Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.
Pros
Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and competitive
There are many luxury brands within holt Renfrew that bring all types of people from all over the world to shop. I love the customers I meet and the long lasting relationships I have built. However, the management is not the greatest. I don’t feel like I can trust management and I also feel that they are not very supportive. They will tell you to do something, without being taught how to do it. I have seen associates get yelled at on the floor which creates a bad impression for other associates and customers. Also, I feel like they cater more towards a Chinese clientele.
Pros
Building customer relationships
Cons
Poor management
the base salary isnt very high and its not many hours and it's all based on sales. But the company has insurance and employee discounts. The working environment is good.
managers are nlot very supportive. staff are all commission driven so no coporate culture or incentives to work together in team environment. all very numbers driven so hard to get management to back you on anything .
Pros
discount on luxury goods
Cons
toxic culture
HR is a good company with all great benefits. But working there, you would have a lot of pressure. The sales goal is high, especially if you are new in this field. Overall, it is good experience.
Smaller Scale company with opportunities of growth and internal development, focus and emphasis on sales with a focus on serving the luxury clientele.
Holt Renfrew's overall environment provides its employees with multiple learning experiences and challenges. Great people to work with and clients. Would work there again.
Thoroughly did not enjoy working here as I was constantly pushed to reach unattainable targets. Sales were constantly stolen from me by chinese speaking employees. Managers never did anything to rectify the situation as they were too caught up in the cloud of livng a designer lifestyle off an employee discount budget.
If you have seen the movie Mean Girls, then you know exactly what it would be like to work at this place. If you haven't seen the movie then go watch it please because it would truly save me from writing a lengthy review.
Pros
Breaks, Pay maybe
Cons
Management, co-workers, city, people
Ogilvy is the worst place to work in Cosmetics in Montreal. Worst management I ever seen. Doesn't solves issues, no communication, no respect for the associates, talked down on you. All they give you is a call list everyday. No advancement possible. If you want to be miserable and bored, go work there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad manager
I wouldn't ever go back! Management doesn't know how to handle issues within the team. Allows the woman in Creed perfume to bully other employees for sales. Never addresses the problem. They have lost a lot of good employees for that reason. Horrible environment and you are never appreciated ever! Do yourself a favor, don't work there!
Pros
No pros!
good environment.high pressure.hard work but overall good company to work for. they take care of their employees very good and u ll have fun at work every day
A great work environment, with the tools and knowledge to succeed.Makeovers on a daily basisUpdating client filesSending thank you cards to clientsHousekeepingBuilding relationships and starting new ones
Pros
great products to work with at the chanel counter