Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

A great place to work. The managers were excellent and it was reasonably easy to get to know co workers quickly. An overall wonderful experience, definitely would work for the company again.
Enjoyed the things I learned about myself while I work for them. Tons of amazing benefits. It was just bad timing based on the direction I went going back to school.
Pros
Benefits, pay and perks
Cons
hours around holidays
The managers micro manage, gossips with staff and the management team. I've encountered multiple racism between staff and the management team. The management team were very unprofessional.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
stressful work environment
If you have seen the movie Mean Girls, then you know exactly what it would be like to work at this place. If you haven't seen the movie then go watch it please because it would truly save me from writing a lengthy review.
Pros
Breaks, Pay maybe
Cons
Management, co-workers, city, people
The environment offers the chance to work around luxury, however, this particular location is quick to cut corners and often neglects basic necessities to appear luxurious. The store is set in their ways and often find it hard to embrace changes and adapt to a new retail landscape. The hardest part of the job is being able to satisfy clients needs and expectations as the remote location does not have access to whats popular to Edmonton, and head office has somehow made staff accept the unwanted scraps from other bigger stores. When times are tough, the pressure trickles down.
Pros
Additional 15 minute break; Exclusive brands in Edmonton
Cons
coming in to work at 9 AM. I learned how to be aggressive sales person here. Management was never around hardly. Co-workers socialized lots here. Hardest part of my job was that the store had slow traffic especially in the summer. Most enjoyable part of my job was working in a store that offered incredible products.