Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.
Pros
Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and competitive
Enjoyed working at Holt Renfrew at the concierge position, very friendly coworkers and gained new work experiences. Strong training program and great environment.
Fantastic experience working with an iconic luxury retailer in Canada that enabled me to pursue advanced roles in other luxury companies. Advancement beyond the Sales Manager level is unfortunately rare.
Over all, Holts is a great company to work for. A true Canadian luxury house! Even with latest competition from US, Holts still stand strong as the only luxury department store in Canada. What is pro can be a con at the same time, Holt is true Canadian, which means the whole executive team remain all caucasian including head quarter as well as all stores. I would prefer to think it's culture difference instead of racist, but after all these years, it's hard to only look at positive side.
Pros
beautiful products, great discount!
Cons
long hours on your feet.
Mixed culture with coworkers from all over the countries, showing respect to different cultures and beliefs. Management always give employees support whenever they need, also, you can make a lot of friends during work.
It was a fun job and the managers were fantastic to work with. I always enjoyed coming into work and knew it would always be a good day. My only bad review are that some of the customers I had to deal with were very grumpy and entitled, though that is to be expected.
Holt Renfrew has a "tight knit" family. This means if you work on the sales floor, expect the team member who has been there for a year to make a lot more commission than you, not to mention hourly wage.
good environment.high pressure.hard work but overall good company to work for. they take care of their employees very good and u ll have fun at work every day
I loved working for Holt Renfrew. The customers were great! Also, working for the Brand Thomas Pink was amazing to me!!! I felt so respected and loved going into work and giving a 110% all the time.
Pros
Amazing clothes and customers.
Cons
Very competitive due to commission sales.
working in Holt Renfrew is a pleasure, I have learned a lot: starting from improving my leadership skills to be a better communicator( handle and solve the problems, and be self-aware of your own attitude). I work in a team of 4 people, and my co-worker are amazing. We always help each other and making sure we communicate all the time so it wont be any miscommunication situations. I believe that the job that I am doing right now helped me to develop my people skills, since I am constantly interacting with customers.
I thoroughly enjoyed my three years with this company and made meaningful relationships. I was able to express my passion in fashion and customer service. My main focus was my clients, who I am in constant communication with and meet all their needs. Hard work and determination were key for success in meeting goals. My co-workers are a crucial part to my day as they were one of the reasons why I enjoyed my job. Team work was very important and we were always willing to assist one another in any way possible. The only objective I would have is the ability to advance within the company as there is not much opportunity to grow and the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing clients satisfied and building lasting relationships.
I loved working here, it was my passion. Lovely staff and customers it really was like living in a dream and getting paid. I learned that nothing is what it seems.Beautiful souls should be beautiful. soo simple and so true.I discovered many ways to bring out a persons beauty but also learned how to be better myself.Most enjoyable is I felt like family.Hardest part of the job is the corporate feel.
Pros
Recognition and Incentive.
Cons
long hours and constant events.
Upon arrival we make sure that our deparment is in order, product is organized, clean and supplies are replenished. Customers are always first, any down time is spent in reorganizing product to make sure everything is appealing to customers eye. I have learned different product lines, designers, where they come from and how they are made, what stones and material are used to create each product. Management and co-workers are all 1st. rate very professional on all levels. Hardest part of this job is the commute to and from with transit. I live one block from Chinook hence the reason for change. Most enjoyable part is the comaraderie of staff and management as well meeting and enjoyment of our customer.
Pros
Training availability, interaction with managment, Feeling of being part of the whole picture.
Cons
Commute to and from job
Fantastic company to work for, no complaints about the company!The management is what needs the most improvement!