Holt Renfrew

Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Work environment is very toxic. Management is so poor and very unprofessional. Managers would always preach about customer service and say how customers are the king & queen but the minute we need help they turn their backs. Other department employees & top sellers would display arrogant & ignorant attitudes which was annoying.
Pros
discount
Cons
no support, poor management, cliques
I was completely satisfied with the work environment. The pay scale was high and very helpful management. Not stressful environment and I recommend one to work with Holt Renfrew.
Pros
Very helpful management
Working here I had a manipulative experience with members of my team and management. Initially they try very hard to boost your morale to make you feel like a part of the workplace, however that does not last. It then becomes very clear that unwarranted personal opinions have more weight than work ethic does. Therefore, trying to fit in or even get a chance at advancing solely relies on pandering to particular people, regardless of your skills. Issues like micro-management of tasks, trying to use newer staff as scapegoats for mistakes or difficult tasks, and the culture of defaulting to gossip behind people’s backs made it feel not worth working here for the meagre pay. Also, management is not professional, they will display blatant favouritism. Some staff members that are argumentative and disruptive to other workers and even customers will be praised regardless of what they do. It is unfortunate that these aspects can overshadow one’s experience and have more influence on one’s ability to advance in the company. I strongly believe that this company needs to examine certain staff more thoroughly to understand why they have high turnover rate.
Pros
Good staff discount, convenient location, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor work culture, lack of support, cliques
Like your job, have a great smile, be professional, everyone is a potential customer, be polite and courteous to everyone thar enters the store.
Pros
Personal paid holiday day.
Cons
Nothing I can say negative about Holts I love working here, a great place to work.
Not a good company to work for. BOH staff were very undervalued. I was part of the team that helped open the square one location and we were receiving thousands of pieces from the warehouse to get into the store. Daily shipments were almost equivalent some days. Weekends we were receiving shipment it was chaos a lot of the time. You do not get paid fairly. The only thing that made it enjoyable, was you did have some freedom because you worked downstairs and the manager at the time dealing with our group was fantastic! Our team also.
Benefits
This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.
Pros
Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and competitive
Beaucoup de chef pour les indiens, aurai besoin de moins de niveau de hiérarchie
Pros
Liberté d'action
Cons
Centralisation des processus
Enjoyed working at Holt Renfrew at the concierge position, very friendly coworkers and gained new work experiences. Strong training program and great environment.
Fantastic experience working with an iconic luxury retailer in Canada that enabled me to pursue advanced roles in other luxury companies. Advancement beyond the Sales Manager level is unfortunately rare.
IT is a great team of high-class professionals. Interacted with business stakeholders on the regular basis. Enjoyed the environment and ability to work remotely on an as-needed basis.
I’m Responsible for stocking office and cleaning supplies. I’m Responsible too cleaning and organizing office meeting rooms and replacement of supplements in the kitchens.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
Quick work
Great place to work and grow your business and sales comission Very competitive and rewarding job Social & Health benefits Vacations and constant training Luxury goods
Renfrew is one of high-end department store. I have so money coworker who are down to earth and caring people. Sometimes we have got together after work for drinks and dinner. Some times we do have potluck and birthday lunch together at work. The only things everyone hate is the schedule. There is no fixed day or fixed hour of work and every one works morning, after noon, weekday, weekend and status holiday. Specially if you have a family it is too hard to balance with family time. Other than the schedule the environment is very good, but there is high stress working condition specially on holiday and weekends.
A great place to work. The managers were excellent and it was reasonably easy to get to know co workers quickly. An overall wonderful experience, definitely would work for the company again.
Productive and fun workplace. Fast paced. Great work life balance. Good benefits. Good salary. Management is good. Employees are happy and friendly. High turnover in some departments.
Working in IT environment, you have no supervision and are independent in taking decision in your domain. Management will help you as and when you ask for help and solve your issue according. Experience in Holt is one of the good experience I have in the IT industry.
Really loved working there but there's a lot a pressure on sale, you gotta be ready to work !
great place to interact and build new clients and contacts expanding your network. Very paced exciting enjoyable atmosphere which is always up to date with the latest brands.
the base salary isnt very high and its not many hours and it's all based on sales. But the company has insurance and employee discounts. The working environment is good.
It sounds very nice, but management isn't the greatest. Pay is very outdated and not fair. a lot of office politics. Very little growth and development.
Pros
Learn a lot
Cons
too much dramas
Working at Holts has a lot of benefits including the employee discount which can be used in the store. The offices are easily accessed and management works hard to make employees feel welcome
  1. Employee reviews