Holt Renfrew
Holt Renfrew Employee Review

really nice working environment with lots of luxury brands

15 February 2020
the base salary isnt very high and its not many hours and it's all based on sales. But the company has insurance and employee discounts. The working environment is good.
5.0Job security/advancement
17 April 2021
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
There are many luxury brands within holt Renfrew that bring all types of people from all over the world to shop. I love the customers I meet and the long lasting relationships I have built. However, the management is not the greatest. I don’t feel like I can trust management and I also feel that they are not very supportive. They will tell you to do something, without being taught how to do it. I have seen associates get yelled at on the floor which creates a bad impression for other associates and customers. Also, I feel like they cater more towards a Chinese clientele.
Pros
Building customer relationships
Cons
Poor management
3 July 2020
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.
Pros
Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and competitive
3 January 2020
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
managers are nlot very supportive. staff are all commission driven so no coporate culture or incentives to work together in team environment. all very numbers driven so hard to get management to back you on anything .
Pros
discount on luxury goods
Cons
toxic culture
  1. really nice working environment with lots of luxury brands