Holt Renfrew
Holt Renfrew Employee Review

Overall great place to work

3 July 2020
This is a great company to work for. You feel part of the team. In a luxury environment, it pushes you to want to offer the best service to clients. They celebrate milestones such as work anniversaries, and good customer service is rewarded with regular acknowledgements and rewards. Every year those who make their sales goals are acknowledged as part of a special group. The management is fairly good, there are the few bad apples but it's mostly good management. The job can be stressful with the sales goals, but it is a supportive environment from management mostly. It can be competitive with other staff.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Great benefits, great work culture, good compensation/commission, great rewards for selling and customer service, good incentives
Cons
Can be stressful and competitive
17 April 2021
Same role
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) - Vancouver, BC
There are many luxury brands within holt Renfrew that bring all types of people from all over the world to shop. I love the customers I meet and the long lasting relationships I have built. However, the management is not the greatest. I don’t feel like I can trust management and I also feel that they are not very supportive. They will tell you to do something, without being taught how to do it. I have seen associates get yelled at on the floor which creates a bad impression for other associates and customers. Also, I feel like they cater more towards a Chinese clientele.
Pros
Building customer relationships
Cons
Poor management
15 February 2020
Same role
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) - Yorkdale, ON
the base salary isnt very high and its not many hours and it's all based on sales. But the company has insurance and employee discounts. The working environment is good.
3 June 2020
Same location
Concierge (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Enjoyed working at Holt Renfrew at the concierge position, very friendly coworkers and gained new work experiences. Strong training program and great environment.
  1. Overall great place to work