Holt Renfrew Employee Reviews

Amazing company, amazing training, amazing job
Cashier, Maintenance, Barista, and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2018
Working at Holt Renfrew provides a unique opportunity. The company leads the frontier in luxury goods and services, and the training and mentorship offered at the company takes this mission seriously. My experience working for Holt Renfrew was the greatest job I've ever held in the service industry, and I would recommend to anybody looking for such a position to apply with them because one would be very hard pressed to find a better work environment. From daily store-wide meetings, to employee benefits and internal promotions, I would not hesitate to recommend this employer to anybody.
productive and great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
a really good place to work as the discount is 50 percent,
overall its great managment how ever in every work place there are various egotistical asswholes like char,
Pros
great place to work
Cons
you will be drawn into the drama
apply at your own risk
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2018
overall poor culture/morale
clear evidence of favoritism/nepotism
lack of communication among teams and within teams
poor management on all levels ( although some individual managers are indeed great)
expectation to work for longer hours - no work life balance
lack of job advancement and growth
poor overall processes within the business
lack of support from HR
high turnover in the stores and corporate office
Pros
employee discount
Cons
all of the above
outgoing work place
Assisting guests (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2018
It was a fun job and the managers were fantastic to work with. I always enjoyed coming into work and knew it would always be a good day. My only bad review are that some of the customers I had to deal with were very grumpy and entitled, though that is to be expected.
Low budget Devil Wear Prada
Merchant Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
poor leadership
bad management
bad pay
good discount
unsupportive environment
junior staff is treated very poorly but senior management
more room for growth
Workplace Harassment & Bullying is Real
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Management leads by intimidation, human resource department does nothing to address bullying and harassment, instead assists upper management to cover up mistreatment claims. Turnover is extremely high in all depts (including HR). Many people leave due to mistreatment, harassment, bullying and "unspoken" expectations to work long hours to show commitment. Favouritism and special treatment is common, management uses scapegoats , bullying tactics to lead teams and deal with outside vendors. I've been in the industry more than 15 years and this by far is the worst place I have worked for. Business strategies are reactionary and constantly changing. Physical appearances are valued over experience and skill, I have also witnessed first hand examples of racism and prejudice in team meetings that have been passed off as humour and have seen colleagues be degraded verbally in front of peers.
Pros
Employee Benefits, Discounts, Summer Hours
Holt Renfrew
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brossard13 February 2018
Holt Renfrew was an amazing working experience for me as they have very good workplace culture and really care about their employees. a typical day would be communication with management, receive and process shipments, organize day with management team. Worked with a great team, hardest part was leaving the company because there was no position for advancement.
Terrible, terrible work culture
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 February 2018
I worked at Holt Renfrew as a server. Upper management use bullying, manipulation and scare tactics on restaurant staff and supervisors. It was extremely unorganized and unpleasant. I have worked in the restaurant industry for over 10 years and this was easily the worst job I ever had.

Management comes from a catering and banquet background which doesn't cross over into a restaurant/retail environment. We used to call it Holt's Cafe Survivor because everyone was on the chopping block at all times. It was a very unhealthy environment.
The only perks were the benefits and discounts.

Also, literally the WORST uniforms I have ever seen in my life: impractical and ugly.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, hours
Cons
Management, inconsistent tips, work environment
productive and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON29 January 2018
help out when customers needed help
made sure my section was clean
made sure my customers were informed with what sales was going on
made sure to restock clothing
Amazing place to work at
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Montreal15 January 2018
Holt Renfrew is an amazing place to work, great benefits, the job culture is high, great and friendly coworkers.
Good experience with management and the location is great.
Pros
discount, location, job culture
Cons
Low salary
good
Women's Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Great job. no micromanaging and they leave a lot of responsibility with you to run your own business inside the company and figure everything out. would definitely recommend
good company
Women's Wear Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
good company to work for has its ups and downs like any other company but overall a pretty good company with good benefits and amazing people! loved working for holts
benefits
Cons
pay
Experience At Holt Renfrew
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2017
Amazing display and set up, and atmosphere of the store. They really carry themselves as a very upscale, expensive department store who does a great job of maintaining the prestige of the environment. The workers there are very friendly and accepting, and management are great to get along with. The culture varies from very established and upscale clients and individuals to urban and very modest individuals who come in to shop.
Pros
great staff, good hours
Cons
opportunities
Excellent place to work!
Professional Gift Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
I started out as a seasonal gift wrapper as one of my very first jobs and I could not have asked for a better opportunity; returned for several years. The environment was very welcoming and supportive.
Productive workplace and good management
Make-up Artist, Charlotte Tilbury (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON5 December 2017
Fun workplace and amazing team members. Some great managers always motivating you for better results. Supportive co-workers. Proud moment when you are able to make your client happy and from first time buyer to your permanent client!
Pros
free refreshments sometimes
Cons
crazy hours
Avoid this TOXIC work enviorment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
The management is biases and shows favoritism towards employees.
Unfair salaries, rules against employees that are unrealistic, and
treated with disrespect.
No chance for career opportunities or advancement no matter how hard employees work.
There is a lack of communication and teamwork towards employees and management.
Overall, Holt Renfrew as company is a toxic work environment!
Pros
Employees friendships and discounts
Cons
Management and salaries
High end luxury retail environment
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 November 2017
Large team. Supportive and protective management. Perks and benefits provided with service. Involved management team that communicates changes and requirements.
Great Company
Marketing and CRM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
Great Company to work for! I worked with customer relations management and marketing. It was great to work with the company and individuals there. As well, I learned alot about marketing, social media and more.
Pros
Staff lunches and get togethers
Cons
Mall hours until 10pm once closed
Just do yourself a favor and avoid this place
Beauty Adviser/ Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
If you have seen the movie Mean Girls, then you know exactly what it would be like to work at this place. If you haven't seen the movie then go watch it please because it would truly save me from writing a lengthy review.
Pros
Breaks, Pay maybe
Cons
Management, co-workers, city, people
Luxury
Sales Manager, Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Holt Renfrew is a fast pace forever changing environment, there is never a dull moment. Amazing and unique luxury merchandise. Great team at floor level and within managment.
Pros
team and incentives
Cons
no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holt Renfrew. Our community is ready to answer.