Hollyburn Properties Ltd. Employee Reviews

It Depends What You Make of It
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 April 2018
I enjoyed working for Hollyburn Properties. As a Resident Manager, I was able to take control and manage the building to make sure the standards are kept and the building operated effectively. The management was good in my opinion and our area supervisor was awesome.

The hardest part of the job is work/life balance and dealing with other Resident Managers. Some are not so happy to assist/help, there is a bit of negativity with some employees...so it's hard to keep positive if your around some people that always look for the bad. The good thing is you work mostly in your building and can set the tone or mood within your own place of work.

The company is always growing and changing so at times this can make it difficult to get into a rhythm at your building with the company due to so many changes happening. Hollyburn is always working at improving its employee experience so I did appreciate that!

If you have a good Property Manager that is reasonable, professional and cares and you have a good building then I recommend working for Hollyburn Properties Ltd.
Pros
Location and Self Management
Cons
24/5 phone and turning suites quickly
excellent company
resident manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2017
Enjoyed working for Hollyburn, had training in many areas of the business and monthly meetings to update all management of new and changing procedures. Managers received good bonuses for work well done!
Pros
relaxed environment
7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you were provided with valuable training and felt informed of new procedures and policies.

Until you find a real job
Resident manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 October 2017
Survival company for new immigrants, as 90% of their employees are, until you find a normal job.
Management is ok with that, that's why they maintain minimum wage and don't mind an enormous turnover of employees.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Everything else
So much work load
Building manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC1 February 2017
I had worked for the long time , the companies run with the few psycho sociopath, no remorse and respect for hard working people
Pros
Owners seems to care more
Cons
Management sucks
7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We regret that you had a negative experience at Hollyburn Properties and hope you were given an opportunity to address your concerns while you were still with the company.
We encourage you to reach out to us directly at careers@hollyburn.com so that our Human Resources department may follow up and formally address your concerns.

Very nice place to work at
Resident Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2015
Do all kinds of jobs, painting, maintenance, very nice management and helpful co-workers. Even though mostly every day the work was hard to do, I really enjoyed working for Hollyburn properties
Pros
Nice people
7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to learn that you had a positive experience while at Hollyburn Properties.

Great team environment
Assistant Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  vancouver bc8 November 2014
Daily work schedule consists of cleaning and maintaining the building. Most of the day is spent helping tenants with their maintenance requests and/or renovating empty suits. The whole team works very well together and every day is a training day.
Fair property management company
resident assistant manager and resident manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC22 April 2013
I did not quite enjoy working for this company because I did not receive payment for my over-time work.
Cheap
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2012
relationship between all the employees are about the only good experience I had working in this company, however because there are many talking behind people's backs going on so even that may not be as good as it seems from the outside.
Pay seems to be fair when explained at the interview, but hours expected to work and work load for the number of people they hire is not even close to acceptable.
Pros
free rent
Cons
management, salary, hours