Hollyburn Country Club

Hollyburn Country Club Employee Reviews

Very well managed, great work environment. Competitive wages and friendly co workers! Benefits for full time hours are very impressive and they strive to help their employees grow and learn.
The job is fairly easy, I've encountered some horrible co-workers, and didn't get treated fairly. Overall bad atmosphere, wouldn't recommend working here unless you want good benefits.
Benefits
Easy job, good management but slow environment. I recommend it to someone who needs a first experience or that is ok with a slow environment that sometimes may appear boring.
I learned how to work with demanding clients and focus on time management within the workplace. The team was filled with enthusiastic and compassionate people which made Hollyburn such an excellent place to work.
great place for summer / part time work full time work is hard to grow within company i would only work at a place like this if i were looking to make some extra money while in school, or if you don't take yourself too seriously.
Hollyburn is a nice family Oriented environment where everybody is familiar with everybody else the management is good and the benefits are better. I am happy!
Pros
Good food
Cons
Inconsistent
Very fun workplace, with good staff and management !!The company provides staff with very enjoyable bonuses ie. annual Christmas parties, weekly contests and optional daily fitness classes!
Pros
free lunches, Christmas party, contests
Cons
non-competitive lifeguard wage
Worked here for a summer. Fun place to work as a student. Some of the clientele can be quite rude, and it's a flat 7% tip, but since the food is so expensive you can make good money.
Fast paced with lots of opportunity to move up. Staff are friendly and management was very supportive. Great benefits and good pay. A diverse place to work as it harmony different departments.
Pros
free food.
Great place to work very friendly people you never feel out place or alone there’s always someone helping you proper training is given to you can’t go wrong
this experience was amazing a huge event that brought lots of people from around to play tennis the food is amazing the entertainment music the atmosphere itself is something you have to experience for yourself
Pros
free food
Cons
can get really busy
I followed a busboy for six months learning how everything and helping out members. It was a great experience with great coworkers that were helpful and supportive the whole time.
Pros
The employees were helpful and kind
Cons
The heat in the kitchen makes it hard to work sometimes
My best job ever . Enjoyed working at the county club very much . Made lots of new friends . Made lots of friends with the members .worked in different departments and I was a strong team player .
Pros
Free lunches . Good benefits
Cons
Worked weekends
An exclusive club that has great coworkers, good benefits, and a unique work experience. My coworkers made a great team, I truly miss them. As with all jobs, this one had it's ups and downs, but all-in-all, it was a good place to work.
Daily function set up and preventive maintenance Driving the Zamboni is great, would like to do it again if there is a chance Work environment is fun and very family oriented between company and employee
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
8 hours on the feet
Had such a great time working for Hollyburn, I had a lot of people around my age who I knew from around the community so it felt like family. Everyone got along well and it was always a joy to be their.
Pros
benefits, free meal during shift. Fun place to work. Close to home
Cons
members were sometimes rude to employees
A typical day at work would consist of serving food and beverages, cleaning tables and organizing work areas. I learned how to work as a team player in a fast paced environment. The management were friendly and respectful. My co-workers were respectful and helpful. The hardest part of the job was managing customer expectations. The most enjoyable was working in a fast paced environment.