HollisWealth Employee Reviews

My team was amazing!
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 June 2019
I had a great team! Wonderful boss, dog friendly and the environment is amazing, I loved the fun and great team work. The teaching is awsome, very supportive.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No cons
Great coworks, individual bosses. Terrible payroll
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 May 2019
If you find a good investor work for, this could be a great company. I unfortunately, did not. The payroll company never gets your paycheques right. Would not recommend without extensive research on the advisor you would work for.
Terrible company
Sr. Compliance Officer, Branch Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
I witnessed a person die in their chair and the management, mad jokes. I was disgusted by how they treated their employees. Glad I no longer work there.
unstable
Senior Manager, Operations and Advisor Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto17 April 2019
currently very unstable business - acquired by Industrial Alliance Securities and restructured management teams. Firm is going through many changes that are not seen as productive. Advisors and employees losing faith in corporate mandate
Fine
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 March 2019
Was good for temporary work. Did very basic things and was a good part time job for a student. (I dont want to review this so stop making me I was there for a month chill)
Difficult work environment
INVESTMENT ADVISOR'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2019
There was little training. The one Managing partner was very difficult to work for. It was a very toxic environment. Which made every day very draining.
Pros
Other work colleagues were great and very supportive!
Cons
Toxic environmenmt
Run as fast as you can!!!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 January 2019
Soul sucking, poor management, unprofessional, unethical, unrealistic expectations of staff when owners are NEVER there, and you are expected to lie to the clients as to why they are never in the office. Have UNlicenced assistants meet with clients as the wife of the team is too busy getting Botox and the husband can’t be bothered either. Little to no training. You are expected to work 12-14 hours per week the month of April during tax time and they REFUSE to pay overtime and they offer ZERO sick/personal days. I could go on and on........

The smaller clients (under 100k) don’t matter and they don’t want them in the office as they are of no “value” to them.

Husband and wife team in Oakville, ON. on South Sheridan Way.
Pros
Some of the co workers.
Cons
Too many to list
not weathering the transition to Industrial Alliance Securities
Senior Manager, Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2018
HollisWealth was a incredible company to work for when ownership was still under Scotiabank. Since the conversion last year to Industrial Alliance Securities, several good people have left the firm due to frustration and poor management at the executive level. They have brought in a new COO, however he does not fully understand the essence of the business since conversion and is not willing to make changes to his mandate. Unfortunately, the once energetic and fun culture that made HollisWealth a fun place to work is disintegrating.
Good
Selenium Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
It was a good learning with them and team collaborative work. As got a cooperative working environment which motivates a lot.
All the management is really good.
Mgr Client Services
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 November 2018
Take take take ,,, over time no compensation, rude aggressive boss.Team Trian, conflict conflict conflict with no way to resolve or escalate any employment issue as each office is individually owned.
Imagine you are pregnant and your boss tells you to get your hormones in check. The lady part of the team the wife liar liar liar, afraid of her husband who ran the show be prepared to be thrown under the bus again and again.
Compensation was adequate but the environment eats away at you day by day until the life is literally sucked out of you!
Pros
Wages
Cons
You come out felling 2’inches tall
Business development associate - Eastern Canada (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2018
I truly enjoyed working at Hollis Wealth! Helping our advisors grow their insurance business through personalized training sessions, organizing professional business development days, working closely with our Insurance consultants across Canada.
The Most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant to the Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
I am a Financial Planner back home. And here at Hollis Wealth I am learning and exploring how Financial Planning is done in Canada. I am really enjoying it as the best part is I am doing what interests me.
Excellent Place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2018
Fun role, opportunity to utilize learning from finance major. Allows you to practice skills developed through university and use them everyday. Excellent place to work.
Good place to work but improvements needed
Investment Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2018
Good place to work but could still has room to grow. Since been taken over by a large insurance firm, the back office issues still need to be resolved on a more timely basis. Other than that, back office staff are friendly and helpful.
Compensation
Client Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
Compensation was poor. Was lied to in my initial offer when joining the firm. There was a reluctance to help me financially with the advanced education that was required for my job. No benefits, no RRSP matching. Long work hours and expected to work past the allotted time.
Horrible employer (dissapointing in financial industry)
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2018
HollisWealth deserves at most 1 star.

Offices seem unprofessional and unethical, to say least.
Really, like others say, 21st century used car salespeople.

No reason to work there really, unless you have no place to work.
No benefits, little crumb for compensation, no paid time-off.

Supervisor's do not care nor value you. You are dust under a rug.
Why work here when you could work at Walmart for a little less?
Pros
Cons
Many
Lack Luster
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2017
If you're looking for a Straight out of High School Frienemies cool kids clique, where gossip is king and everyone is superficial and materialistic then this is the workplace for you.

If you enjoy lack of direction from management and zero feedback on job performance, then you have found your dream job!

They will even nickel and dime you on your pay, sneak up on you at your desk while you are working, and make you feel like an outcast and not part of the team.
Pros
Cons
0 Leadership, mngmt does not communicate to employees, emplolyee personal info is not kept confidential, 0 feed back on Job performance
Internship
Junior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 July 2017
I was a summer intern for a portfolio manager at Holliswealth.
My project for the summer was to create a system that analyses companies based on my boss's requirements that could be updated quarterly. Work place was very professional. colleagues were friendly, easy to approach and willing to help, so my typical day would include mostly problem solving, working closely with my boss and learning from my colleagues.
Pros
Experience achieved in my field of study
Cons
Low wage because its an internship
Good staff.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 July 2017
Investments are a cut and dry profession. It's not always exciting but there's always something to learn. Someone is always willing to teach you or answer any questions you have.
Pros
The hours.
Cons
Limited advancement.
Great office environment
ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2017
Nice, small group of immediate coworkers, part of a bigger group just as great. Collaborative bunch of people committed to helping each other achieve the same goals. Great teamwork and team oriented environment.