HollisWealth

HollisWealth Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
I was doing an internship at hollisWealth. Nice work environment and manager is supportive. I learned a lot and found a full-time job at Scotiabank with the intern experience.
Work both as a team and on your own, HollisWealth was a great place to work in the financial industry. Lots of room to grow and given more than enough support to complete any required tasks.
HollisWealth was a wonderful place to work. This firm is growing in Canada and will continue to hopefully push the use of independent investment firms. This allows you to learn countless things about the investment industry.
I worked with Dundee Wealth that was bought by Holliswealth and continued as an investment advisor until I retired in 2016. The company was owned by Scotia Bank.
Learnt how portfolios are created and the metrics of a portfolio. Also learnt how to do find and get clients. Very competitive and very difficult to succeed in the company.
I had a great team! Wonderful boss, dog friendly and the environment is amazing, I loved the fun and great team work. The teaching is awsome, very supportive.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No cons
If you find a good investor work for, this could be a great company. I unfortunately, did not. The payroll company never gets your paycheques right. Would not recommend without extensive research on the advisor you would work for.
I witnessed a person die in their chair and the management, mad jokes. I was disgusted by how they treated their employees. Glad I no longer work there.
currently very unstable business - acquired by Industrial Alliance Securities and restructured management teams. Firm is going through many changes that are not seen as productive. Advisors and employees losing faith in corporate mandate
Was good for temporary work. Did very basic things and was a good part time job for a student. (I dont want to review this so stop making me I was there for a month chill)
There was little training. The one Managing partner was very difficult to work for. It was a very toxic environment. Which made every day very draining.
Pros
Other work colleagues were great and very supportive!
Cons
Toxic environmenmt
HollisWealth was a incredible company to work for when ownership was still under Scotiabank. Since the conversion last year to Industrial Alliance Securities, several good people have left the firm due to frustration and poor management at the executive level. They have brought in a new COO, however he does not fully understand the essence of the business since conversion and is not willing to make changes to his mandate. Unfortunately, the once energetic and fun culture that made HollisWealth a fun place to work is disintegrating.
It was a good learning with them and team collaborative work. As got a cooperative working environment which motivates a lot.
All the management is really good.
I truly enjoyed working at Hollis Wealth! Helping our advisors grow their insurance business through personalized training sessions, organizing professional business development days, working closely with our Insurance consultants across Canada.
I am a Financial Planner back home. And here at Hollis Wealth I am learning and exploring how Financial Planning is done in Canada. I am really enjoying it as the best part is I am doing what interests me.
Fun role, opportunity to utilize learning from finance major. Allows you to practice skills developed through university and use them everyday. Excellent place to work.
Good place to work but could still has room to grow. Since been taken over by a large insurance firm, the back office issues still need to be resolved on a more timely basis. Other than that, back office staff are friendly and helpful.
Compensation was poor. Was lied to in my initial offer when joining the firm. There was a reluctance to help me financially with the advanced education that was required for my job. No benefits, no RRSP matching. Long work hours and expected to work past the allotted time.
HollisWealth deserves at most 1 star.

Offices seem unprofessional and unethical, to say least.

Really, like others say, 21st century used car salespeople.

No reason to work there really, unless you have no place to work.

No benefits, little crumb for compensation, no paid time-off.

Supervisor's do not care nor value you. You are dust under a rug.

Why work here when you could work at Walmart for a little less?
Pros
Cons
Many
If you're looking for a Straight out of High School Frienemies cool kids clique, where gossip is king and everyone is superficial and materialistic then this is the workplace for you.

If you enjoy lack of direction from management and zero feedback on job performance, then you have found your dream job!

They will even nickel and dime you on your pay, sneak up on you at your desk while you are working, and make you feel like an outcast and not part of the team.
Pros
Cons
0 Leadership, mngmt does not communicate to employees, emplolyee personal info is not kept confidential, 0 feed back on Job performance
I was a summer intern for a portfolio manager at Holliswealth.
My project for the summer was to create a system that analyses companies based on my boss's requirements that could be updated quarterly. Work place was very professional. colleagues were friendly, easy to approach and willing to help, so my typical day would include mostly problem solving, working closely with my boss and learning from my colleagues.
Pros
Experience achieved in my field of study
Cons
Low wage because its an internship