Hollister Co Employee Reviews

Found 100 reviews matching the search See all 4,062 reviews
Nice store with poor pay/benefits and poor management.
Brand Representative Lead (Lead Associate) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 January 2019
A typical day at work would be clocking in and placing your belongings at the lockers on the office area, being allocated in a section of the store by an assistant manager/key holder. Greet and help customers, do size checks, process transactions at cash, update the store and organize/fold stuff are the activities on a shift.
Training was horrible, having to figure out most stuff on your own. Assistant managers and key holders are friendly and outgoing with associates. General manager and District manager are horrible people full of themselves to the point of not even saying hi or bye to other associates. The pay is also horrible, making the store hire bad people because the good ones go to other better-paying stores. The good part is the employee discount and experience of dealing with customers!
Pros
Clothing Discount, Chill Environment.
Cons
Management, Training, Pay/Salary, Benefits
Really fun environment; really bad hours
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2019
The general vibe at Hollister is really fun and laid back. Co-workers are really kind and engaging, management is supportive, hardworking, and kind. The employee discount is not really significant but it's enough to encourage us to shop! The only thing I did not like was that we'd get scheduled shifts 'on-call' and would not get reporting pay. This means we were expected to put our lives on hold for the POTENTIAL of work. Another thing I didn't like is that shifts were always only 4 hours. It's really hard to budget and live if you work only 4 hours a day and have on-call shifts half the time.
Pros
Fun, laid back, relaxing, first look at trends and new products
Cons
Not nearly enough hours, 'on-call' hours
Reliable work place with opportunities to advance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2018
Many opportunities to advance throughout the work place, however the hours and shifts are less than ideal. Management is good and there is lots to learn.
Fun Retail Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 October 2018
Was there for a year, had decent shifts considering its mall hours.. once management changed over my shifts started to decrease, so there was favoritism.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
little shifts
Fun Job Culture
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 August 2018
Flexible hours and helpful coworkers. Perfect place to work as a student, whether it being high school or post-secondary. Very repetitive work, but it is not too difficult
Pros
good job culture
Cons
don't get many hours
great place to work if interested in retail management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Great place to work.
Offer you MIT program if they see potential in you as a manager.
Great benefits, incentives, and vacation time.
Nice team to work with.
Pros
good brand reputation, great benefits
Cons
late hours, only day closed is christmas
Fun work environment
New Car Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 July 2018
I have not worked at Hollister for years so I'm not sure what has changed or not, but I was pregnant at the time and they were very good to me during my time spent there.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Pay wasn't great
Great
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON29 January 2019
I loved my managers and fellow workmates. I still keep in touch with many of the people that I have worked with at Hollister and have learned a lot from my time there.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
mostly part time
Great Place to work at
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  North York, ON9 July 2018
the job has many incredible employees although the number of hours given per week is very minimal.

Management is also filled with many nice people

Company is very neat and organized

Easy to trade or give up shifts
Pros
co-workers
Cons
short, very little hours given per week
Typical retail job
merchandising and overall customer satisfaction (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2018
Maintained order in room, ensured cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
Helped maintain change rooms and also get sizes for customers. Worked cash register.
Pros
people
Cons
boring
Sales Associate at Hollister
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 January 2019
• Greeted customers and encouraged them to enter the store
• Attentively assisted customers them with questions or concerns
• Folded and organized clothing
• Devised a time effective system while working at the change rooms
Laid-back, customer focused environment
Clothing Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
Hollister provides a very laid-back environment. The company has become more customer focused and less focused on store presentation over time. Management changes often, making work habits less consistent. Hollister is very flexible with availability making it very easy to go to school and work at the same time.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Part-time only
Fun and well fun
Brand representative at Hollister (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2018
A typical day in Hollister would consist mainly of folding down clothes and managing the register. I learnt a lot about handling customers and minimizing loss of assets (preventing theft). The management is very effective and helpful. The workplace culture is accepting and diverse. The hardest part of the job is the constant folding especially on holidays. The most enjoyable part is meeting new and very cool customers that sometimes brighten your day.
Pros
Nice staff, Great employee discount
Cons
very few shifts
workplace culture
Brand representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2018
not much growth unless you're willing to relocate
managers love to micro manage and definitely favour people
all associates and managers are very drama invested at work
Productive and a fun environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 September 2018
Learned a lot and the staff is always friendly and helpful, not just with the other employees but to the clients as well.
The system of how the store runs is pretty simples to understand and it does not felt like working anyday at this job.
first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 May 2018
Seeing as Hollister was my first job ever, I was extremely excited to start. only to find out they only hired me because I fit the "beachy blonde hair, tall, skinny" girl look they were looking for. they obviously didn't hire me because of my retail experience seeing as I didn't have any. that being said I worked there on and off for two years. it was a good start as a foot in the door for retail experience.
A fun place to work, amazing team members and customers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
I enjoyed working at Hollister Co because the interactions with customers and team members are so dynamic, making me motivated to go to work while I was working there.
Holiday worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 June 2018
Flexible hours, easy job, low demands. Worked here for the holidays and got hired back afterwards. Coworkers are nice and managers are all young people.
I didn't like it at all
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2018
I hated it. I was verbally abused and it was not an enjoyable place to work. Management was unfair with the scheduling, I was getting 4 hours every 2 weeks which is impossibly to live off of with minimum wage. Management was demeaning and I felt so inferior with my abilities and skills.
Fun work environment with good co workers
Brand representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2018
A nice, laid back work environment with a fun staff. I learned how to handle customers, how to keep calm and professional in difficult situations and how to enjoy myself while working. It is hard dealing with rude customers but with the help of management it becomes easier and it is not so bad after awhile.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not enough work hours given

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hollister Co. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K