Holland Christian Homes Employee Reviews

negative environment
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2019
Staff are neglected and left to fend for themselves, inadequate training provided and complete disorganization within the management team. Human resource department is run by highly insulting and negative individuals.
short of staff
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2018
just clinical experience.
medication administration
learned new things
oxygen administration
admitting and discharging of new patient
injections
health teaching
Productive and Team orientated place
Personal Support Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2018
This workplace is more of a home setting to provide care for tenants who are getting ill with age and are unsafe to be left alone. Daily duties include bathing, dressing, preparing meals, administering medications, assisting to handle emergencies, have a work phone to communicate with the department and all of the facility. Positive and friendly environment to work in, they do not focus only on the physical health but also their mental and emotional well being of staff and tenants/residents. The hardest part of the job was seeing someone in pain as I can be empathetic as I understand there pain and frustration. The most enjoyable part of the day is communicating with the amazing staff and tenants.
Its a good place to work on.
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 June 2018
I am currently working as food service worker at Holland Christian Homes. It's a very good and reputed place in city. But I am looking for better opportunity.
Enagaging work place
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 May 2018
Good place to learn new skill as a nursing student. Staff "Not paid enough for the hardwork put in - not for all teams, communication about what is happening in the org from upper management down
Great environment
Program Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2017
Holland Christian Homes is very good environment to work. I learned a lot working there as a summer student. The job has further helped to perform better at other jobs. Also prepared me towards a great career.
Pros
lunch events
Cons
hours
comfortable environment.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 August 2017
A good place to work where the managerial team isn't breathing down your backs. They expect the staff to act in a mature and responsible way. Because of that , the staff's behavior is that of a mature individual and not some one that is there for just a pay cheque.
Pros
lots of shifts
Cons
bad attitude from some staff
work place is challenging but overall good.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 June 2017
Productive and fun multicultural workplace with different jobs available with flexible hours. challenging but overall good work place. Helping others
Pros
the flexibility.
Cons
unfairness.
Holland Christian Homes - PSW review
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 April 2017
Very busy schedule due to staff shortage and cuts backs, thus, there is an increased workload for current staff.

Work Culture - is okay, at times it can be difficult to approach the nurses about a problem because everyone knows each other so sometimes you don't get the help and support you need.

Overall, the staff you work with make the difference between a good and bad work day.
Cons
not enough staff support, not enough supplies, no paid breaks, not able to take break
productive
Agency Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 November 2016
Work environment is healthy. The staff are hard workers. I love going there to work because it is a supportive environment. Patients and family are very good.
Productive and Fun
RPN (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 July 2016
A typical day is working with seniors to care for thier personal, medical, and end of life needs.
I have learned a lot about working with geriactric patients
the hardest part of my job is when I can not do something that a resident or staff asks me to do.
interesting experience
Personal Support Worker (Placement) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2016
a typical day at work may include being hit by a confused client, and getting the back wind of another PSWs bad day, it may also include building valuable client relationships, and learning new skills.
Pros
an invalueable learning tool
Cons
work place drama
wide range of experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 July 2014
The most enjoyable part was feeding the elderly and taking them outside. All my co-workers were extremely nice and I learned how to mange tasks better from them.
Pros
flexible hours
fun place to work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brampton13 June 2014
Positive work environment to learn and grow. management supports education improvement
Pros
friendly DOC
Cons
travling time
All around positive experience
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 June 2014
Great team and working environment, however I do not wish to provide any further review at this time. Thank you.
Good place to work at
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 April 2014
I did my first year placement at Holland Christian Homes at the long Term Care facility, it was nice, I was able to see how programs were run, I also had a chance to run programs myself, did my first special event it turned out well, had about 7-10 residents who attended, my special event was about 4 different countries, talked about each country little fun facts and more.
Fun workplace with plenty of stories from colleagues and sharing ideas
Registered Practical Nurse. (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2013
Get report, do counts on Narcotics, do rounds,organize your work, Start with the routines.
Pros
Free barbecues, parties
Cons
family challenges
excellent opportunity to use all of your skills in SSW field
RSSW-GER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 August 2013
an opportunity to work with seniors in a caring atmosphere ... lots of opportunities to work at all levels - with residents/families/staff/management ... a great opportunity to make a difference in people's lives
Pros
no one looking over your head all of the time - freedom to prioritize and do your own work
Cons
poor communication amongst team members at times
excels in all areas
Towers Nursing Office/ Faith Manor- Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Holland, ON14 July 2013
Great team work. Missions and Values maintained and followed.
Fruitful place to work and learn at
RPN (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2012
Saturdays can be very interesting because I get to learn many kinds of different things as a Volunteer. I learned how to give Medication to a certain patient. The whole home is maintained nicely, decent space, co-workers are cooperative and many more. Sometimes residents refuse to eat, take medicine, to walk etc which gets me a little head ache but it's OK with me because I like to convince them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to play with certain equipment or toys with the residents. They enjoy as well.
Pros
respectful workers