Holland Christian Homes

Holland Christian Homes Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews

placetimegoodworkjobresidentmanagementgreat

I loved it

When I worked there I was brought on as a housekeeper and I loved it on my floor we were like family They built the new building and everything was fresh and new and everything seemed to just flow

Poor management

Not the worse place to work overall but there are many cons.. 1. The management changes every few months and the management seems to get worse everytime there is a new hire.2. They prioritize agency workers over veteran employees.3. No respect from other staff, you are seen only as a cleaner nothing else.4. Goes through employees so much you can't even remember everyone's names.5. Covid outbreaks were an absolute mess and never any logic to the rules or regulations the home made up.6. Definitely favoritism for certain employees.7. Any issues or concerns aren't taken seriously by management or other hire ups.8. Overly strict rules when it comes to cleaning procedures and they rely on if you wiped a spot off a towel rod rather than if the jobs were done to the best of your ability and following safety regulations.9. You weren't allowed to speak to residents more than a simple hello or you were told you were not doing your job, this happened many times as I was told by management my job was to clean and not to socialize. 10. Most of the other staff members would put random jobs onto you so they didn't have to do them even if you did not have the qualifications to do the jobs. 11. One word, Gossipers.

Pros

Set schedules.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect, no room for growth, FAVORITISM for certain employees especially agency staff over veteran employees..

Insights into Holland Christian Homes

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place for getting volunteer experience

I found this place a good time to spend my summer, as talking and spending time with seniors is very fun. They have many stories to tell you and being there for them is all they really need. As a volunteer, I fed residents and wheeled them from place to place. Overall, a great experience.

Big company

Some professional co workers are helpful. Most are crocodile with crab mentality. No permanent advancement due to competition and insecurities of co wirkers.

Productive, fun place to be

Productive, fun place to work. Excellent management and fun loving people to work with. I am so grateful to work at auch a wonderful, caring fun loving long term care facility. Holland Christian Homes feel like an extended family to me. I appreciate Holland Christian Homes family.

Pros

Pay, insurance, health and wellness aid, benefits and incentives

Cons

No comfortable lunchrooms for HS staff, no insurance for part time staff.

nice and comfortable environment

Everyone is kind and helpful. They all work together to provide the best resistance care. Environment is very comfortable to work with and many different activities for resistance to enjoy.

relaxed workplace

I loved coming to work in the evenings. I loved spending time with residents. learned a lot. learned how to use hoyer lifts. also very relaxing place.

review

i would highly recommend to work at hch, staff and management are very nice and friendly. only reason as to why i left this place is because i moved north and i wouldn't be able to stay

Its an absolute beautiful place to work.

I've been working there from 2016 to now. As in any work environment you will find staff that's helpful and staff that's a bit in their own world. But if you go in with and attitude of work you will be ok. In my experience, management dose manage. As much as the staff may not like some of the changes that is being made, it's business. You just have to follow the rules and you don't have to worry.

negative environment

Staff are neglected and left to fend for themselves, inadequate training provided and complete disorganization within the management team. Human resource department is run by highly insulting and negative individuals.

review

Working at Holland Christian Homes has directed me on my path to becoming a nurse. The hardest part of the job is managing more than one resident at a time. It can be difficult at times to manage. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with the residents and take part in the daily activities that go on everyday.

short of staff

just clinical experience. medication administration learned new things oxygen administration admitting and discharging of new patient injections health teaching

Productive and Team orientated place

This workplace is more of a home setting to provide care for tenants who are getting ill with age and are unsafe to be left alone. Daily duties include bathing, dressing, preparing meals, administering medications, assisting to handle emergencies, have a work phone to communicate with the department and all of the facility. Positive and friendly environment to work in, they do not focus only on the physical health but also their mental and emotional well being of staff and tenants/residents. The hardest part of the job was seeing someone in pain as I can be empathetic as I understand there pain and frustration. The most enjoyable part of the day is communicating with the amazing staff and tenants.

Its a good place to work on.

I am currently working as food service worker at Holland Christian Homes. It's a very good and reputed place in city. But I am looking for better opportunity.

Enagaging work place

Good place to learn new skill as a nursing student. Staff "Not paid enough for the hardwork put in - not for all teams, communication about what is happening in the org from upper management down

Great environment

Holland Christian Homes is very good environment to work. I learned a lot working there as a summer student. The job has further helped to perform better at other jobs. Also prepared me towards a great career.

Pros

lunch events

Cons

hours

comfortable environment.

A good place to work where the managerial team isn't breathing down your backs. They expect the staff to act in a mature and responsible way. Because of that , the staff's behavior is that of a mature individual and not some one that is there for just a pay cheque.

Pros

lots of shifts

Cons

bad attitude from some staff

work place is challenging but overall good.

Productive and fun multicultural workplace with different jobs available with flexible hours. challenging but overall good work place. Helping others

Pros

the flexibility.

Cons

unfairness.

I like working at Holland Christian Home as it is a clean and friendly environment.

This nursing home provided me with more experience, I have learned a lot from my coworkers and management, It contains a very hygienic and clean dining area. The only downside is that I did not receive enough work hours.

Pros

good environment, great management, friendly employees, good employee benefits.

Cons

short hours.

Holland Christian Homes - PSW review

Very busy schedule due to staff shortage and cuts backs, thus, there is an increased workload for current staff. Work Culture - is okay, at times it can be difficult to approach the nurses about a problem because everyone knows each other so sometimes you don't get the help and support you need. Overall, the staff you work with make the difference between a good and bad work day.

Cons

not enough staff support, not enough supplies, no paid breaks, not able to take break

productive

Work environment is healthy. The staff are hard workers. I love going there to work because it is a supportive environment. Patients and family are very good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland Christian Homes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement