Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital

3.7Pay & benefits

Insights into Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Awesome place!

Great place to work!. Awesome co-workers and management as well. I really enjoyed my time there, started on a short contract and another opportunity came up there but other circumstances got in the way so I had to leave.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Can't think of any

Oppurtunity to meet new individuals everyday

Typical warm-ups and coaching, it's a great experience. You get to learn many things about leadership and teamwork. This program provides you with many resources and benefits.

Pros

Community Hours

Holland Bloorview Review

Holland Bloorview is a great place to work. They have an amazing pool environment that is well maintained and has state of the art technology. Helping kids with disabilities everyday was a rewarding experience and was the best part of coming into work everyday. Holland Bloorview should look into increasing their compensation as their is a lot of training and specialized teaching involved with this position

Pros

Great working environment

In serious need of improvement

The best part of the day was definitely the clients and their families and the feeling that you had made a difference in someone's life. Front line staff are extremely dedicated and knowledgeable -- they stay because of their dedication in spite of ridiculous and backwards management style. Upper management in particular needs to give their collective heads a shake. They would like to see this organization run like an assembly-line factory without realizing that these are people that we are dealing with, not products. There are many practices that are not client-centred at all and which are intended to push as many people through as possible without consideration for the quality of work. In the last year that I was there I saw many staff quit in frustration or who were fired for not toeing the party line. Abysmal HR department that does nothing to support staff. Salary is not in line with other hospitals. Extremely poor morale -- I left in part because I couldn't stand to listen to all the complaining about the toxic work environment. To call this one of GTA's "top" employers is a joke.

Pros

unique and challenging client population

Cons

poor management, lack of staff recognition, terrible cafeteria food, dark minuscule gym, new staff need to park in offsite lot and walk 10 min.

Iliked the fact that you usually had a veriety of jobs to do plus you would get different thigs to take care of you never knew what you might be fixin

It thought it was overall a purity good place to work for. the nice thing was you had a opportunity to learn a variety of things plumbing repairs or electrical repairs or carpentry work

Pros

exelent benefits

Cons

shift work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3