Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital

Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Overall great place to work. The senior staff really care about the wellbeing of the part-time staff. There is always a staff member ready and willing to support you along the way.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
parking
This is a small day care located at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. Most of the work colleagues are hard working individuals who have worked here for a longer period of time, in order to ensure financial stability. Despite of that, Kindercircle Day Care is a hostile and toxic work environment for a certain reason which I cannot specify furthermore. However, given the following information I hope you can puzzle this certain justification. Your mental health and well-being is more worthy than this place and you do not want to jeopardize it here otherwise. Calling in sick, requesting time off and vocation is a hassle NO MATTER what the circumstance is, period. Your voice and competence as a working individual is always insufficient; meaning what you say or do with confidence means absolutely NOTHING. Working with children in general is already an exhausting job as it is. Honour my advice and experience at your own glory hands because being in an environment like this is NOT WORTH anyone’s time and more importantly energy. Please take your time and seek elsewhere where you will be truthfully appreciated and valued as an employee. All the best!
Pros
Demographic
Cons
Toxic work environment, paid parking.
Everyone was incredibly friendly and dedicated to their work. The clients and their families always came first when making executive decisions. I really enjoyed volunteering here as I felt a strong sense of community membership.
Great for the kids, good programs and support for clients and families. Great inpatient team of nurses, great support for continuing education. Flexible schedule
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
Flexible hours
This program purpose how to skill life and how to basic learn money budge. also opportunity has disability it better job. Summer Camp at Holland Bloorview have action include Technology Information (IT), Skill Life, and other.
The culture at Holland Bloorview is second to none!! The kindness of staff is second to none. Everyone I have met at Holland Bloorview is genuinely happy to be working there. Awesome group!!
State of the art facility. Compassionate, professional, educated and dedicated staff and management. The building itself and location are spectacular. Would highly, highly recommend Holland Bloorview as a workplace, and patient care provider.
Great place to work!. Awesome co-workers and management as well. I really enjoyed my time there, started on a short contract and another opportunity came up there but other circumstances got in the way so I had to leave.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
As a dental hygiene student, I had the chance to shadow and assist in the dental department of Holland-Bloorview. We provided dental services with children with mental and/or physical disabilities as well as adults that worked in the hospital. A typical day at the clinic included a huddle in the morning, providing scheduled appointments, observing surgeries, and retrieving patient paper files. The hardest part of the job was to provide services to the patients without causing any harm, as some would have violent or aggressive movements. The most enjoyable part of the job was being to help in any way to improve the oral health of the patients.
I worked here and I absolutely loved it. The general environment is lively and very welcoming. The job itself was veryy insightful and I was privileged to be included in the growth of the institution. I definitely recommend it!!
Pros
Networking Opportunities
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working here with every staff member. Everyone was friendly, encouraging, supportive and really really helpful. I felt like this was a big family. I learned a lot working here. I had a change of perspective on many things in life. The management was friendly, understanding and amazing. The workplace culture was one of acceptance, regardless of where you come from or who you are. I enjoyed interacting with some of the doctors and also some of the children there. They also have celebrations for every form of festival, from Pride, to Caribbana, the list goes on. Lots of free food too during the festivals!
Pros
free food, happiness, peaceful, stress-free, lots of supportive staff
Cons
cannot think of any
Every aspect of HBKRH is client focused which is a wonderful way to run the hospital. From Foundation right down to individual program instructors and volunteers every person is valued and encouraged to do their best work.
The overall culture is good and most people who are not on the senior leadership team are great. Some of the leaders however engage in politics and obfuscation such that it is difficult at times to know what they want or how they feel. It is toxic to many who like clear and concise leadership.
Typical warm-ups and coaching, it's a great experience. You get to learn many things about leadership and teamwork. This program provides you with many resources and benefits.
Pros
Community Hours
- interact with children, co-workers, OT, PT, teachers, physicians, and parents. - Learned how to properly care and assist children with their rehabilitation process - A typical day includes starting the day off with reports, checking on patients, preparing medication, waking children up and getting them ready for school, changing wound dressing, showers, etc.
Never have been in a placement that I loved more, staff and volunteers were eager to help me learn and assisted and taught me the skills needed to be successful In my position there,
Being a former patient at Bloorview made working at the hospital all the more rewarding. I feel like I made a difference by relating to the in-patients because I had been there before.
Pros
Meet amazing kids
- an added effort to hire people with disabilities and the employees are always willing to help one another throughout the day - workwear is casual everyday
They have incredible resources that provide the students with everything they need. And the support from the teachers and therapists make for a positive environment.
I had an amazing time volunteering at the hospital. I was able to learn so much from all the children who I was able to assist and help. I would definitely recommend this for anybody.
Pros
Amazing experiences
You need to have experience in the Health profession and a attitude to wanting to help people. It is a great place to work, and helping less fortunate people.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
Not easy to get permanency.