Holiday Inn
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 783 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,579 reviews

Fast Paced and Entertaining

I love working in the service industry. Holiday inn gave me the opportunity to try out many different roles. Management changed a few times while I was working and this created many challenges. Loves my co-workers though.

Pros

Benefits, hours

Cons

Split shifts, stressful

Productive and fun

Productive and fun place of work. It’s a challenge to retain and find staff in this small town though. It’s a family owned business and the owners are very nice people.

Pros

Free meals and staff accommodation

Cons

High turn over

Room to grow

Good place to get experience on your resume. They teach you in different departments but there is a lot of politics.

Pros

Can grow with the company

Cons

To much politics

Shuttle driver

I had to drive customers to and from the airport and pick them upFriendly atmosphereWorking with other people Getting to know your coworkers running errands for the managers

Pros

Very friendly

Cons

You have to pay for your lunches

parfait

journée de travail typiquedirection est bonculture du lieu de travail

At first, it was very stressful, too much too do for one person I mean too much rooms too clean for one person. Food was okay.

It was stressful to be honest and a lot of pressure too finished your rooms. Too much too do for one person! Except for that everything, was good. It was a good experience after all.

Good

A place to learn and enjoy in Hospitality.

It was fun working for Holiday Inn. My entire team was very cooperative and the manager was always there to teach and help us willingly.

Pros

One free meal and two drinks in one shift

Cons

awkward late night shifts

Great learning experience when building resume in career

I really enjoyed my time spent working at the Holiday Inn; friendly staff and helpful management; co- workers were all great . Awesome company to work for!

Pros

Benefits, job promotion

Cons

Distance ie. too far from my home

Great coworkers, poor management

Seems fun at first, but the more you get into it, you realize the manager cares more about what movie she’s watching on her iPad and what skipthedishes order to place constantly…. Uncomfortable work environment once fire evacuees took over the hotel. We were prepared or ready to handle this type of thing… it was and still is bad- good luck

Pros

Cool coworkers

Cons

Unprofessional Manager

Need job to be done on time. Great work with co- workers, the bossess are all nice, the best thing is you have free lunch there and unlimited coffee too.

Pros

Lunch are free, so as unlimited coffee

Cons

They rush the work, not an 8 hour job

Pathetic location

Unless you stuck your head far up managements butt there’s no respect. They did care for you safety you never got help when you did get busy. You’re expected to watch the restaurant and bar ALONE (it’s a downtown location with TWO entrance) AND do room service. Oh and take no breaks. And when you did ask some one to watch the restaurant for a break it was a big deal. If you were one of the favorites you were allowed to do whatever you want and those of us who actually worked for nagged at basically to pick up for the other peoples slack.

Pros

Leaving

Cons

Everything. I’m embarrassed of this place.

Toxic management

It is a great place to learn for beginner or starting working in hotels. Staying there too long will probably just cause some nasty drama for you. The managers really thrived on having power over lower employees and causing unnecessary drama between the staff. Funny thing is none of them are educated. The managers just got there jobs because of luck. Overall the benefits and some co workers were super enjoyable to see every day! There was alot of good memories still. Even though the work place was quite toxic. There’s alot of never dull moments when you work in hotels!

Pros

Some co workers are like family, benefits, overall work..

Cons

Trashy managers, toxic environment, unnecessary drama

Some Untrustworthy People

Unless you want stress workplace this is a place for you.I would not recommend this work place with this manage.Under paid staff to list of some issue and plus no job security they will say something and all of the sudden it will be change.

Pros

Cons

Lot's to say

Good management , healthy work environment

Good place to work. Timing is little odd.good work environment.late shifts.free food and you can use other services. Very understanding management staff .

Pros

Free food

si comentario

me encata mi trabajo en holiday inn y espero regresar pronto

Immediate Manager is an old school miserable person

Doing the daily tasks in guest rooms were straight forward and mostly easy, but dealing with my Maintenance Manager was very stressful. I became stressed thinking about coming to work due to never knowing how my immediate Manager was going to be that day ie the mood he was in etc, plus the worker I worked with the majority of the time & trained under mostly had an ok attitude and he helped me alot but whenever I'd forget a tools name or how to do a certain step in repairing a heat pump etc he'd get snarky which was annoying

Pros

Great staff other than my dept(maintenance)

Cons

Immediate Manager was moody and miserable

Traumatic place for me

I had the greatest work experience with some great people. At the same time, the place taught me not to trust so easily. It scares me until this days.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Mishandling Serious problems

Stay clear

Stay clear. Unorganized management team.Bad work culture.The town is dead.The weather is not that great. But we had to lie to snowbirds. Double book and bump customers in the summer.Gross hotel that is falling apart.

Great Housekeeping Manager and Friendly Coworkers

Housekeeping manager is very kind and very supportive. Cares about you as a person and friend before a worker. Cares about your home life and family, celebrates birthdays and makes every workday fun. Is leisurely when asked for time off. Will help you get the work done. Great boss, only hires great people. Worked with them for over a year. I quit when I went to college. Cant say enough about this place

Pros

Caring Manager, not long workdays, pays higher than minimum wage

Cons

Customers can make a real mess, rarely tipped for hard work

Great environment!

I loved working at the Holiday Inn! Unfortunately, due to Covid 19 restrictions, I am unable to do my job at the moment. Fantastic and caring management, exegetical work environment

Cons

Some Saturday or evening appointments on occasion.

A funn place ro work

Very busy when it was busy made the days fly by everyone gets along . The management is very nice. Co-workers r nice as well. Lots of hours before xocid hit now it slowed down .

Pros

Discounyed rooms free swims and wirk outs

Cons

Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

6.1K