Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Job Summary
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON9 August 2018
Responsible for overall operation of F&B Department. Budgeting, scheduling, brand standards, menu design, promotions, and advertising. Authoring training programs and implementation of same.
Doing more with less these days
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 August 2018
Independently owned hotels in Alberta are doing more with less these days. A flattening structure and reduction in front line personnel means that middle management takes over the roles of the agents, housekeepers and servers for a large part of the day, requiring a lot of extra effort and overtime for the managers.
Pros
Great Brand to work with
Cons
Stretched thin
Average work place
Building Technician/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 July 2018
Decent for entry level skills, there are good people to work with. No day is the same.

More attention needs to be paid to the workers, specifically regarding feedback
Pros
Easy Commute
Cons
No structure
Never had a worse job
Banquet Porter (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 July 2018
Was hired as temp help for christmas, was bad from day one, snobby co workers, was basically 2 managers of my dept, one was ok and gave occasional praise, the other was a miserable SOB who constantly berated me and criticized my work, would often work till 2 AM cleaning up after events, couldn't leave until everything was finished so if there were slow workers I couldn't get out. It was the most soul crushing place I've ever worked, no support, no flexibility(I was in school at the time) and their management has no idea how to run anything properly.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, worse management
valuable work experience
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS12 July 2018
working with the holiday inn was an amazing experience, i gained a lot of great skills as this was my first job and management was good with being flexible on my hours just coming out of school if i could work here again i would go for it
Pros
good food
Cons
there is none
Great place to be
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 July 2018
I enjoy working wherever and whatever job condition is. I am good fit to any situation or environment. I have learnt a lot by working at Holiday inn burlington.
Pros
free meals, stat holidays
Cons
Housekeeping has poor working conditions
guest (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 July 2018
i stayed at the holiday inn in oakville over the canada day weekend and i was absolutely disgusted by how poor this holiday inn was
i seen housekeeping workers on every floor and those poor people were working without air conditioning im talking about it was probably close to 40 degrees in those hallways!!!
poor people forced too work holiday in that crazy heat im surprised they didnt all quit since they were sweating so much, holiday inn is trying to make there employees sick!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
give some slack to your employees in these heatwaves!!
Amazing organizational culture, could do better at work/life balance
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Canada26 June 2018
Amazing place to work with great people. All employees are empowered to make guests happy. Management may sometimes overwork employees and not schedule fairly.Overtime pay is not always guaranteed unfortunately.
Pros
Free lunch for non unionized employees, special events, great work culture
Cons
overtime pay not guaranteed, long hours, picky guests
A typical work day
Breakfast Bar Attendant/ Server (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 June 2018
A typical work day would be serving and cleaning in the breakfast area. Helping out the manager with day to day tasks. You really learn how to cooperate and work with each other.
Managment
Front Desk Agent and Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB16 June 2018
Manager is all over the place, never on the same page. I work in housekeeping and front desk and was always double booked because the house keeping manager and front desk manager would not communicate with each other when making the schedule. Makes for a very frustrating time during scheduling week for me.
Pros
Good benefits and hours
Cons
The management
Relaxed environment, get away with anything
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 June 2018
The place is an older building and it's in relative disrepair behind the scenes.

This is not really a problem as long as you're not applying for a maintainance position.

Management doesn't care what you do, as long as you get your job done. This becomes more relevant as time goes on and they get to know you, super relaxed.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Nobody cares about anything
Worked there breifly
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2018
Management was a little "micromanagement" but it had a great culture and benefits. Great entry level position to get your feet wet in the hotel or hospitality industry.
Excellent place to work
Laundry Department (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 May 2018
Was an excellent place to work for. Sorted laundry and linens each shift work. Co-workers were easy to work with and take direction from each on shift.
it was worst job ever
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON16 May 2018
they were rude and didn't care about people.
they would constantly change scheduling last minute and book you on days you booked off. and then fired me for it.
Great staff and management
Housekeeper and Laundry attendant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2018
work day 9-5:30, management were awesome in all departments.
Everyone from front desk to housekeeping great team players. When needed front desk help with housekeepers to clean rooms when super busy.
The best part of the job always having management tell all staff they are doing an awesome job. End of busy summer season we would a potluck pool party with staff and their family.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
long hours on week ends
Holiday inn
Front Desk Supervisor/ Part Time (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
good Company to work with. maintain standards, Provide good training, work with opera and excellent progression opportunities Senior management is Knowledgeable and supports you well.
Fun work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Slave1 May 2018
Great place to work , GM is the best for trainings and help
I loved working here always moved coz I got new opportunities.
I would not have if I could .
Pros
Trainings
House keeping holiday inn
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 April 2018
I worked in housekeeping for 8 months at the holiday inn express thunder bay, it is hard work and they will tell you if you are working too slow, or not doing a good job, but they will continuously let you prove yourself, if your trying your hardest they will understand. They were also very understanding of personal issues since I was in University while working there if I needed more time off to study they were very accommodating.
Not a bad place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 April 2018
The company paid 95% of my rent because they moved me out To Alberta, great company really nice
People but it was hard to have a life when you would work 830-5 or 6 then come back an hour later for night rooms
good pay but poor work culture
Hotel maintence (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
general maintenace including all aspects of building maintenace ,work orders ,guest calls ,hedge trimming ,plumbing including dealing with a very old piping system needing constant attention especially leaks causing flooding ..
Pros
great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K