Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Canada745 reviews
Nice place
Friendly empolyees
Good management compared to other places i worked.

Most days got full hrs in

Not stressed and working there you get to meet many people travelling.
work long hours for little pay
I worked at the Holiday Inn for almost 5 years. The opportunity for advancement is really low unless you're "buddies" with a member of management.

Favoritism abounds. The hard workers aren't treated well, but the ones who always call in or don't even bother to show up for their shift are given pats on the back My boss did nothing but harass me although I was one of the top housekeepers there. I left due to her harassment and was able to prove it.

Not a nice place to work at all. And I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
A dynamic hotel on the airport strip in Toronto!
A fast paced environment in both sales and other departments at the hotel with 451 guestrooms, full service restaurant, indoor swimming pool and over 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space to serve an array of clients, both domestic and international.
Pleasant
Good day spent with workers.
Decent hours.

Like the perks that they gave for up-coming events.

Very flexible and adaptable with the timely manner of unexpected work days.
Great Place to Work
Holiday Inn has been great to work at, the employees all get along amongst each each other. Management is the best part, they strive to solve problems in a timely, but meaningful manner. There is always 1 manager on duty at the hotel during the day, they are very easy to talk to and they are very understanding if you ever happen to have an emergency. The benefits are nice, and the wage is fair.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Not Sure
good place to work
- fun place to work
- management is not the best

- everyone is friendly

- can be very tiring and physical demanding

- not recognized often for job well done
It is a good place to work in
I enjoyed working there. Friendly co workers and lovely HR. I will recommend someone to work there and I will love to work there again. It was fun working there
Great place to work.
Fast pace and stimulating work environment. Great staff and management team. Fun perks. Great health plan, advance training offered.. Travel discounts offered. use of the facility.
Good
Good place to work, great co-worker and we'll organized, well management,...,great ambiance.........,multi culture and family oriented, really great place to work
Wasn't good but wasn't bad either
I didn't have much of a chance with this company but did enjoy helping them put the room together before they open after that they didn't need me. Don't take my word for it go apply and work for them may be your dream job that just what happen to me didn't slow me down.
Harcèlement psychologique
La direction encourage toutes formes de harcèlements puisque les fautifs sont défendus par la direction.
currently no option to move up
everything is good, I hadn't had any opportunity to move up at the time i left.I liked their culture and friendly staff. if i have another chance and suitable position i will go back
Was awesome working on this place
It's good perfect work schedule it term on my other job was awesome working to this company.i will recomend to work hear if you just want part time very nice company
Not terrible
Typical large corporation, high expectations...really hard to earn a raise. The staff are really friendly though! The work is hard and very fast paced. The pay is not near enough for what is expected!
Productive and nice place
It is a good environment, where the point is to give good attention to the client who is satisfied with the treatment from the entrance of the hotel until when he leaves it, leaving a good impression so that in the near future he returns to the hotel
Great
Great place to work at. Very good environment, benefits, and culture. Good management and team. Everyone is very professional and supportive. I enjoyed working there.
Greedy Owner & Unethical General Manager
The owner and general manager of the Holiday Inn & Suites Calgary Airport North on 20 Freeport Place NE, Calgary, is very unethical to say the least. They hire shuttle drivers on minimum wage, make shuttle drivers do housekeeping, security, maintenance and front-desk job and terminate shuttle driver whenever they want to without a proper reason. The owner is a lawyer that's why they think can get away with whatever they do. They schedule everyone on eight hours shift but cut 30 minutes for break! It is kind of stealing money from employees by cutting 30 minutes every shift as they could schedule people on 8.5 hours shift. Not every employee at font office department get paid same hourly wage although everyone is doing same type and amount of job so pay discrimination is visible. They pay on pay check so you have to deposit it manually and they hope that you forget about your pay check so they don't have to pay you because they never call you when your pay check is ready. No uniform is provided for doing the job which is a security threat and no proper training either. During COVID-19 they laid off many people and gave everyone a letter of termination instead of layoff notice so they have no obligation to re hire you! That shows how nasty minded they are who doesn't care at all for their employees. Employment Standard Alberta and Alberta Labour Relation Board should audit this greedy and unethical business owner and manager on a regular basis.
Not a Good Experience
Was hired as First cook ..but always used as. A sous chef ...poorly run hotel....beat thing was sister properties offered discounts which i used fair amount of time.
Lots of stress because poorly run

A two - three star hotel chain..and overall experience sums it up.
Custodian
Cleaning the mall in the newmarket ON and in the location. Lots hard working. Easy the fitness and custodian the hotel. Jobs and Since for 10 years. Permanent the cleaning.
Front Office Agent
Welcomed and registered guests; offered services and room rates
Handled guest check in and checkouts professionally and in a welcoming manner

Kept records of room availability and guests’ accounts

Group Management

Accurately maintaining Guest Profiles in the Property Management System

Balancing of all cash and credit and debit transactions during the shift and completing all the required paperwork for audit purposes
Housekeeping
This job is fast pasted environment and physically demanding. Ability to take 10,000-25,000 steps a shift. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy daily