Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

House keeping holiday inn
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON24 April 2018
I worked in housekeeping for 8 months at the holiday inn express thunder bay, it is hard work and they will tell you if you are working too slow, or not doing a good job, but they will continuously let you prove yourself, if your trying your hardest they will understand. They were also very understanding of personal issues since I was in University while working there if I needed more time off to study they were very accommodating.
good pay but poor work culture
Hotel maintence (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 April 2018
general maintenace including all aspects of building maintenace ,work orders ,guest calls ,hedge trimming ,plumbing including dealing with a very old piping system needing constant attention especially leaks causing flooding ..
Pros
great pay
hard but was good experince
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 April 2018
i was in a program and was hired when it ended i learned how to clean the right way and got a lot af good tips from the other people there the laundry was little hard but i got a hang of it
Pros
well i got hirried after a program cause they liked my work
productive
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan13 April 2018
my first job as a house keeper was great experience. good surroundings. great management. good benefits. nothing was to hard, very simple job......
Hardwork and Fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS9 April 2018
A typical day of work would include cleaning of motel rooms. I learnt how to properly make beds in hospital style. The hardest part of the job is having to lift multiple beds throughout the day by yourself.
Good place to start Career with no previous experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 April 2018
Received lots of experience due to nature of the position and personal interest, had a professional and personal growth, awesome guest services manager who I admire and I am grateful for all the guidance and his working ethic. Disappointed that the rest of management and staff did not posses those qualities. Un-United Management, Useless Union - Local 40
Pros
Great Housekeeping and GSM, Location
Cons
UN-United Management, Hotel's Restaurant/Kitchen
Good
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 April 2018
I was lucky to work for this hotel
it was easy work
The chef was very much hands on and very understanding
your hours are guaranteed
the staff was very freindly
Pros
free
Cons
nice
Staff is great to work with
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB4 April 2018
The executive manager of housekeeping is what makes all the difference. She goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy. And she always makes sure that the hotel is up to par and the guests have the cleanest and most comfortable experience.
Pros
50%off rooms when you stay at the hotel
Cons
Lack of appreciation from the general manager and financial promises that we’re made were not kept
Horrible
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  St.Johns, NL31 March 2018
HORRIBLE, I was hired on for breakfast and evenings, they gave me only one shift a month and then would take that and give it to someone else, I was currently a single mom who needed this job and the hours, I finally decided to go to school in September and when I told them they said that they would be giving me a lot of mornings so I of course had to quit because they weren't very cooperative or supportive. The other workers were extremely rude and think that they were better than everyone else.
Great Learning experience
Full time Intern (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 March 2018
Great learning experience, great staff. Duties were helping front desk, housekeeping, laundry and breakfast attendant. Lots of great guests and opportunities for staff.
Pros
great staff
Cons
standing long
great job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 March 2018
I worked for this company when i was younger for a paid co-op, i got school hours as well as getting paid. it was a great job that i was very involved in. I was house keeping for Holiday Inn
Busy
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 March 2018
This hotel was often under staffed for the amount of work that had to be completed during each shift. There were periods of time during my employment that there was minimal management staff and senior staff members such as myself were required to step up and fill positions without any kind of compensation of relief from other duties.
Always busy
Banquette Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 March 2018
Worked there as a co-op student, was there to gain experience in hospitality. I liked it at first for the company was near my home, however, I soon left this field for hospitality wasn't for me.
Pros
Free lunches
Holiday Inn Burlington
Front Office Manager/ Guest Relations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 March 2018
Holiday inn is a great place to work, IHG hotels implore a certain level of professionalism. Fosters team work and does promote family. And a healthy work life balance.
very customer service oriented workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 March 2018
I love my work as a customer service representative. I love meeting
people.I also work at the Banquet and its fun there is free food
for us after serving.Most of the workers are so nice and helpful.
Pros
Free food if you work at Banquet not at front desk
Enjoyable work environment
Guest Services, Duty Manager/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL8 March 2018
I loved working at the Holiday Inn Deer Lake.
The staff were amazing. I worked a lot of overnights, and had to commute 40 minutes on the TCH from Corner Brook. The drive became too much to handle. Salary was okay, but there were no benefits.
interesting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON5 March 2018
there was a lot of gossip going around. people were taking longer breaks then they should have. cleaning rooms the way they do takes a lot more time then needed
Holiday Inn & Suites
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC WORKER (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON28 February 2018
Working for the Holiday Inn & Suites is a great company to work with. They maintain high standards of work. I have learned more than being a maintenance worker, I have also learned how to file paper work, do daily and monthly inspections, fire regulations and guest relations.
Pros
guest interactions
Cons
unpaid lunches
All time fav Job
Maintenance Mgr (Former Employee) –  325 Dundas Street.27 February 2018
I cannot say enough about this property. The Team was awesome the professionalism was top drawer. 6 departments working as 1. I have never found a place like it since.
Although I will always love Hospitality, Delta London made me realize my passion to be Hospitable.
Pros
staff cafe, Towne Halls, sports.
Good company.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 February 2018
Working at Holiday Inn Express has taught me a lot about diverse customers. I now know how to handle irate customers and amazing time management. it was a pleasure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K