Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Found 621 reviews matching the search See all 14,617 reviews
Fast paced, challenging and fun
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 March 2019
Very fast paced and every shift brings a different set of challenges. Rarely a chance for boredom. It’s fun to be an ambassador for your hometown, to tell tourists about the hidden gems of the city that can’t be found on a web search and you really get to know your regulars. The desk staff are positive and get along great. It’s a Unionized environment so shifting is based on seniority. Management genuinely cares about their staff and tries very hard to accommodate their individual needs. They work alongside their team during peak business hours and are only a text away if a question arises after hours. Company promotes from within. This job is challenging but rewarding. It’s not for everyone. If you enjoy customer service, a fast pace, problem solving, and a wide variety of tasks, this is the place for you.
Productivity increases and the staff is very nice.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 March 2019
The workplace culture is very good. The management is very patient and understanding. It has been a great pleasure for me to be a part of this company.
Where you can be high five in the morning and terminated just after lunch?
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB (DP Murphy Inc)7 March 2019
Holiday Inn (DP Murphy Inc)
Being a New hotel opened since only last July 2018, The hotel is fresh beautiful with vibrant colors from the lobby, hallways to rooms
very inviting, as a guest i'm sure.
As for being an employee if you are part of "the click" you should fair well
if you're not quite possibly just from hear say could possibly get you dismissed?
I've learned a valuable lesson from this experience is no matter how much sacrifice you give to the company you work for.
It can all end without warning.
Pros
Clean New building, Great location
Cons
Lack of communication, Termination without warning
winter is busy
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stellarton, NS7 March 2019
another job where you meet people from all walks of life and from all areas from around the world. Co-workers are great. Hockey season is BUSY. Assistant General Manager is great, very easy to get along with, flexible schedules, she is amazing.
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS6 March 2019
Loved my time at the holiday inn. the only downfall is that they are unionized and you can have your shift taken from you if someone over you does not have enough hours. need to be there for a while to build seniority
Good employer and balance workplace
Chef De Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 March 2019
Amazing management team with excellent staff which make us to achieve our target and goals in Food and Beverage.We work together as team and the management team always give us the maximum support to achieve our goal
Pros
Friendly staff and great management
Cons
Long working hours
Poor
Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Red deer north /stay brusge suits1 March 2019
Garbage management that works you like a dog expects more than they want to give.
You're under paid and over worked. Lots of discrimination and priority with senior staff
“ What Princess wants Princess gets”
Bartender/Server/Room Service (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON27 February 2019
Where to begin ... On the menu they offer a lot of wines which holiday Inn doesn’t even carry, it’s embarrassing to have to tell the customers oh I’m sorry we are also out of that one, even thou uou try to sell something else, what is going to make them want to order anything else when 3 of the 6 wines you carry you don’t have!. Management at this specific location only likes 1 staff who should be retired as 65 instead because she has been there so long she goes around saying she is “Princess” and that management adore her and will do anything for her and will listen to everything she tells them even if it’s a lie to keep her job! Your have to pick up her slack also as she won’t do it, yet because she’s been there so long they let her get away with things. ie leaves smelly, dirty wash clothes all over counters, leaves heavy bins with ice in sink which is supposed to be emptied at end of your shift. Your supposed to try and get out at 11:00 pm as bar closes at 10:00 pm so if the morning “ princess doesn’t fulfill her side duties, you have to try and empty all of her coffee mugs and tea pots which is usually around 2 trays full from her shift plus any cutlery which she also didn’t complete which for the last month has been 3 trays of forks and knifes to be polished, organized and roll up before am shift starts!

This woman has issues with all new people and because she has been there so long management see nothing wrong with her or ever she does anything wrong because she is “ perfect” these are the words she jokingly tells customers and staff. She will try to get rid of you
  more... because she finds out things as management share way to much information with her like staff A received a $40 tip on a bill of $70 cash then husband comes gives you another $25, jealously won’t get you anywhere darling ... She is slow and likes to complain about “New People not doing things “ yet she doesn’t pick up her slack or side duties yet gets away with it! “ New staff do all their duties plus room checks and floor checks for room service twice in a shift as asked by management, yet she doesn’t get around to it and will leave numerous messages on your room service sheet saying “ please check floors” when you have prove from The front desk who sees you doing multiple floor checks throughout your shift.

She isn’t perfect and because she’s been there so long management will never see anything wrong as she is in her comfort zone and gets away with everything!

The month of December you make no tips and then when it starts to get a bit busier in the new year that’s when princess finds ways to cause trouble ! Tips are horrible and the menu prices are steep for who they are.
Pros
Nice hours if you can actually get out on time!
Cons
To many to list
made te staff feel welcome
Buffet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2019
made us all feel as though we were a family first , and co-workers second. The dishes part of the job leaves little to be desired but overall the experience was pleasant
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough security for our belongings
Good management
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2019
they have an excellent management and all staff members are so friendly and kind. restaurant is very busy but well organized place and clean environment.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
busy place

Want to know more about Holiday Inn?

Ask a question
A beautiful hotel
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 February 2019
I would sometimes clean rooms and sometimes inspect other housekeepers rooms. I made and kept many good friends while working there Housekeeping in general is a very strenuous job
Pros
the people I met while working there
Cons
micro management
Great Employer
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie31 January 2019
The Holiday Inn is a great employer, everyone here is awesome to work with and I enjoy my position. The general manager is one of the best that i have ever worked for .
Great work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK30 January 2019
My work day would start with a quick talk with the night shift, reviewing all papers for the day and then a sit down with supervisors from each department. then check emails, do a stock check, order any supplies needed. Then errands and room checks.

Hardest part of my day would have been nothing. Most enjoyable part of my day was always. Just loved my job
Pros
coffee and people
Not a fun work place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 January 2019
the holiday inn is not an ideal place to work. Houseekeeping does not care about employees scheduales, they over work there housekeeping staff. hours are not garunteed every week.
une très bonne entreprise
Directrice régionale (Former Employee) –  montreal29 January 2019
Très bonne bannière pour i travailler.
Beau et bon standars à suivre et à montrer. Très belle Hotel, famille à partager tes intérest et expérience.
HOUSEKEEPING ATTENDANT (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 January 2019
When I was working with this comany it thought me a lot of things, this is were i develop my knowlede in terms of running the front office and become a night auditor as well
job was related to my study
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 January 2019
this job was related to my field and i learned a.ot while i was intern and i worked in different departments and got to know customer service experience.
Pros
easy growth
Cons
unpaid lunches
Awful place to work
Sales manger (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC26 January 2019
Corporate culture is not sustainable. Employees are unhappy, management is miserable. Office area is unhealthy and dirty, management doesn't take care of employees
Hired as HR Manager for 1 yr Maternity Leave Contract
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 January 2019
I was hired as an HR Manager for the Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Centre. The environment and the team of people I worked with was excellent. I was responsible for managing over 100 employees within a unionized environment. When I joined, they were in the midst of negotiating a new contract. I played a key role in finalizing our new contract for the employees.
During my time here, I developed a strong partnership with the General Manager as well as the rest of the team.
|My hope was to stay on past my contract, however the former HR Manager returned from her maternity leave.
Pros
Working in a healthy and safe work environment
Cons
fast paced work with demand for details
Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2019
alot of diversity with a great a great demand for consistency but friendly co workers with help when needed available. rewards available for going beyond the call of duty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

55.1K