Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

Desk Team is great. Departments care greatly about the hotel but upper, upper management does not. Problem solving skills need to be improved and the hotel is in desperate need of renovation
Pros
Free lunch during day shift
Cons
GM is an idiot
Great place to work very welcoming to new staff members no bullying . It’s easy to pickup the work everyone works together like a team or I like to say family .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sore feet lol
My experience working at the Holiday Inn was not good but it gave me anxiety from being stressed out about how fast I could clean a guest room , you are under extreme work ethics and it must show or you do hear about it and your supposed to enjoy your place of employment but unfortunately a couple co-workers are territorial due their length of time there so the new girls start out with NOTHING on their carts , no linen because the older crew takes everything so this causes stress because you don't have the means to do your job correctly or in a timely manner, they need to fix that area of being fair to their new employees because when I worked there it was uncomfortable some days ,girls were crying from being scared of the management. Otherwise if your built for this kind of high stress and can use a high level of time management than I'd say you'd fit right in. But for some like myself I couldn't take the stress I felt each day going into work so I terminated my position.
Pros
Discounts at Moxie's, lunch and smoke breaks
Cons
Limited city transit on the weekends
Chef kept withholding salary. Unusual call times. Unorganized management schedule. Work is easy because of above comments. Free food is a plus but this comes w almost any cooking job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unorganized
Was a great place working at Holiday Inn. The Culture in place was amazing. Once you are in you will never want to leave.Entire employees work as a team, The leadership team is always there to help you succeed for you and the the team.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Long Hours
I had worked as a guard here as both a Lifeguard/Supervisor. My time guarding here had been interesting, to say the least with multiple changes in the workplace and management over the years. I have seen this place at it's highest and lowest points, through the good and the bad. If you were to ask me what it's like currently, I would say it's in the middle. Here's why. The pool itself isn't too bad, but there is a lot of maintenance around the place that needs to be done. It constantly has issues such as waves not working, the slide lights not working properly causing major issues with slide traffic, the bottom of the pool starting to crack and flake into the water and lights that tend to burn out without being replaced. Not to mention a majority of pump system components are way overdue for replacement or constantly breaking down. Management, in terms of the people who work there, are very good people and generally will be very helpful with most needs you have but don't expect anyone to know anything about how the pool operates or how to fix things as they will expect supers to know that. One thing I wish we had here was a proper Pool Manager who would oversee the guards and have proper Pool Ops certification to train people. Co-workers for the most part are great to hang out with and are mostly College/University and High School students looking to make money during the school year. Schedules are usually pretty good for hours in terms of part/full time. Time off can be hard to get especially during stat holidays so be prepared to ask for it early. Also, the pay is lower - more...
Pros
Great Co-workers and Management, Great hours for Part and Full time, Pretty easy pool to guard if you can handle a waterpark setting, Discounts on Hotel rooms
Cons
Teenagers, Sports teams and Birthday Parties will make your life miserable especially on a Friday And Saturday, Parents for Sport teams or just public swimmers in general can be very rude and entitled people, Parents who drink their hearts out on deck ( which is Illegal but they don't care), Parents who don't get in the water with kids, Chemicals being out of balance sometimes
You're very underpaid and overworked. I think it varies on which hotel you choose to work at as I have worked at 2 Holiday Inn's. The first one was corporate owned and they were amazing to their employee's. The second was family run and was a great place to work when I first started, since the pandemic it has quickly become run down and overall dangerous.
A huge negative impact once the property was sold. Morale declined, wages did not comensurate with experience, disrespectful management to both staff & guests.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Wages, condescending Managers
I started as a housekeeper and moved up to a room attendant I worked hard and made sure rooms were well cleaned. I stopped because of the COVID-19 and then I didn’t go back because I lost a daughter and was not capable to work as it was very hard. But think I could work if I could.
Pros
Brought my own lunch
Cons
Yes some days were long
great place to work would recommend this job to everyone. Lots of different people coming through everyday makes it an exciting place to work. kind friendly atmosphere, and usually a quiet place, Families traveling through and most people are excited because they are on vacation
Pros
new people everyday
Cons
very seasonal
It is a fun place to work at there are allot of team players workingThere and it is a company that notices and celebrates your hard work On a regular basis
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not allot of space for staff members to move around
It use to be a really fun place to work and felt like a family. Now it has lost that feeling. I have learned a lot on how to be in the customer service business
Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
I worked for Holiday inn for 2 years, I started as training when I was in school, applied and got hired right after school, I love it and enjoyed working there. If not the best, One of the best establishments I worked for.
Pros
Health insurance, life insurance, great management, great co-workers, family environment & Free lunch Once a month.
Cons
Never had one.
Management needs to review appropriate ways to conduct relationships in the work place and how they approach staff including outside of work. These managers don’t seem to understand the “at arms reach” policy they even have written on the agreement form at hiring. Managers pick favourites and have inappropriate relationships with them.even though they perform poorly at work and don’t get punished for it.
Pros
none.
This hotel has gone down hill so much. The management are so poor and not fair to the staff. They hire people who are new and give them all the hours. They don't treat people with respect. The rooms are dirty. The duvets are never changed. This is overall worst place to work. They need different management. They hire a manager for housekeeping who don't know what they are doing.
Pros
Nothing good about working there
Cons
Il n’y a pas de système en place pour que l’information se rende aux bonnes personnes , pourtant le siège social était la porte tout de même adjacente sur la rue où se trouvait l’établissement hôtelier. Il y a tellement d’autres chaînes Hôtelières où travailler qu’un Holiday Inn. Bonne chance tout de même !
Excellent place to work, amazing work culture, supportive managers. Best place to stat career. excellent training and development programs for employees. Happiest work place.
A lot of work to be done from doing all of the prep to working on line. their is only two cooks and a dishwasher on during shifts. You don't get much help unless your boss is still at work.
Definition of Favourotism in the workplace. No chance to grow if your not liked by the boss. The break room was nasty with bugs and food was low quality.
Pros
Cons
Apply to another hotel
i loveed the environment !!!! they have really good working conditions . each staff member is very cordial ........ overall working in such a good and healthy place givesthe positivity
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
very busy
I had a great experience working at Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre. The Director of Operations is an excellent person and an excellent professional. He is always considerate, kind, respectful friendly and honest. All the MODs that I worked with were extremely friendly, collaborative and open minded. All the hotel team received me in a very friendly, helpful and patient manner. I had excellent coworkers as a Bellman/ Room service, all were extremely kind, patient and welcoming. They really helped me a lot to have a smooth, gradual and comfortable beginning. All the Bellman, Kitchen and Front Desk teams are great collaborative coworkers, they create a very positive work environment.
Pros
Work environment, Managers, MODs, Coworkers.
Cons
Early morning shifts
  1. Employee reviews