Holiday Inn Express and Suites

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Overworked staff and poor environment to work in

They hire a lot of students in the summer and fire them when their no longer needed at the end of the summer rush. Minimum wage sucked considering the hotels in the area would pay their housekeepers more to do less work. When one person slacked, the fast workers had to compensate and clean extra rooms while being paid the same as the slackers. Management was tough to deal with. Some staff would go into rooms before the housekeepers and take their tips and management did nothing about it. We paid into the mandatory social fund and never got to do anything because management didn't schedule anything. This is understandable because of the pandemic but they should have stopped taking money from our paychecks that wasn't being used for it's purpose.

Pros

Tips and left over breakfast

Cons

Long hours, less than standard pay, emotionally exhausting

So good for mental health

I have worked in many toxic places but I went back to holiday inn because ai love they they are family we honestly do all love a cherish each other. The manager is so easy to talk to about any problems & will work with you till you get the hang of it also it's unionized

Pros

For breakfast some times

Cons

No hours available right now

Micro management by owner

Owner is too hands on. Doesn't give enough freedom to the team to run the hotel. Involves inexperienced family members in managing. Staff and management turnover is excessive.

Pros

People you work with and guests.

Cons

see above

Not a good place to work at all. Management constantly arguing and moral is terrible.

No morale, lots of drama , management don't get along always arguing. There is no training and they degrade you as a person. Rude to guests and management are liars constantly lying to owner and guests.

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Rude management, no training, no respect

Pathedic

Just sickening people thought they were good but really they were not no respect treat you like a dog think there the only ones with a life just very unprofessional

Small group that feels like family

I enjoyed my time working at HIE Deer Lake. The staff is amazing & quickly begins to feel like family. Management is amazing as well. They are extremely approachable & supportive. The only reason I left was because another opportunity fell into my lap. Pay wasn’t great, that being said they pay more than minimum wage. They also offer good health benefits.

Pros

Amazing colleagues, benefits, more than minimum wage, supportive upper management, relaxed atmosphere even when it’s busy, interacting with guests, in house hypoallergenic dog Wilson

Cons

Lower on the pay scale, long hours, having to do tasks sometimes that are unrelated to job

Not a good place to work at all

Very poor management, they have no respect for the employees, they push all the time with no help from them, it’s all about the money and not caring about the employees who bust their butts everyday. No appreciation and never ever do you hear anything positive. Raises are rare. Horrible place to work since new owners took over.

Pros

There is none

unpleasent experience

the management did not keep their word and manipulated me to work in a place that they want not in the position I requested. they did not give any feedback and when they know you need the job for a reason, they play with you as they like, no professional management

مرحبا جمال محمد تنظيف فنادق فندق هوليدي

مرحبا جمال محمد لدينا مهارات تنظيف فنادق فندق هوليدي جنسيه سوريا مكان الاقامه تركيا متزوج لدينا خمسه اطفال ونحن بحاجه عمل مهتمين للعمل ارجو منكم ساعدني

Pros

ساقول مره اخرى جمال محمد وظائف تنظيف فنادق

Cons

ساقول مره ثانيه لدينا مهارات تنظيف فنادق هوليدي

Ridiculous management

The management is horrible, has absolutely no sense or logic what so ever. Huge turn over of employees due to poor treatment and irrational behaviour. They will do whatever they feel like and play games. Total abuse of power and authority in this hotel.

Pros

Cons

Health issues

Stay Away

Worked for approximately one month, let go from my position due to "not wearing" the mask - as this job was more about being a laundry attendant than a houseperson. Could not wear the mask at all times due to the steam in the linen/washing room. Hard to breath, guess they don't care if you cannot breath regardless - its company policy - you work alone at night in this room. Don't go work here - poor management/mentors.

Bad place to work!

I work there for a few years and was underpaid badly and the higher management were not supportive at all, lots of drama and favourism and also they never kept there words what so ever. My advise find something else most people that worked here when on medical leave.

Pros

None!

Cons

Overwork their employees, unorganized, poor management.

Poor management

I have worked for 3 hotels but have never been treated so badly. Management treats you very poorly. Too few staff. They expect you to come in when you are scheduled for a day off.

Pros

Cons

Very poor management

Stressful, Short Staff, Poor Management.

-Poor management, but the supervisor and co-workers are great!.-Manager will disclose personal information which is very unprofessional when you hear about it from a co-worker the following day.-Very unorganized when needing the tools to get the job done.

Pros

Awesome Co-Workers

Cons

Short staffed, Management.

Whitby, Ontario Front Desk / Night Auditor

Management is awful.Hired as a night auditor (11pm - 7am) but was often scheduled for day shifts as well.Security was non-existent, even on weekend night shifts when fully booked. Night auditor was the sole staff on site overnight.Formal reprimands given if a client complained there was nobody at the desk overnight if you stepped away to use the washroom, etc.

Pros

Pay was reasonable

Cons

No breaks, No security, Bad management

Stay clear

Management looks after themselves and those they like best. Do what they want and you'll be fine. Housekeeping Manager yells at staff and is rude at best. Lots of hours and work including your days off being on call ( they fail to mention that in the interview process). But as soon as they are slow, you have no shifts. Manager is very unprofessional in his dealings with staff.

Pros

You have some work

Cons

Too many rooms to clean when busy

Stressful

Honestly nothing great to say about this place. If you don't fit into their little "clique" you will definitely not feel welcome. Rumors will start even though you do your job. If you stay extra hours to keep you never get any recognition for it... there are some individuals that can get away with anything and yet if you forget something one day you hear about it... not a happy environment to work in. The managers will make you open up to them and then use things against you. They talk about you behind your back steady if they aren't pleased. They break so many covid rules and well just rules in general... thought it was a fun place to be but not worth the headaches.... trust me

Pros

Cons

If you don't fit in don't bother

Traumatic

It is a great feeling when you promoted through your hardships not to be harassed. My experience in this hotel is haunting me every night, until now.

Pros

Free coffee

Great Guests and Colleagues..... Terrible Upper Management

The diversity of people and energy from downtown events was the best part of the job. Upper management put our safety on the back burner, performed some shady financial transactions and were unwilling to actually care about their employees wellbeing. The elevator was broken for over a year (is still broken to date) and many non guests enter inside the hotel property not to visit guests or to rent a room. Staff are often required to clean up evidence of drug use and abandoned items on the property to avoid getting questioned by actual hotel guests. They were hosting guests that were self isolating for travelling in covid with no SOP in place for staff about how to deal with this type of reservation/guest in an emergency situation. The fire bells went off at least weekly, if not more. No real measures or care to protect their own.

Pros

Colleagues & Guests

Cons

Everything else

unprofessional Management

where do I begin, let's see - micro management and there is lots of it, I worked there for a short time and lots of people left before I did, there is always staff frustrated and they end up quitting, and the reason for all of them leaving is one person every body knows it.They treat employees like no body, management gossips more than the staff

Pros

nothing

Cons

lots

Bad place to work

They Work the housekeepers to death. Nogood management at hotel. No breaks and always yelled at. Have to clean blood and needles. Low pay no hours

Pros

Cons

Bad unsafe area. Bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement