HOK Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Everything is pretty good, the projects are good, work-balance is reasonable, Lots of opportunities to grow, lots of great people to learn from, good benefits.
Pros
Great starting career, friendly people, and professional development is strongly advocated
Cons
Typical large firm cons.
Pros

Some of the PMs are nice

Monthly team meetings that involve drinks and food

Very easy to use software

Good Christmas parties

Working from home is allowed and flexible work hours

Cons

There is a high turnover of staff as Management do not put any effort in retaining its staff as they consider everybody replaceable

Management considers every staff member just a number and if numbers are not met than they lay of their staffs

Some of the PMs are bullies and rude where company is aware of it but do nothing about it

Workflow needs lots of improvement as management are reluctant to change
busy but fun environment.
learned advanced skills on excel

Had Associate status advancements which was motivating

hefty tuition fund

hardest part was staying on track with tedius and long processes that were not necesaary
L'endroit, les gens, le lieu et surtout la tâche font de soi une élite dans le monde de l'architecture. Les individus sont chevronnés et les défis gratifiants...que dire de la classe?
Chapeau!!!
Pros
Les Think tank
Cons
Tout va vite
Throughout my tenure with HOK I was afforded ample opportunity to grow and learn in a collegial environment that was supportive and allowed honest and earnest contributions from all team players
Pros
Communication and interaction
Cons
Contract work
My boss was also my mentor. He helped develop my client relationship management skills. Worked on RFP's to gain new clients.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Coworkers
A typical day at work includes following up and coordinating with consultants, project managers and contractors to prioritize tasks.

I have learned excellent time management skills, how to anticipate the project needs and to immediately raise any problems to senior team leads for quick reaction and resolution. I have also learned great oral and written communication skills used for managing project and client expectations and maintaing professional relationships.

My coworkers are all very hard working and highly skilled in their positions. They are also very patient and helpful to other team members questions and concerns.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult or stubborn project managers and contractors.

The most enjoyable part of my day is visiting project sites and socializing with consultants, project managers and contractors.
Pros
Positive and helpful team members
Cons
Long Hours
HOK is the best one to satisfy all those things I want to do. I have opportunity to learn new PIM software and take part in large projects.
Enjoyed working with a solid core team
Enjoyed exposure to world class project both locally and internationally
A calm and productive place to work on interesting projects.
I was at HOK on a temporary contract, and it was a great experience.
Everything is set for you, to start a good day at job. The calm and friendly workplace helps everybody to be more productive.

Very challenging and rewarding position.
Interaction with a lot of departments which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Great team to work with
Pros
great office space
Cons
drive to work was very stressful due to traffic