Hogtown Smoke

Hogtown Smoke Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Don't pay their employees
I was being paid late for the last 6 months I worked there, and whenever I asked for it, it was pushed aside. I was paid when they wanted to pay me. and management didn't care at all
Pros
Free meal
Cons
one work shift a week
Foods good but thats about it
Poorly run. Always paid late if at all. Managers fire people for no reason. They owe a lot of money to people. Unorganized and dirty. Dont count on tips boh or foh.
Huge levels of inappropriateness...poor management multiple managers and owners who don’t care about staff
Poorly ran... revolving door of staff.... good people left for better opportunities due to bad management . Too many people trying to control things. Moments of delayed pay. Withheld tips and poor boh communication. Management changed multiple times and they don’t value what employees say. You were often made to feel disposable.
Pros
Free meals at the end of the night ...Attractive Staff..Good Tips
Cons
Multiple managers multiple change of staff... inappropriate work culture
Restaurant Life
Great place to work, great people to work with, and lots of fun. They have great food and a wicked selection of beers on tap. Would recommend it to anyone in the food service industry.
Overall amazing place to eat and work at
Hogtown was a great place to have a first job. I was a dishwasher but Hogtown being locally run made everything about the job enjoyable. Long shifts would fly by like nothing and everyone there is so social and loving. Lovely place to work at and the food is Amazing.
A disaster
A fun and relatively low stress restaurant with horrific management. We were frequently not paid on time or at all with no explanation. Usually understaffed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hogtown Smoke?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hogtown Smoke. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5