Hoerbiger Employee Reviews

Very reactive company
NORTH REGION SERVICE MANAGER FOR BRITISH COLUMBIA (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC18 September 2018
everything said from management team sounded great, very rarely came through with a promise, or an on time delivery, micromanaged from Europe, no one with any decision making skills, no room for advancement, excellent salary but isn't worth the pain and heartache to try and help make the company successful in Canada. management, all had very arrogant attitudes, no ideas or opinions from blue collars were heard and or entertained, to get a supervisor or anyone in any role to answer an email, or communicate professionally or at all was very rare and or non existent
Pros
good salary
Cons
managment team
perfect place to grow your career
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 December 2018
My career at Hoerbiger began a few months ago and I am very satisfied with my decision to come work for this company. I was hesitant at first because of previously posted reviews but I have been pleasantly surprised. Don't listen to the bad reviews, its a great place to work if you like a family oriented culture and a company who wants to see their employees succeed just as much as the company itself.
Pros
endless opportunities, inclusive organization
Cons
sometimes you need to put in long hours
Awesome place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  waterloo ontario9 March 2018
I have worked at Hoerbiger for over 3 years now and I love it here.
Over the last little bit there have been changes made, particularly in management that I think have really improved the culture overall. I feel the management team has gotten stronger and are now more aligned in their goals. In addition, I feel as an employee myself I am valued now more than I ever have before at this company or any other company. Hoerbiger wants employees to succeed and they are huge on giving current employees oppurtunities to grow within their career as the post jobs interanlly first and provide many training oppurtunities. Hoerbiger sees employees as individuals with names verses other companies where you are just a number. If you choose to work at Hoerbiger, you will have a home away from home and a second family.
Pros
fresh fruit brought in each week, $100 attendance bonus for showing up each month, great benefits
Cons
nothing
Awful place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2018
Turn over is crazy in management, and they never find anyone who is good.
Fire people for no reason.
Culture is awful.
Everybody is argumentative.
Don't care if bad parts are shipped.
Management team refuses to listen to the people on the floor.
Wasteful.
The production floor is a mess, garbage and broken things everywhere, not to mention the dirt, grease and smell.
Lunch room and bathrooms are disgusting.

If you're looking for a place where you will be underpaid, overworked, treated poorly then this is for you.

Only reason I'm still here is because the job market is in rough shape.
Pros
Workforce has a lot of great people. Benefits aren't terrible.
Cons
Everything.
20 years down the drain
Country MD (Former Employee) –  Asia16 October 2018
Started off well they were good to work then the rot set in with top management people. Burnt through senior management like an out of control bonfire then the German speakers hijacked everything. Fees of 20% plus heading off to Zug for various dubious management support. Their HR managers are a joke, an accounting firm pretending to be an engineering group LOL.
Pros
Hard to think of any?
Cons
Too many to list avoid them like a plague
Terrible management
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2017
When I started I was told there was little out of town(overnight) work. But then the manager told me that he wanted me out of town as much as often so that I couldn't be home. So he scheduled me at all of the Alberta branches to make sure I was never home, and I was only ever given 1 day notice for a 1 - 2 week job. They also hired me with a specific job title but that quickly changed to me doing everything without receiving any extra compensation. Management constantly micro managed everyone even though they had no knowledge of what we were doing.
Pros
Good pay. 3 week vacation to start
Cons
Bad management. no notice when they want you out of town. micro managed. difficult to book vacation
Worse place ever
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 April 2018
This is the wose place to be employed at .Dont waste your time,poor wages , poor and rude management no job security at all.
And the have many payroll probelms !
They are going under fast !!!
Awesome place to work.
Gas compression mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC17 February 2018
I'm a gas compression mechanic and this company has been best suited for me, the most recent changes in leadership have been awesome, the company it's self has struggled in the past but has taken good care of me and my family, as I said they are making some changes and this last year has been the best year yet.
Pros
A team, great people, awesome pay, lots of room and opertunitys for advancement, freedom to work with out micro management .
Cons
Advancement of the new changes couldn't come fast enough!
Worst place I have ever worked
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  555 parkside dr waterloo18 February 2016
I worked here for almost 10 years the only thing that kept me there was the salary. Supervisors and management sponge all the money from the coffers leaving minimal left for employees , and temps. The human resource department is a joke continuously hiring non skilled people and expecting the world from them to pick up the slack. Management is constently changing , I saw 5 different general managers in the period of time I was there.the home company in Germany buys into all the b.s that the management fees them, or they are using the plants losses as a write off. This place is the most cynical , negative, depressing place to punch into every day.life has not been better since I walked away.
Pros
Employee work force great people.
Cons
Management very deceitful, promises of the moon as they fill there fat pockets.
Energetic with Automotive Industry
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 March 2018
Great Co-Operative group and team players with GM & Ford, but truly lacks any management or quality assurance staff, addition overtime is expected and offered regularily
Pros
Open Relax setting
Cons
lacks guidance and support
A terrible place to work
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 January 2015
The three top managers are totally unqualified for their jobs and rule in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation. The company will not stay in business long until this is rectified.
Pros
Cons
Fear, intimidation. poor salary and benefits, no job security.
Great team of people on the working floor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 September 2012
No advancement or any salary opportunities, and no job security
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
no leadership from upper management
Great environment with potential to learn more from experience.
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 September 2013
Not the most comfortable environment if you are not use to an oily environment. There is a lot of learning opportunities and the workers are team players.
Pros
Great environment for learning
Cons
Salary is not the best for the job description assinged
Stepping Stone
Machine Operator/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON5 May 2014
Gain knowledge of various grades of steel and location of gears in certain vehicles.
An awareness of health and safety concerns is acquired quickly.
Pros
Full time
Cons
No advancement or raise
good co workers
Machinist/Millwright (Current Employee) –  Fort St John, BC25 November 2014
good money good coworkers lots of machines all newer clean shop hard to get raises experienced in natural gas comppresion
Pros
good money
Cons
hard to get raises
Productive workplace
Plant Team Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 February 2018
A fast paced working enviroment. Really stressfull job to deal with. worked here for 3 years and i never liked it. Team Leader duties were alot of responsibility.
great fun and enjoyable job.
Production worker/Press operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 July 2017
a typical day at work there is a good day, always lots of work to do, even when a machine breaks down, there is always something else you can do to keep yourself busy, more or less there is always work to be done. the staff and co workers are friendly, and willing to help if they can.
the hardest part of the job for me back in the day was the amount of hours i sometimes would put in to finish the job, or to change a grinding wheel(s) or when a piece would get jammed in the surface grinder, then you'd have to stop the machine, manually try to remove the stuck part, if not you have to readjust the grinding wheel to a high location in order to free the stuck parts...
Pros
fun staff, great work, and overall good place
Cons
i cannot think of any cons...i liked working there.
worstest place to work
Tool and die (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 February 2015
Management is terrible. Most managers sit around and do nothing. The only way to get ahead is to bend over. After 6 weeks I had to get out of there. Pay was very low. No one knows if they will have a job the next day. Extremely stressful. They use a lot of temp worker. They short ship customers all the time. Zero respect for their employee. We did even get a Christmas bonus or party
The place real sucked
Pros
you get the left over from the management meeting
Cons
bad culture
Not a bad company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  British Columbia27 November 2017
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot of new things. The people in the office were great to work with and a lot of fun.

A family oriented company.
Pros
good people to work with in office.
Cons
no overtime
horrible management
former employee (Former Employee) –  cambridge8 September 2015
management is horrible
only advancement opportunities for friends of the boss or the females that are close to him
old equipment breaks down all the time
favouritism played out by management
no teamwork
pay below standard
Pros
Cons
pay, management, no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoerbiger. Our community is ready to answer.