Hoerbiger Employee Reviews

Good to employees
Operations and Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON8 June 2019
Employee consideration was always a top priority Training, H&S and further advancement well organized.
3 shift operation
Rewards for zero job and top quality producers
Great place
Plant 1 Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON29 April 2019
Hoerbiger is a great place to work. They listen to employees ideas and often ask there opinion on how to improve things.They have worked hard to create a family feeling work environment.
Management is regularly seen on the floor and interacting with employees to keep moral up and to see for themselves what is happening.
Garbage place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 March 2019
Worked the night shift were I was constantly yelled at to hurry up and fix a press machine that was found in a landfill site. Due to the poor quality of the machine it broke down constantly
Pros
Cons
Long hours, horrible employees
Fairly good work environment,
SHIPPER / RECEIVER/ ORDER PICKER (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 March 2019
Hoerbiger is a good place to work art. It is fairly well organized. The pay and benefits are good as is management. The lack of consistent work hours because of a downturn in business has made it unnerving.
Pros
Minimum supervision
Cons
Uncertain work hours
Machine Operator/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 December 2018
I worked there it was fun. They paid on time and we got good breaks and good shifts. it was fun. They have parking to park your car. They have a roof to not get wet.
perfect place to grow your career
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 December 2018
My career at Hoerbiger began a few months ago and I am very satisfied with my decision to come work for this company. I was hesitant at first because of previously posted reviews but I have been pleasantly surprised. Don't listen to the bad reviews, its a great place to work if you like a family oriented culture and a company who wants to see their employees succeed just as much as the company itself.
Pros
endless opportunities, inclusive organization
Cons
sometimes you need to put in long hours
20 years down the drain
Country MD (Former Employee) –  Asia16 October 2018
Started off well they were good to work then the rot set in with top management people. Burnt through senior management like an out of control bonfire then the German speakers hijacked everything. Fees of 20% plus heading off to Zug for various dubious management support. Their HR managers are a joke, an accounting firm pretending to be an engineering group LOL.
Pros
Hard to think of any?
Cons
Too many to list avoid them like a plague
Very reactive company
NORTH REGION SERVICE MANAGER FOR BRITISH COLUMBIA (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC18 September 2018
everything said from management team sounded great, very rarely came through with a promise, or an on time delivery, micromanaged from Europe, no one with any decision making skills, no room for advancement, excellent salary but isn't worth the pain and heartache to try and help make the company successful in Canada. management, all had very arrogant attitudes, no ideas or opinions from blue collars were heard and or entertained, to get a supervisor or anyone in any role to answer an email, or communicate professionally or at all was very rare and or non existent
Pros
good salary
Cons
managment team
Worse place ever
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 April 2018
This is the wose place to be employed at .Dont waste your time,poor wages , poor and rude management no job security at all.
And the have many payroll probelms !
They are going under fast !!!
Energetic with Automotive Industry
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON20 March 2018
Great Co-Operative group and team players with GM & Ford, but truly lacks any management or quality assurance staff, addition overtime is expected and offered regularily
Pros
Open Relax setting
Cons
lacks guidance and support
Awesome place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  waterloo ontario9 March 2018
I have worked at Hoerbiger for over 3 years now and I love it here.
Over the last little bit there have been changes made, particularly in management that I think have really improved the culture overall. I feel the management team has gotten stronger and are now more aligned in their goals. In addition, I feel as an employee myself I am valued now more than I ever have before at this company or any other company. Hoerbiger wants employees to succeed and they are huge on giving current employees oppurtunities to grow within their career as the post jobs interanlly first and provide many training oppurtunities. Hoerbiger sees employees as individuals with names verses other companies where you are just a number. If you choose to work at Hoerbiger, you will have a home away from home and a second family.
Pros
fresh fruit brought in each week, $100 attendance bonus for showing up each month, great benefits
Cons
nothing
Awesome place to work.
Gas compression mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC17 February 2018
I'm a gas compression mechanic and this company has been best suited for me, the most recent changes in leadership have been awesome, the company it's self has struggled in the past but has taken good care of me and my family, as I said they are making some changes and this last year has been the best year yet.
Pros
A team, great people, awesome pay, lots of room and opertunitys for advancement, freedom to work with out micro management .
Cons
Advancement of the new changes couldn't come fast enough!
Productive workplace
Plant Team Leader/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON4 February 2018
A fast paced working enviroment. Really stressfull job to deal with. worked here for 3 years and i never liked it. Team Leader duties were alot of responsibility.
Awful place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON2 February 2018
Turn over is crazy in management, and they never find anyone who is good.
Fire people for no reason.
Culture is awful.
Everybody is argumentative.
Don't care if bad parts are shipped.
Management team refuses to listen to the people on the floor.
Wasteful.
The production floor is a mess, garbage and broken things everywhere, not to mention the dirt, grease and smell.
Lunch room and bathrooms are disgusting.

If you're looking for a place where you will be underpaid, overworked, treated poorly then this is for you.

Only reason I'm still here is because the job market is in rough shape.
Pros
Workforce has a lot of great people. Benefits aren't terrible.
Cons
Everything.
Not a bad company to work for
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  British Columbia27 November 2017
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot of new things. The people in the office were great to work with and a lot of fun.

A family oriented company.
Pros
good people to work with in office.
Cons
no overtime
Terrible management
Field Service Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2017
When I started I was told there was little out of town(overnight) work. But then the manager told me that he wanted me out of town as much as often so that I couldn't be home. So he scheduled me at all of the Alberta branches to make sure I was never home, and I was only ever given 1 day notice for a 1 - 2 week job. They also hired me with a specific job title but that quickly changed to me doing everything without receiving any extra compensation. Management constantly micro managed everyone even though they had no knowledge of what we were doing.
Pros
Good pay. 3 week vacation to start
Cons
Bad management. no notice when they want you out of town. micro managed. difficult to book vacation
great fun and enjoyable job.
Production worker/Press operator (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 July 2017
a typical day at work there is a good day, always lots of work to do, even when a machine breaks down, there is always something else you can do to keep yourself busy, more or less there is always work to be done. the staff and co workers are friendly, and willing to help if they can.
the hardest part of the job for me back in the day was the amount of hours i sometimes would put in to finish the job, or to change a grinding wheel(s) or when a piece would get jammed in the surface grinder, then you'd have to stop the machine, manually try to remove the stuck part, if not you have to readjust the grinding wheel to a high location in order to free the stuck parts...
Pros
fun staff, great work, and overall good place
Cons
i cannot think of any cons...i liked working there.
all good
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 January 2017
Everyday was a living experience. The down turn in the oilfield made it very hard to turn a profit and show that. but overall a very good company to work for and the co-works never had no problems work with them or helping you get the job done
I loved the fast passed environment.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB12 September 2016
I left management, not the Company.
I now approve of Hoerbiger's Canada's President.
I loved my job, the hours, OT, and the flexibility.
Pros
Employee monthly BBQ's.
bad managment
Machinist/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC27 February 2016
no understanding what people should be treated like no room for advancement if already journeyman left alone to figure out proper jobs corrective

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hoerbiger. Our community is ready to answer.