HOCO Ltd. Employee Reviews

Featured review
HOCO Ltd. selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and meet new freinds
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clifton Hill Niagara Falls23 February 2017
HOCO is a busy work place on Clifton Hill, so you day goes by fast!
I have met people who have become some of my best friends.

The managers are organized and always ready to help out.
Pros
discounts, staff events, staff uniform
Cons
open late in the summer
Terrible managers
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Boston pizza23 September 2018
Worked security here at Boston pizza, liked the employees but managers seemed like they hated they're jobs and they play favourites with hours. If you decide to get your security lisence through these guys don't bother because they don't allow you to have it when you leave the company. And be prepared to give up both of your Friday and Saturdays every week.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Managers/no weekends off
4 outta 5
Cashier and Wax Hand Artist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 February 2018
I think the company overall is well-organized. The workers are usually very respectful and friendly. Only real downfall is the lack of hours during the off-season, but that is understandable.
Pros
Good hours in the summer
Cons
Lack of breaks for long shifts
A great place to work
Retail at Canada Trading Company (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 January 2018
Hoco is a great company to work for, they are very good with payroll and every year they give us employees the option of switching positions or staying at the same place which I think is very nice so that you are not stuck in one job if you do not want to be. Hoco has many job opportunities for everyone.
productive and easy going workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 November 2017
The workplace is easy going, and they do there at most best to work with your ability's. great place to go but really busy. you have to be able to handle stress as it is a tourism company
Pros
decent wage, staff meals
Cons
stressful
Not Terrible
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 October 2017
Great as a summer job but would not recommend if you're looking for something more permanent. Must have a high temperament to work here as tourists can become unnerving, especially around the holidays. Very stressful when its busy as many attractions are understaffed. Every day I had off I was asked to come in for someone who called in. Some coworkers pulled up to 60 hour weeks in the peak of the summer season. Lots of students and young adults working for the company which creates a fun environment if you fit in those categories.
Pros
Great Co-workers, Discounts at company owned shops, Full time for the summer season
Cons
Lots of rude customers, Over time, Under-qualified Managerial Staff
HOCO was a fun as well as great workplace.
Wendy's (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 September 2017
At HOCO you could never be disappointed from the people you work with to the environment you're around and the money of course. Everyone is great and always happy at HOCO you always get along with you're co workers and I've never once had a problem with them or the bosses there.
Under paid
Ticket Sales (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 September 2017
Pay sucks and managemens right hand doesn't know what there left is doing.you are constantly being asked to cover shifts and or stay later.there isn't much of a understanding for time off weather it be medical or family emergancies the company is out for them selves and really don't care to much for there employee
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Working for the company
Bouncer
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 August 2017
Although the bar I worked at had closed, it was a great work environment. Working with HOCO had internal benefits, this allowed savings and discounts at various attractions. The people that work here are also very friendly.
Toxic Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON20 August 2017
This is the worst job I've ever had. After a year and a half of working there (working doubles when other people call in sick, working until 2am and coming back in for 8am), I realized they would never appreciate their staff and their dedication to the company. There is clear favouritism among management when it comes to employees and it reflects in how they interact with their staff. The environment itself is toxic and drama filled, although I guess that's what you can expect when most of the staff are young kids / high school students. If you apply here, be ready to give up your life for this company and expect nothing (praise, appreciation, etc.) back from the management.
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hours, drama
it was a good place to work. my co-workers made the job much more tolerable
Game Technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton hill, Niagara falls, ON23 May 2017
it was a good place to work, really grew attached to my co-workers, they were like another family. the job itself was quite fast-paced and stressful at times, but it taught me a lot, and i am thankful for the experience.
Pros
they provided me with full time work, discounts on all the buisnesses in the area & got to play some of the games when it was slow.
Cons
it got very busy at times, and was quite stressful around the holiday weekends
Fun and engaging place to work as a side job
Redemption Attendant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 March 2017
A typical day at the midway would be to assist visitors from other countries with choosing a prize, giving directions to attractions, and having fun..
Pros
Cheap drinks, full time hours, friendly staff
Cons
Long hours, short breaks, unorganized schedule
HOCO is great place to work!
Group Sales Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 February 2017
HOCO is a great place to work! I love my job and as the Group Sales Co-ordinator I get to meet and talk with many different people everyday which I really enjoy. At times it can get really busy but I don't mind that at all as it makes the day go by very quickly. The most enjoyable part of my day would definitely be working with great managers and team members. HOCO really is a great place to work!!
Pros
Great Managers, Great Co-workers
Great
Concessions Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 January 2017
HOCO was like my second family. They are great when is comes to flexible hours, or changing shifts etc. overall, it was a great company to work for.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 August 2016
Overall a fun place to work, although there was a some drama with employees, supervisors and management from time to time. I learned many things while working for HOCO. I learned how to manage customers in a timely manner and I also learned how to run and operate the rides inside the arcade.
Cons
sometimes worked long hours and double shifts
Great people, Long hours.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 June 2016
The job is not hard to do at all, and the people are great to work with.
The only problem is the hours are really late. You have to be able to multi task and be friendly even in stressful situations. In the off season theres a lot of sitting.
Pros
always steady hours and friendly staff
Cons
long hours and tight managment
Productive and fun work environment
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON19 April 2016
Great place to work, simple math is needed to give change. Great people and a great job. Inside a booth that is climate controlled to ensure you are out of the elements.
great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 February 2016
great company to work for. lots of room to grow for the right people willing to put in the effort.decent salary for the region.
Good place to work at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 March 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I got to meet people from around the world and gain cash experience at the same time. Also all the employees are nice as well.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
late nights
Easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 February 2015
As a customer service representative you're in charge of providing quality service to the customers and sell tickets to the touristic attractions. People skills are a must.
boring job
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 September 2014
Job was very boring sat out in the sun for 8hrs
long days
co workers were very nice
Pros
easy money
Cons
hot days and long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HOCO Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

HOCO Ltd. Reviews by Location