HMSHost
Information from HMSHost:

HMSHost Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Host/Hostess21 reviews
Canada21 reviews
Would start work right away as soon as clocked in I would get my work done and help my coworkers out with there work. Managment was not the best. Supervisors are amazing to work with they know how the job is done and how the employees work
the workers fight each other and don't like someone get praised for a well done job. It's filled with lots of gossip. They favor one than the other. And workers are very racist
Always.fun.day.at.work
I.know.everything.about.being.a.host.

i.love.management

i.am.a.host.and.cashier

nothing.is.hard

having.good.people.around.you.and.as.team.at.work
its safe place working and fun and enjoying working at HMS host company. I The management they are helpful the hardest part only i experience is to far in my place
Pros: Meal plan, full time benefits, flexible hours, easy going.
Cons: Consistently understaffed and poor scheduling, high turn over, poor management.
Pros
meal plan
Cons
management
Taking order then making them, giving out the proper change. Making the customer happy, correcting yours or others mistakes. Taking temps of the cool or hot produces. refilling stalk.
Pros
Lots of hours to work, great managers
Cons
I was in high school at the time and they mad me work midnights, effecting my school life
Worked for Canucks for only a MONTH. First day of my training was terrible , managers were not organized. the person they put in charge to train me was disrespectful , and very unprofessional with the managers knowing her history of her behavior they still went forward in letting her train a new employee. Managers are immature , non understanding , and just overall not suit for a manager position. They looked at the conflict in the restaurant as if it wasnt a big issue. Coworkers there were rude , and inconsiderate. No matter how poor their skills in hospitality were they did not care as long as someone was working that shift. My last day of working i exclaimed to my manager i had a flight to catch the next day , and he put up for argument that i was not able to miss my shift. one of my good coworkers came in the conversation and said she would have no problem with covering my shift for me. i left the room , and my manager told her she could take the shift but he was still gonna make me come in. Proceeding to tell her not to tell me that he wants me to come in when she has already taken the shift. i have worked with restaurants my whole career , and by far canucks bar and grill is the worst place i have ever been employed at.
Pros
money
Cons
no one cares about your work environment
was fine in the beginning then they over work you till all your coworkers start to break down on the floor and in thier cars, and you have to see if they are ok. under new management now though so could be better now.
Pros
free up to $10
Cons
left alone
Only writting a review to tell you DO NOT WORK HERE. They dont care about there workers and you work wayyy more then what you get paid. managers dont help and its always super busy
Pros
Free lunch under $10, Easy to get the job
Cons
Under staff, super busy, long hours
- prep food get read for service by 11:00am
- learned all the safety of food prep and how to properly cook all foods

- workplace culture is fun treat you like family

- hardest part of the job is when theirs not much people working on a busy day or 1 person working in the back making the customers food

- management needs to work on better benefits and more staff
Pros
free lunch under $10
Cons
wage isn't enough
awesome job for student that need to make some money to help pay for college. helps pay bills, most of the manages are nice and friendly. staff are easy to get along with.
Pros
free lunch limit of 10$, good hours
Cons
on feet for long periods of time
i am sad that i left hms they were nice but the hours were horrible
they will make u do more hours than anyone and will only have 1 day off
Pros
leaving on time
Cons
changing hours shifts
I'm enjoying every assignment/tasks I have. Just taking it easy but consistent in every tasks I am doing. I have a good relationship with my co worker. I don't feel any hardships at all in my work, because I make sure I am focus in everything that I do. Or I should say, I make sure I have mastery in all the tasks that is assigned to me. I am enjoying it because I believed I am doing the right thing.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks
Cons
work 8 hours
It was the best job i ever had i enjoyed my learning experience working for HMS. I was in charged in preparing what i needed to be done for the opening of store to serve customers.I learn how to be a fast worker in a busy environment.The management was always around when ever you needed them.
I appreciate the company is an EOE Employer, I have learned many different skills from retail to customer service and food preperation. The staff or crew at each store has been wonderful in helping to advance my knowledge of each location and build my retail experience . The hardest part of the HMS Group is long hours short breaks and little chance of advancement . The management team is filled with some supportive and helpful staff , others disorganized. Overall the HMS group is very professional and accomodating.
Pros
EOE Benefits Staff discounts some stores
Cons
Long Hours Short Breaks All Weekend work
We worked as a team, although I was mainly a cashier I learnt how to take part in other parts such as cooking, preparing stuff for the next day and great team work skills. I was recognized by the manager for my hard work and chracter as I was a good leader.
By far, the worst place I have ever worked, management was impossible and policy and procedure was non existent.
Pros
Cons
many
Was a poorly run company from the get to, tried to turn it around. But empty promises and commitments. They do not care for their employees at all. The upper Management supplies no support with in the company structure. Which is to bad, cause there is potential for great things at the airport.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
I started working with HMS Host when I turned 18. It was my first full time job. The managers helped me become one of the hardest workers. They helped me get organised, showed me how the cash works, and how to count the cash. I even got to work at the bar some times to fill other employees lunch break. Hms Host was my favorite job. But i was still young and had to go back to school so i couldnt work full-time for them anymore.
Pros
Long Hours
Cons
I've worked many of these restaurants. Management is horrible . Pay is always low, at one place I had a store owner laugh at my face for asking for a raise on my third year. Favorites, short breaks, no respect and confrontation instead of constructed criticizes. If you are a glutton for punishment. You will work here.
Pros
Some places pay for lunch break
Cons
No raises, no respect, talking down, bad mgmt.
fast paced envirnment along high way , great co workers and management