HMSHost
Information from HMSHost:

HMSHost Employee Reviews for Cook

Cook13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
I enjoyed the job, and cooking for the customers but I found the mid management were always trying to find fault with everyone. There is a fine line between following health department rules and bullying. Despite the company image saying that they wanted team players, many people had too much drama, I made a few friends, but the work is for a younger crowd.
Pros
Good tipout if they were busy
Cons
Too much drama and competition between restaurants in the airport meant low sales
I learned how much important the communicates with people. I liked to talk my way. Sometimes I didn't listen to other line cooks. I should clay. Finished the job first.Then I had less press.
They are so unfair and there is a lot of favrotism, supervisors manage below the belt and they are not fair with employees.
They dont care about their employees
Worst company ever management is complete trash. If u like being degraded
ignored and humiliated perfectt job for you. Nothing is clean here and if you complain management attacks u
Pros
Money
Cons
Management cleanliness never enough staff extremely busy and careless manage ment
Overall, working at he HMS host was your average day as a cook. I worked there partime and my experience there wasn't remarkable but, wasnt unenjoyable either. I had fun working ther personally.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
attitude
Horrible horrible horrible management. Cant begin to describe how bad this company is to work for. Dont do it unless youre willing to get work induced headaches daily. Kitchen standards were pathetic. Poor cleanliness + old broken equipment. Lucky to even see a manager if you have any issues.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Management is terrible.
hours are long,

The only good thing is meeting new people.

didn't like the toxic environment. Employees would leave, they didn't want to hire and new staff.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
everything
Work is work;giving good results, carrying responsibility following the Standards, HACCP, maintaining the working area, building the team spirit all are the parts of an employee routines. Let it be any company, in any part of the universe sincerity with the work and that's too in the sensitivity of food production; only the morals can work.
Pros
Free Staff Meal
Cons
long hrs
it cooked burgers and other food and served people there food handled cash balanced tills closed the store. management not the greatest to work with
Run pls run don't even look at this company. They will let u lose your stander has a cook. If your not like they will pick on until you quit or they fire you. The union is a joke they work for the company not the workers. Your head of HR don't know how to talk to the employees. Then that leads to the manger and peer mangers who really don't know how to deal with employees. You have about 5 manger that work for this company who know how talk to there employees. PLS RUN DONT WORK FOR THE HMS HOST IN THE AIRPORT in Toronto
Pros
Some of the staff if they not back stabbing
Cons
The management from HR to the little mangers
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HMSHost?
This job is not the best in the world the management is all over the place. Equipment is way over due and needs updating and repairs. The people are great but when it come down to stress it can be high more often then low. The salary is great depending on your job which can actually be a great factor and the tips are awesome that is if you work for tips. The hardest part of this job would have been the process of getting a day off even when advanced notice has been given long before the day. Consistent reminders are required when it comes to almost anything to do with any restaurant. But if your looking for a job that pays out a lot with a lot of hours but only need it for a short time go for it but YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! Also no eating for free unless the mangers say yes, but there it discounts at a lot of polices on food.
Pros
hours and salary is great
Cons
Management sucks
Great customer service experience meet new people everyday.
I was enjoying my job a lot while working.The workers and the employers are very happy with my work. I missed them a lot.
Pros
free lunches