HMSHost
Coronavirus update
Information from HMSHost:

HMSHost Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON13 reviews
Work is work;giving good results, carrying responsibility following the Standards, HACCP, maintaining the working area, building the team spirit all are the parts of an employee routines. Let it be any company, in any part of the universe sincerity with the work and that's too in the sensitivity of food production; only the morals can work.
Pros
Free Staff Meal
Cons
long hrs
Good shifts and when sick or emergency they give you the time
Two days off ,good co-workers

Managers are 100% cooperative

Payments are on time and most of all you don’t have to do everything on your own other co-workers assist you .....I love my job 100 %
Worst company ever management is complete trash. If u like being degraded
ignored and humiliated perfectt job for you. Nothing is clean here and if you complain management attacks u
Pros
Money
Cons
Management cleanliness never enough staff extremely busy and careless manage ment
Pro's
I'll start off saying that the people that you might work with are all good, friendly people, language can be a issue at time but everyone will smile at you and make you feel welcome.

Start time was 06:00 & finished no later then 14:30

Con's

Very poor leadership, to many wannabe leaders that have no idea what is going on, in 5 min's was told to do 3 different things by 3 different so called supervisors.

They do not work with in the Ontario labour laws, be warned.

Parking cost $150.00 per month, but then a 20 min train & 15 walk each way.

Lunch room is in the middle of where people are still working.

NO overtime at all.

Staggered days off.
Pros
Nice people to work with & free lunches, start early / end early
Cons
Poor management, underpaid, break labour laws
Fast paced restaurant with lots of customers. Fun and positive space with lots of tasks to complete. If you do not enjoy speaking not a good job for you
Run pls run don't even look at this company. They will let u lose your stander has a cook. If your not like they will pick on until you quit or they fire you. The union is a joke they work for the company not the workers. Your head of HR don't know how to talk to the employees. Then that leads to the manger and peer mangers who really don't know how to deal with employees. You have about 5 manger that work for this company who know how talk to there employees. PLS RUN DONT WORK FOR THE HMS HOST IN THE AIRPORT in Toronto
Pros
Some of the staff if they not back stabbing
Cons
The management from HR to the little mangers
productive work experience
enjoyed customer interaction

flexible shifts

less hours

lack of team work from co-workers
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
less hours
manage, and supervising the day to day operation of multi restaurant units at Pearson Intl airport. Invole in cost control, such us inventory, payroll, ordering of stocks, and staff scheduling. Being assign at hte Airport is a fun place to work at, be able to meet a lot of people ie traveller and employees at the airport vry large community and fast pace environment.Learned a lot how to work under a lot of time pressure from travellers, but enjoying part is when i am able to handle the pressure very well, by giving and providing them the best experience while waiting for their flight thru quality and friendly service.
I learned a lots of skills and experience through my role being a general accounting clerk. Management was very friendly and co-workers helped me in different ways to succeed my responsibilities. I really enjoyed my work.
Pros
free lunches
Finance department moved to US. It was a good place to work

Sorry to leave associates.

Management was good.
Pros
fun place
Cons
finance department closed
I was enjoying my job a lot while working.The workers and the employers are very happy with my work. I missed them a lot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
this job was on Torontoi International airport. every terminal has own type of work but most was the same.just close-up had different,

Learned with experience thgrough difficulty satuation.

Most manaement with no experiences.

Most co-worker was perry good.

Hardest work was to entery to deporture area with scan securty, if could'n took many hours to let you enter.

work has lots enjoyable time with different passangers on every moment.
Every day I would get my cash bag for my till and count it out in front of a manager and have them check off that they saw me count it and it was the correct amount. At this job I've learned there are many different kids of people and to always just keep everything to myself, besides work related issues. Management at HMS Host was a mess, half of the time they never even knew what they were doing or what the actual problems were within the restaurant and that really bugged me. My co-workers, whom I spent 40 hours or more a week with were great people, got along with everyone, nobody really caused any problems until management comes around clueless. I wouldn't necessarily say there was a hard part of this job besides having management understand you and your point of view (when needed)
The most enjoyable part was every day I worked there, I would always look forward to coming in and seeing how my day would unfold because no day was every the same (thanks to the customers) also seeing celebrities go through the airport was a big joy of some of the shifts.
Pros
70% off discounts, tips, always meeting new people
Cons
unorganized management, union and schedules