HMSHost
Coronavirus update
Information from HMSHost:

HMSHost Employee Reviews in Dorval, QC

Dorval, QC16 reviews
The managers at hms are overall not great. Some of them are excellent but most of them are pretty bad. Because of bad managers we are always understaffed. Besides management, you need to be able to stand for 8 hours straight and able to memorize multiple drinks.
Busy, fast-paced environment. Learned how to do requisition orders and inventory for multiple stores. Cash handeling. Meet interesting people from around the world.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours, early/late hours
employees are usually in good mood and ready to offer support and help when needed. its is also a very enjoyable place to work in the summer with all the great summer barbecue experiences
Pros
safe
Cons
noisy
good place to work, hours difficult, need to find experience manager to operate, multi unit to operate, need to be on floor all time, need more staff,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun place to work at.They expect you to work at other restaurants too. The management is very poor, as well as communication between colleagues.
It is a great place to get job experiences. All of the co-workers and managers are very friendly. Sometimes it can be a little busy because it is at the airport but it is enjoyable because of the people.
Pros
Fixed shifts
Cons
doing more overtimes
i am sad that i left hms they were nice but the hours were horrible
they will make u do more hours than anyone and will only have 1 day off
Pros
leaving on time
Cons
changing hours shifts
working has taught me to have a lot of patience. I loved working with my colleagues and getting to know some of my customers of different ethnicity because without them I would have not made it year after year.
I received a lot of experience working at different kiosk owned by HMS Host. I really enjoyed working during the time I was in school.
Pros
decent employee discount.
Cons
long hours, sometimes no break and management is the worst.
This company is really reliable, the people on your team become like you family. Salary is not bad and if you work at a restaurant with tip it can really add up. Managers are nice and reliable.
Pros
50% off lunches
Cons
very long hours a day.
I enjoyed meeting new people . I am more open. The hardest part was when I have to prepare 6 sandwiches while serving other things such as: cookies, muffins and tea. Hopefully, I had my coworker so I was not alone.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HMSHost?
Commissary. Lots of lifting thats about it. pretty unorganized and they work use their seniority for just about any excuse.
Pros
% off most food places.
Cons
can only have % off during lunch.
count money, refill cash bags
how to balance the day, how to order money from the bank

hardest part of the job is having to work in a smaller space
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Great place to work for College students that are seeking a stable shift environment. The managers are also friendly and provide interesting incentives to up sale.
Pros
75% and 50% discount during break!
Cons
the pay is minimum and the union are not helpful...
I was very excited to be working at the airport.
But my first day I went home crying. The managers were incredibly rude, they did not have any kind of good feelings about anyone, everyone was considered a threat. I was told I was going to be selling sandwiches and drinks for a fancy restaurant ( outside of it ) and they put me in this corner, selling 23$ sandwiches, 2 week old moldy cheese platters, and I got hospitalized for the amount of dust I was inhaling. Yes, I was dusting constantly during the day ( with paper towels, no duster was given), but the air was so bad that there was no catching up with it. I started having blood coming out of my ears, couldn't breathe and I told the management, nobody really bothered doing anything or looking into it. I worked there four months, made maybe 8$ a day at my booth and had no chair for my 8 hours ( sometimes 9 or 10, depending on when they decided to check me out to go home, I've been forgotten about several times ). I had customers complain to management to at least get me a chair but there was no chance of it. I was supposed to start with minimum wage but they messed up and somehow started me off at 8$ ( like the waitresses inside that made 200$ in tips everyday) and it took a few weeks for them to fix that. I also have been harassed and been called several things from customers for selling very old, WAY overpriced 3 slices of cheese and I really hated it. I would love to work at the airport again, but I will stay away from HMS. Please submit with caution, it truly was a horrible job with horrible management. Take advantage
 - more...
Pros
Some very nice Co-workers
I have worked for this company and i am very dissatisfied with poor mangement, careless supervisors and managers with bad attitudes. i am very frustrated with having to deal with co-workers with bad customer service. Managers change my schedule without advising me first and ask me to do jobs that are not part of my duties.
Pros
insurance
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no breaks due to lack of staff, no advancement, little tips
I was able to experience a good customer service by working as a cashier.