HMSHost
Coronavirus update
Information from HMSHost:

HMSHost Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB19 reviews
Would start work right away as soon as clocked in I would get my work done and help my coworkers out with there work. Managment was not the best. Supervisors are amazing to work with they know how the job is done and how the employees work
It’s terrible place to work just stay away. They invade your privacy. Make you do things your not supposed todo. Handling of cleaning chemicals with no whimis or training at all. Get accused of stealing almost on the daily. Management and hr are a joke there all buddy’s so how does anything get done like that ? stay away unless you want more stress in your life away
HMS Host Calgary was a great place to work at, fun group of people, worked you hard but fair and compensated you well for your efforts, good bonus available
Pros
good pay, good benifits
Cons
Overall, working at he HMS host was your average day as a cook. I worked there partime and my experience there wasn't remarkable but, wasnt unenjoyable either. I had fun working ther personally.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
attitude
Great place to work with been there for last 5 years. Good place for development always promote within company. Fun place to work and busy environment
This store was at the airport so there was lots of opportunities of meeting new and diverse people. Due to meeting so many different types of people, level of understanding and communication with non-English speakers also grows. Great for a starting job, good pay and very nice coworkers.
Pros
Meeting people from around the world
Cons
Less growth in the company
Good team work
New Experience

Enjoyable place

Hard work

Safe place

Great Environment

I loved to work there because I learned new things everyday. I learned how to make new drinks.
A great place to work with diverse challenges and great people. Airports are interesting places and this is reflected in your coworkers and customers.
Pros
Great pay and opportunity to advance
Cons
It is still hospitality and it is a tough business!
Hard to work here with the culture and attitude most people have tons of advancement just hard to keep working here with so many different people. Hours are good and balanced benefits help alot
i learned so many things in this job management was ok not very well that did not understand about situations co- workers very nice.
I work there almost 2 month, still not pay me yet. so cheap this company. always short staff. not really follow timhorton standard. manchine not clear everyday. so dirty.
Its a company with a fair treatment of all the employee great opportunity for career improvement. with a friendly and safe working environment. promotes peoples first culture.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise.
The HMS Host is a great company with good management. The working atmosphere is good. I have learnt a lot with HMS Host.
Was a poorly run company from the get to, tried to turn it around. But empty promises and commitments. They do not care for their employees at all. The upper Management supplies no support with in the company structure. Which is to bad, cause there is potential for great things at the airport.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
Working in this company is really Great everyone is treated fairly they are strongly promoting the People first Environment.
I really like working at HMS HOST Starbucks because its a really fun place to work at. There is 6 starbucks at the YYC airport so I get to work in all of them which is so entertaining, that way I can gain more customer service skills and meet new people.
Pros
free lunch
Training from HMS Host for the Barista position is slow & allows you to get familiar with the process of making espresso beverages while also helping customers
Pros
$15 max lunch covered, International Travellers Tip Big
Cons
Management not open to new Ideas
My review to this company is that the management team are great. The work schedules are crazy for those new hirees. There was less training time with the supervisors and they will just let their new recruit do their own job by their own.
The management are supportive though they need to pay more attention to trainees at the start of the training as they will not absorb everything in the first week.