Hitachi

Hitachi Employee Reviews in Guelph, ON

Guelph, ON5 reviews
Great place to work as a welder. Lots to learn. Its a production shop, but does not feel that way. Good pay. Good benefits. A place to be proud to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lay offs
I enjoyed my time working at Hitachi, the challenges were there however the management were extremely supportive. Several training programs exist within and outside of the company that management encourage everyone to regularly to attend.
good while it lasted the nature of the job was fantastic, and they treat their employees very well but with the global mining market ,and business decisions from parent company, there is no longer any production at this facility.
Pros
good supportive co-workers
Cons
unstable job security
It was an interesting place to work due to the products we sold. The mining industry has been very shaky the last few years which made many of the positions unstable.. Our company went from 3 shifts when I started to two and then one. There has been major down sizing the last few years. We were given a one time opportunity to accept a buyout this past April, or stay and take our chances on keeping out job.

I took the buy out and although not technically employed at the moment, I am on payroll with all benefits for several months.
Was a good company to work for. Deadlines were not to intense lots of engineering knowledge
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hitachi?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi. Our community is ready to answer.