Hitachi

Hitachi Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,796 reviews
Hitachi is a challenging work environment. There are areas for improvements, A lot of noise comes from companies that have been purchased by Hitachi and expect the same culture
Hitachi HQ says all the right things but apply none. There is no strategy. The heads of businesses are Japanese expatriates who rotate every 3 years. They hardly speak English, have no knowledge of the market, the customers, the suppliers, the employees culture. The Japanese expatriates are in majority (there are a few exceptions) arrogant, ignorant, and immature managers.
The company has very good quality products. But their management skills are close to zero. They lose a lot of money because of their rigidity.
If you want to learn and grow only without expecting any kind of promotion then this is a good place to work. For experienced professional, monotonous work. Vision is not clear and Head to toe politics.
Work was busy and sometimes hard but fun, nice break and sometimes meeting etc.. Mangaement came in to inspect, lots of employees , great experience on the job and go home.
Best learning platform with efficient international working culture and supportive staff members.
Great learning platform for new and experienced peoples. Benefits to get work with international manufacturing technology and advancement in working methodology.
Pros
Good management, learning platform, good culture, work with higly advance manufacturing facilities
Cons
No fixed working hours
Life is easier when you learn to speak Japanese properly in this company. As long as you do your best to speak up your thoughts in Japanese your colleagues will also do their best to understand what you said.
Pros
Safe workplace
Cons
As a company to work with Japanese technology was good, but now culture totally change. Only political culture with new management. Now fit to work .
Good company to work for. Poor management in workshop and lack of opportunities to progress. Favouritism and poor supervisors and team leader in workshop all other departments fantastic
It is a great corporate environment to work in. Training and support was brilliant, the people lovely and in sales it was a good basic salary plus commission (which I think could have been better but I think we always do).

Only negative from the sales side of things was that the leads were quite low which limits commission.
Pros
Environment, training, salary
Cons
Lack of leads, commission structure
Work culture is good but salary increment is not as per my expectation. They are biased. Otherwise all good things in organization. Main problem is only about salary
Overall job is very good and interesting but the top management is very bad at judging co workers. My responsibility here is handling manpower arrangement , making report or issue and make sure the workers work in safety workplace.
very friendly place to work with a great team, and been able to interact with different people allowed me to gain lots of skills and give great customer services
Pros
good support
Cons
long hour breaks
If you want to make money and have no life go for it. Wil be no balance if you try. I mean I was a single dad had 2 daughters and my manager would baby sit ( his wife)so I could work every weekend
Pros
Bad hours
Cons
Bad hours
Loved my time at Hitachi , great team, work environment and company support
Inclusive and encouraging culture and full support in training and tools for the role
Pros
Envronment, training, colleagues
Cons
Only a contract position
Empresa com normas rigorosas no controle de qualidade dos seus produtos e ambiente de trabalho.
I liked the fact that I had team members located in different parts of the world. I enjoyed working as a part of the training department and assisting the system admin with updating the curriculum for the clients in training.
Pros
Occasional free meals, free snacks and coffee/tea in breakroom
you gotta be able to work together as a team. you gotta be able to depend on your work team. you gotta be willing to work hard and long hours. the job is very physical labor. you’ll work 6-7 days a week, 10-12 hour shifts.
Loved my job there .
Would work there again in a heartbeat. The care and giving from both local and national managers gave full value to work satisfaction.
Pros
Cons
Na
Muy buena empresa a nivel competitivo en carácter de fabricación de elementos que conforman al automóvil
everyone was stuck up and didn't care if you fit in. I begged for more work and to be taught new things only to be told no! would not recommend at all
Good atmosphere, good people and the work was non strenuous and easy to achieve goals. The facilities are brilliant. Big car parks. Clean locker rooms and toilets/showers. 5S system of work in place so all equipment is maintained to a high standard. Big canteen with quality food and drink albeit a bit on the pricey side. Great benefits with health care and Pension plan. Good bonus plan and yearly pay increases
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi. Our community is ready to answer.