Hitachi

Hitachi Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
Fun working environment, but challenging
Hitachi is a challenging work environment. There are areas for improvements, A lot of noise comes from companies that have been purchased by Hitachi and expect the same culture
Great product, inept CEO dictator
The Hitachi team does does an amazing job developing and supporting a super capable product, and has great employee development opportunities. It’s a great place to work, unless you fall under the thumb of a repressive CEO Co-Founder who continuously makes inappropriate and discriminatory comments about other staff. He once commented that one of the top salespeople had to make the money that he did because his wife was super high maintenance, that’s what you get after devoting 29 years?thedibecause
Enjoyable work environment
The people are the best thing about Hitachi Solutions. They make coming into work everyday worth it. My position gets to work on many different systems that ordinarily you wouldn't get to do in IT.
Productive and fun work place
I enjoyed my time working at Hitachi, the challenges were there however the management were extremely supportive. Several training programs exist within and outside of the company that management encourage everyone to regularly to attend.
Mostly nice managers, except for two of them who don't work there anymore
Mostly nice managers, except for two of them who don't work there anymore. Those two would negate all the good in the company (which was otherwise relaxed).

Regular downsizing cycles.

They take a lot of time to do a hiring and they might fire in the probation period if their budget runs out.

At downsizing times, they seem to pick the ones with longest seniority.
Fast paced workplace but lack of good management across Canada
Hitachi is a large global organization with great benefits and cultural in most locations. The canadian branch seems to be run differently with a boys club mentality and minimal ability for advancement.
A typical day of work
This is where I got to see my skills in the metal fabrication industry and put to practice my experience in multipass welding on big trucks.
I really did enjoy working at Hitachi.
You'll learn so much if you can stick it out
Hitachi ID is a strange place to work. They have some of the smartest people I've every worked with and they make sound technical decisions that often fly in the face of accepted practices. It's a great place to learn how things actually work.

The culture isn't great. Your co-workers will be awesome. Some of the manages are great but upper management can be unpredictable and reactionary.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with management. However it's worth it if you want to always be faced with interesting challenges.
Pros
Challenging, great co-workers
Cons
Management, Pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hitachi?
It is fun working at Hitachi. You get to do what you actually want to work with. The bonus is distributed monthly based on whether you are billable or not.
Stable and not stressful, good working environment
Hitachi Elevator (China) is a good company, with a good working environment. The work is repeated and not stressful, but the potential for promotion is limited.
good while it lasted
good while it lasted the nature of the job was fantastic, and they treat their employees very well but with the global mining market ,and business decisions from parent company, there is no longer any production at this facility.
Pros
good supportive co-workers
Cons
unstable job security
Good place to work as a welder
Great place to work as a welder. Lots to learn. Its a production shop, but does not feel that way. Good pay. Good benefits. A place to be proud to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lay offs
Meh
Not bad wage. Good experience but not the best management at the time. Was deffinatly a buddy system there. I hated working nights but that was the name of the game
Excellent software built in house by experts in the field. Target companies that need a quality product, not a band-aid. Dedicated senior management that take the time to help you achieve the goals they set for you
Good company while it lasted
Work at this company was generated by market demand and ultimately led to closure due to a shortage of suitable contracts allowing for continued profitability.
n/a
Lead is super nice. Work culture is not so good since the office was quiet and no one talks with each other. Not enjoyable. Flexible hours beyond core hours.
Good
Good place to work, I enjoyed my time there. If wasn't for the lay off I'd still be there. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and continued training.
Great people to work with
Great people to work with on a daily basis. Watch certain managers as they are very manipulative with work schedules and where you worked. Secretive with HR policies.
Review
Working at Hitachi is great. I think the best part is all of the friends I have made. The company really promotes building relationships with not only the customers but also those you work with.
I didnt really care for this job all to much
the job itself was fairly easy and strait forward but the management and salary i found lacking. the best part of this job was the people I worked with in my department
Pros
N/a
Cons
bad management
Small organization with consistent growth
Area Service in charge handling New Center appointment, Service Budget Planning, Spare sales, Center performance evaluation and Inventory (Service parts, accessories)
Pros
Small org
Cons
Limited growth
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi. Our community is ready to answer.