Hitachi Employee Reviews

n/a
Developer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2018
Lead is super nice. Work culture is not so good since the office was quiet and no one talks with each other. Not enjoyable. Flexible hours beyond core hours.
Good
Material Handler (Yard) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 May 2018
Good place to work, I enjoyed my time there. If wasn't for the lay off I'd still be there. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and continued training.
Great people to work with
Business Consultant and Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Great people to work with on a daily basis. Watch certain managers as they are very manipulative with work schedules and where you worked. Secretive with HR policies.
Review
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2018
Working at Hitachi is great. I think the best part is all of the friends I have made. The company really promotes building relationships with not only the customers but also those you work with.
I didnt really care for this job all to much
Picker/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
the job itself was fairly easy and strait forward but the management and salary i found lacking. the best part of this job was the people I worked with in my department
Pros
N/a
Cons
bad management
Small organization with consistent growth
Sales & service (Former Employee) –  Delhi26 January 2018
Area Service in charge handling New Center appointment, Service Budget Planning, Spare sales, Center performance evaluation and Inventory (Service parts, accessories)
Pros
Small org
Cons
Limited growth
some very good people but Senior Managment leaves a lot to be desired
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 February 2017
Great people, great projects despite the company being in complete turmoil. The change over in management from Canada to North America was poorly thought out.
Pros
great people
Cons
nor direction
Hitachi great place to work
Regional Sales Manager Telecom Business -SAARC (Former Employee) –  Delhi, ON1 February 2017
hitachi is one of the platform which gives you 360 dimension approach to look into customer business, Strong customer base , good product line, strong team
Pros
good establish brand
Cons
technical guidance
Employees help make it a fun place
BILIGUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2017
Great company with a strong history, there is room for improvement once employees are given the room to improve. Health and Safety standards need to improve within the company to help increase the job culture.
SAP Basis Consultant at Hitachi
Sr. SAP Basis/Solution Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
Great company to worked with. I have established the Solution Manager, Incident Management piece. So it was a short term contract but I've gained a great level of confidence and achievement.
Golfing, BBQ, and celebrations like a New Year
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 October 2016
I love my work. I work hard. In this company I owrked 76 hours in a week. I learn really fast in any jobs. Love to travel, and spend my time with my family.
 A result oriented Sales & Marketing Professional having 14+ years of work experience in the consumer durable and Automobile Industry with Japanese l
Manager - (Branch Manager-Delhi) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2016
Start with team meeting, planning than execution.
Every day is a good learning.
Good management, giving opportunity to perform with better way.
Co-workers are cooperative.
High curiosity is a hardest part.
More challenge is enjoyable part.
Company closing
Welder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 August 2016
Shutting down Saskatoon plant. Management kept everyone in the dark until they told us they are closing. Will be out of work mid September
Pros
Decant pay
Cons
Shift work
interesting workplace
Supplier Planner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 June 2016
It was an interesting place to work due to the products we sold. The mining industry has been very shaky the last few years which made many of the positions unstable.. Our company went from 3 shifts when I started to two and then one. There has been major down sizing the last few years. We were given a one time opportunity to accept a buyout this past April, or stay and take our chances on keeping out job.

I took the buy out and although not technically employed at the moment, I am on payroll with all benefits for several months.
Excellent company culture
Welder (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 April 2016
This is one of the best places that I have worked. They care about their employees, and go above and beyond in all aspects of the workplace. Safe, clean, well maintained. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the stretches in the morning, but they foster a team dynamic, and also reduce workplace injuries from strains and sprains. HCI was (at the time) one of the only shops in Sask that actively participated in the journeymans program.
Pros
Clean, well maintained shop, Good managers
Cons
Repetitive work can be mind numbing at times
Relaxed and professional
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
The best work environment! Friendly co-workers in a relaxed environment that allowed us to focus on what is important: Provide great customer service.
Pros
Breakfast options were available every day, and beer too if you wanted.
Cons
Noisy open space.
Rapidly shrinking
National Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 November 2015
Great company, but only sells one product and demand is diminishing. Broadcast industry in Canada is suffering meaning Hitachi is suffering.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
poor management
Good Technology but is it Future Proof?
Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montreal22 October 2015
Hitachi has always made great storage hardware, no question but the industry is moving towards commodity storage platforms defined by software. This does not play into HDS's strengths so it remains to be seen if HDS can adapt.
Great Big Data Experience
Engagement Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2015
The Hitachi experience as a company is great. The big machine is poised for a great future. Leadership in the US have a great vision and the business itself is huge. BIG Data is the future.

The Canadian operation is not run well. Poor inexpereinced managemnt, and the leadership is not skilled in developing a business. Too many promises and not enough follow through. This will be the downfall, as customer service is poorly satisfied.

A great place to get some BIG Data experience, but not a place to stay for the long haul.
Pros
Great Storage Equipment
Cons
Inexperienced Canadian Management
A reltively good workplace.
North Africa Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Egypt9 September 2015
It provided a good working environment, but the diversity in the job description is a little bit unspecific, which could make a manager not very focused on issues that he/she needs to develop.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hitachi. Our community is ready to answer.