Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update
Information from Hinduja Global Solutions:

Hinduja Global Solutions Pay & benefits reviews

Canada731 reviews
Only if you want to work from home and internet is fast enough. So not of you live in the country like I do. So I don't think I'll have a job come August which sucks cause I'm really good at my job
2 June 2020
Your feedback has been noted and shared with our Pembroke leadership team. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders, but we are saddened by your comments. We have thousands of agents who have developed their skills into fulfilling careers with HGS across the globe. We are thankful to have the opportunity to keep all our employees gainfully employed and expand our capacity as we embrace the evolution of our business. We have been proud members of the Pembroke community for over 15+ and we plan to continue this as we transition to a Work@Home business model. We have promised to work with you at the site level to try and make the transition work for you. Please message talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
They falsified my ROE stating that I quit when they dismissed me!!!
Their interactive training sucks... And they're constantly pushing upselling.

Management and HR isn't accessible. Once your hired you're literally on your own to face tons of tech issues and no management reform or contact as they will NEVER answer their phones or return your messages. They make a ton of promises for growth and internal promotion which is completely false. And their idea of resolution is giving you a EXIT survey to vent.
Pros
Health and Dental Benefits
Cons
Management and HR and Training
5 August 2020
We are sorry and disappointed to hear your views. As you may understand, at this time we are dealing with an extreme amount of applications as we are able to offer work@home positions to support our essential services business clients. We offer a great package, with paid training etc and all the benefits that go with working from home. We pride ourselves in our culture, training and employee career development and it is disappointing to hear your comments. We realize working from home full-time is not for everyone, and that the Contact Centre is a very specialist one. That is why our intereview process is rigorous and to give you a realistic job expectation. WE wish you well in your next position, and please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you would like to further our conversation directly.
Too stressful for the minimum wage pay. Totally not worth it. It is not a career it is rather a side earning or a part time. Everyone is micro-managed.
The repeteivness of the job will drive you mad. Every single call is a complaint. Too much negativity. They should call it the complaints department and not technical support department.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too stressful, low pay, repetitive, no collegues/no team, micro-managed
11 July 2020
We are sorry to hear your views. We are happy to take constructive criticism, but very proud of the way we have been able to support our essential business clients through this extremely difficult time whilst keeping everyone safe and employed. We pride ourselves in our culture, training, and employee career development and it is disappointing to hear your comments. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation directly.
Management doesn't care about proper training. Winy and naggy co-workers that act like they are on high-school starting drama and spreading gossip. Poor benefits. Terrible hourly pay rate and even worse shifts.
26 May 2020
We are sorry that HGS and the Call Centre industry did not live up to your expectations. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders. We are disappointed with your comments about training as we have an outstanding reputation in the industry for the way we train and develop our employees for future careers. We would like to continue this conversation to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation from a local level.
The work is stressful.but benefits are good. job security is less. Some people can work for long time. But relying for long term career is risky. Anyway people can try.
31 March 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. HGS and the Call Centre Industry is not for everyone, but our employees are very dedicated, and valuable members of our team. We offer multiple ways to help our team develop, learn and grow and progress. Our training is second to none and will set you up for a life of opportunities, by future-proofing your skills. All feedback is read and helps us to continue to develop and improve as an employer and community partner. If you would like to continue the conversation, please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com. Thank you for being a part of teams, and good luck for the future.
I highly recommend HGS. They have opportunities for advancement, take great care of their employees, competitive pay and benefits. The work atmosphere is friendly.
2 March 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and kind words. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of our company.
When I first started it seemed like a fun job, the Canada Post side of things had more benefits than Rogers (Sundays off, earlier shut-down time, higher pay, etc.) however, as the months went on it gets incredibly difficult.
Some of the team leads don't seem to care and are honestly no help in answering questions, and when you come to them with an issue (in my case mental health) they simply roll their eyes and tell you to move on.

Some of the people you work with are okay, but s*xual harassment is relatively common which is exhausting to deal with as a young woman.

I will admit it did really help with my communication skills and I've been able to learn a lot from this job, but honestly, it's not worth it.

Also sometimes they'll have in-work events like lunches and bake sales and potlucks which is a nice little treat, but sitting in front of horrible monitors for 8+ hours a day straining your customer service voice is not worth it to me.
Pros
easy overtime, good pay
Cons
unhelpful management, harassment from peers
5 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.
Pros: Benefits and Coworkers

Cons: Terrible management, impossible, expectations, toxic work environment, not family-friendly as implied in the interview, awful to pregnant and disabled workers...
27 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are sorry that your HGS experience did not live up to your expectations. We are focused on offering the very best training and support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees.  We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Its a third party call center, and it as all the things wrong with it being a third-party call center. The work is stressful, the hours were long, the pay was rubbish, management barely existant, and broken computers everywhere, and very little possibility of advancement. The benefits were good. That is it.
5 January 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Fun place to work. Great people that make you want to come to work everyday!!! Nice work/life balance. Good benefits. Great challenge for me to look after 2 sites in the IT department.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
5 January 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hinduja Global Solutions?
good company good place to work some calls can be frustrating but people understands
good activities, programmes, paid insurance dental coverAge

also other benefits
16 December 2019
You are greeted with smiles, lucrative benefit packages, referral rewards and employee appreciation days. However it doesn't take long to realize these are all simply attempts at masking the elephant in the room. Management just doesn't care. Hearing people being told that there raised concerns "aren't important" and "don't matter" was a constant and we were made to feel like just numbers, not valued human beings. Supervisor staff was often short and I, as well as fellow team members, were often asked to step away from our job duties to preform supervisor tasks, that we were not trained to do and not adequately paid for, leaving our work to pile and other ream members falling behind. If you need a paycheck you will get one here, don't plan on wanting to stay long though.
5 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback.We realise our positions are not for everyone and we do our utmost through training to support our employees, but do realize that scheduling is not always easy working for a third-party. We take your feedback seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our current and future employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation. We'd appreciate your views on how we can improve. Good luck for the future.
stressful and depressing environment but the money was nice. can work up to 60 hours a week and a minimum of 40 unless part-time. getting days off is all most impossible.
12 November 2019
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback.  It is always nice to hear from our current and former employees about the experiences they are having or have had with us.  We do pride ourselves on our culture, environment and the way that everyone is treated. As with everything there is always room for improvement, and we will definitely share your comments with our scheduling and operations team.  We appreciate your time in writing a review and for being a part of OneHGS.  Thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
I have worked in many call centers and HGS was great at first but it slowly got worse. Management was a joke. Salary was terrible. Most of my coworkers were great but the job got to a lot of us. It became very stressful and I would NOT recommend it to anyone.
12 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We realize our positions are not for everyone and we do our utmost through training to support our employees, but do realize that scheduling is not always easy working for a third-party. We take your feedback seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our current and future employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation. We'd appreciate your views on how we can improve. Good luck in the future.
Great place to work! Overtime available! Pay is great! Hours are good too. Management and coworkers are reasonable and very helpful!
Great incentives and benefits available to ALL employees! Tons of room to grow and move up!
12 November 2019
They provide health benefits.
Job is shift based job - shifts are scheduled bi-weekly; there are split shift as well which is helpful for some people.

Working form home option is also there which is great.
12 November 2019
The job offers little support for a high-stress position and the training barely covers the bare minimum of what you should know before starting on the phones. As a student, they did not offer me flexible hours as they chose everything about when I should be available. I left after they refused to pay out my correct and owed vacation pay which was a little over $300. If you like your mental health this is not the job for you
Cons
High stress, Barely get your breaks, gets aways with illegal stuff because you cannot record anything.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback. We realize our positions are not for everyone and we do our utmost through training to support our employees, but do realize that scheduling is not always easy working for a third-party. We offer full-time positions with benefits and that does not always suit a student looking to work around their school schedule. We understand it is hard to get the balance right. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our current and future employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation. We'd appreciate your views on how we can improve. Good luck in the future.
Extremely high expectations, low pay. Many reasons to end up being let go. You are only able to know when your doing something wrong reactively. So trying to stay on top is nearly impossible, and I'm still employed here saying that.
You're better off working at McDonald's as it pays more and expectations are at least reasonable.
11 November 2019
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We realize our positions are not for everyone and we do our utmost through training to support our employees. We have won many awards for our training, but recognize there are opportunities to improve. take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. As a current employee, I urge you to voice any concerns through our Voice of the Employee regular surveys. This feedback gets acted upon by our leadership teams and is monitored to help HGS improve as an employer of choice. If you would prefer to chat separately, please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Nice place to work and to restart your career here in Canada. HGS team gives us friendly and stress free environment and we can learn alot by attending various type of calls.
16 December 2019
A typical day at HGS, you sit down, handle customers over the phone for 8 hours and head home. The customers can sometimes be abusive but there isn't anything that the company can do about that.

They offer only 6 sick days, and they require you to take benefits that are way too expensive for what you get, there is no option even if you have coverage elsewhere. The pay is nice, and they can be somewhat accommodating of your situation when it comes to the hours however I was not one with such luck.

I also wouldn't plan on working here if you plan on trying to use your vacation time. I had attempted to book my vacation almost 3 months in advance for two days off and was denied, even though I had accrued the hours.

The job itself is easy enough, and you might meet some great people, however the rules are strict and it is definitely not for everybody! :)
Pros
Competitive wages, free lunches, friendly co-workers
Cons
Long days, short breaks, very strict rules, difficult to book time off, forced benefits
29 October 2019
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. The industry is not for everyone, and we realize that scheduling is not always easy working for a third-party; it can be hard to get the balance right. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS.....and yes we do like free food too! Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
Your wages, statutory holiday pay and number of personnel days are based upon your province of residence. You are not paid if you don't work the day before and after the statutory holiday. You are to be on time to begin your shift. You have the flexibility of a split shift or a full day. Attendance is crucial.
16 October 2019
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. As you know, we pride ourselves on our industry leading training and you learn sought-after transferable skills. We appreciate your time in writing a review and for being a part of OneHGS. Thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K