Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Would Avoid at all Costs
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 June 2018
They almost tell you upfront that they dont care about you by saying that they have a high turnover rate and are willing to higher anyone. They treat you as if your easily replaceable and most times there is a massive Disconnect between Managers and Staff.
Pros
Overtime is Always available
Cons
everything else
Job isn't for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 May 2018
A typical day was taking phone calls from customers about their bills or products. I learned that call centres aren't for everyone and can be stressful.
Pros
paid training
Cons
stressful job
you're just a number
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS7 May 2018
moral was low and the team leads were either great or jerks. some of the team leads were so old and not able to be replaced which makes it frustrating when you have to learn from a dinosaur.
Anxiety Central.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2018
I feel this place is good if you like to talk to people, can deal with irate customers all day long and enjoy anonymity then this is the place for you. Me on the other hand feel like I was lied to and there was no room for movement.
- Some of the floor managers are great others (HR department mainly) are cold and unfeeling and only think you are a number. Took me too many weeks to get my medical accomodation to take hold as well as they passively aggressively threaten you that you could lose your job.
I do miss all my friends and coworkers but I could not take the complaining and entitled customers. I like dealing with my customers face to face and feel like I was able to give them a resolution not pandering or suck it up buttercup.
- Benefits were great (I hear they have changed since I have been there and are not as good as when I started).
- I also didn't get paid well for all the stuff I had to deal with. This has changed since I left.
Pros
Free Food, Great People
Cons
Everything Else
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 April 2018
The staff at my location were wondering and easy to speak to if something were to happen. It was more than a work place, it was like a second home which was nice.
you have to love the work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2018
Hgs management and staff is great. They make you feel welcome and go above and beyond for you. the only think wrong is that there is no windows. And you have to be ok with being on the phones 8hrs a day.
Pros
they are always doing something for the staff
Cons
no windows
Bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 March 2018
had to deal with constant angry cust /.disputing there bills plus promotions. trying to sell items to people that don't want to spend money. trying to retain cx.
Pros
Vgh
Cons
the whole job
Pay and Benefits were good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 March 2018
There is a very high employee turnover at this place and I knew that going in. Honestly I did not expect to work there as long as I did. The people I worked with were phenomenal, although I wish I could say the same about the management.

I place no blame on the heads of the Team Leaders as their job was difficult to begin with and they were rarely given any help. The upper management while I was employed at this business was so favouritist that it was one of the main contributing factors to my leaving. That coupled with the change in clients that I was being asked to work for made the work environment so unappealing i had to leave. Shortly after I left I heard stories of the environment further deteriorating and more of the friends I had made leaving because of it.

If you are looking for a job that will offer you decent compensation and benefits for thankless work with plenty of opportunities to clock overtime, this is the job for you.
Great Place to Start but not to Stay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk11 March 2018
HGS was an equally rewarding and frustrating place to work. The hours were decent but the shifts were erratic and never followed a structure. Suggestions and grievances raised were often not dealt with in a manner that actually solved the underlying problems. That said the people who work often are happy and there is a great community sense that helps one get through tough days. I recommend the place as somewhere to start if new to working life or want a change, but i wouldn't suggest it as a viable long term workplace.
Pros
Holidays can be set at any time of year.
Cons
Shifts are often irregular at best.
12 April 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

I like to round up my star reviews, generously.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from Home27 February 2018
Pros:
- You avoid most call centre drama by doing work at home
- Training is slack, they gave us hour lunches and paid for half. It seemed like the trainer had other things to do, so really, it was something that appeared to be spun for our benefit.

Cons:
- The sense of friendship/family is a concept that was given early on several weeks in to training, it was forced and fake. Please don't. That's just bizarre, try to pay people better, maybe that will work.
- So much information that people above you should know and don't or better yet, they give you the wrong info.
- Lots of tech issues, from what I have experienced it could function better than it does.

Ultimate decision: Meh, take it on the short term if you need it, but don't get too comfortable.
Pros
work at home
Cons
tech problems
Call center
Customer service/loyalty/retention (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 February 2018
HGS is like any other call center. It has a high churn hate, mediocre management and an okay environment. When the call center first opened it was really great place to be. Everyone was happy to be there always smiling and laughing, then they started to rapid hire people into management positions that had no previous experience being a manager and really had no business being there and the environment changed. People stopped loving to work there. They stopped smiling and stopped laughing.
Pros
extra hours almost always available.
Cons
being yelled at constantly either by customers or management.
Benefits, activities and added bonuses
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 February 2018
For the most part it's a nice relaxed easy job. You take calls and sometimes alot In a day can feel overwhelming however the people next to you make the day bareable and the management and other staff generally have a great upbeat attitude, it feels nice to be able to help people with their problems.
Pros
Free activites, free cake days, upbeat attitude
Cons
Extremely restrictive breaks and luch times, very time management
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review! We very much appreciate and value your employment at HGS. People like you have are the reason why we are so successful. We wish you all the best and have a bright future:)

not sure what to put here
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 January 2018
The company has instituted programs to try to ensure it's manager's try to appreciate their employees. it seems rather forced in some ways. The actual work is dreary but the people there are generally friendly and opportunities to make a career their are pretty good.
Pros
events, company discounts
Cons
variable hours
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. We appreciate your valuable feedback. We continue to strengthen and develop our leadership so they can lead successful teams. If you would like to discuss your feedback further please send me an email at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Stressful place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2018
they keep giving you more you have to do, with no more time for the metrics. they also do not give you all the knowledge you need to do for the job, if you need help then you have to have the customer on hold for 10 minutes just to get help then you yell at you for breaking the hold allowance.
Pros
enjoyable times
Cons
fast pasted and hectic
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. At the same time, your feedback concerns us. We would love to learn more, to make things better for our employees. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Nice workplace and supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 January 2018
On a typical day the workplace is good. Very good place to work and learn about customer service . Management team is a great help to be around and which builds up into a nice workplace culture.
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review! Glad to hear that you are having a pleasant experience with HGS. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors at HGS:)

Be careful of introductory promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at Home18 January 2018
The Impression:
Focus on great customer service
great benefits package
ability to earn a commission in addition to salary
family oriented company
ability to choose your own work schedule

The reality:
Customer service with a strong push to upsell to every customer
very expensive mandatory benefits package
Nearly impossible to achieve commision plan
No regard for commitments or family responsibilities
little choice of shifts and all split shifts with late hours and often less than 2 days off..
unpaid bathroom breaks
very minimal support system
30 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

HGS disappointed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2018
When I started working I was excited and and amazed with the atmosphere, thinking how glad it wasn't like the other call center, I worked at when I was in school. I thought that it was because it's an out going call center and that would make all the differences, all I can say is it really didn't make any difference at all!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Extremely stressful
Keep it at the bottom of your job lists
Customer Relation Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 January 2018
I would say its the right place for anyone who never experienced nightmare. At all cost avoid this, no work life balance and their systems are worst then 3rd world country.
Pros
Cooworkes are good
Cons
Everything else is worse
23 February 2018

Hi, We are sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience at HGS. We would like to learn more about your concern and make things better. Kindly email us at Talk2us@teamhgs.com so that we can discuss further.

can be stressful and long hours
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 December 2017
training provided, and support is limited when on the floor taking phone calls, and can be stressful dealing with unhappy customers.
very cold, they dont turn on the heat.
Pros
free lunches, and free air miles
Cons
long hours, stressful
16 January 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you have had a pleasant experience with HGS. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Was a disapointment Work@Home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Work at Home6 December 2017
Positives
Everyone is incredibly friendly and nice
If you need help, they will help you and provide support that way
Working from home saves money on gas and time (however you do work an extra hour)

Cons
When you are being recruited you MAY be told things that are not necessarily true. example: how your hours are assigned, hours, payment for criminal record check, benefit cost...

Technology issues (its difficult to learn in training when there are many people in the class having errors of different sorts)

Paying for the phone line yourself, as well as office equipment (excluding the computer of course, that is supplied)
Pros
Friendly trainers and coworkers
Cons
8.5 hours a day (paid 8), Paying for your own phone line, Tech issues, benefit costs, pay
12 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Hinduja Global Solutions Reviews by Location