Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

growth and people
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia18 September 2018
This is a company that truly believes in growth from within and promoting within the people are amazing you are not just a number you are family. Always there is fun to keep morale up.
Pros
we eat well lots of fun
Cons
I have no cons
Workplace culture
CUSTOMER RELATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2018
I like the work environment of the HGS. It is so enjoyable and relax. I lean many things by this job. i learn the culture of Canada work place as well as the costumer service experience.
Fun work Place
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE14 September 2018
The management do a great job of making the work environment fun and relaxed. It is a safe place to work which makes the stressful nature of the job a bit more bearable .
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON10 September 2018
Staff was wonderful, facilities atmosphere could be better, always on point to the daily procedures & updates. Wonderful team support. Days were always managed properly and precisely. Long hours at times of unenjoyable continuous work. Customers can get rowdy, but that does come with expectations.
20 September 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews.HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Terrible, wouldnt recomend this to my worst enemy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  w@h7 September 2018
absolute trash, team leads and employer doesnt give 2 craps for the employee, would be an amazing job if they changed a few things, otherwise not worth wasting your time for
20 September 2018

We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

Needed work, this was the only available
wireless and cable communications customer care (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS24 August 2018
Team leads were terrible. Customers were often rude. Shifts were miserable, no chance of changing unless your a favorite of one of the leads.
Computer systems always broke down. Lack of communication from management.
11 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking for ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

Its fine
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 August 2018
The workplace is clean, the people are nice, the culture is good, hours and work itself sucks and wouldn't recommend if you get stressed out easily. Otherwise it's fine.
11 September 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. we try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, reflected in part by the many community engagement initiatives that we are involved in. .Please feel free to discuss your views further so that we may be able to understand it better. You can email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON26 July 2018
I took incoming calls regarding billing concerns. I also learnt how to work with customers based on what there needs were. I did really enjoy how the management dealt with our growth as a company.
Pros
always incentives
31 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Had VGH Voluntary Go Home
Customer service skills, computer skills, problem (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2018
Excellent training had no problem with any Managers All of the Managers showed the employees respect The benefits were excellent and the pay at the time a little low was 11.60 per hour but went up after I had left The customers were fine but some of my fellow associates on the floor I worked with were not too friendly or would not speak to you if you asked a question when they were not busy It to me was a sort of clique for some employees if certain people were working certain shifts you might have no fellow employee communication only Management would be fair so I felt left out and old.
Pros
Commission and good benefits fair management
Cons
Fellow workers snubbed you
24 July 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be a good employer with our work environment and our many community engagement initiatives to make ourselves a good corporate citizen in the locations we operate. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so we may be able to address them more personally. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 June 2018
Will make you uncomfortable but also they dont pay out full commission for your sales/work good reviews dont matter to them only care about the bad and why you are bad whether you did good that month
Pros
Cons
Stressful

Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON21 June 2018
A typical day at work would be answering the phone to customers who just placed and order with Bell for home services but were held with out department because of past overdue accounts, fraudulent activity, and low credit score. Our supervisors were there to help if we needed it, it was a stressful and hard job but it taught me a lot about that industry and what every call centre employee goes through so I have a lot more respect for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management wasn't there for us or our supervisors.
24 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Would Avoid at all Costs
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 June 2018
They almost tell you upfront that they dont care about you by saying that they have a high turnover rate and are willing to higher anyone. They treat you as if your easily replaceable and most times there is a massive Disconnect between Managers and Staff.
Pros
Overtime is Always available
Cons
everything else

Management is very supportive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 May 2018
Job is quite east but you should be punctual. Management is there for you whenever you need them. Co workers are very friendly and you will love this place

Job isn't for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 May 2018
A typical day was taking phone calls from customers about their bills or products. I learned that call centres aren't for everyone and can be stressful.
Pros
paid training
Cons
stressful job

Bad place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 May 2018
Mental stress and pressure to achieve scores , the management can lie to your face without any hesitation. Scheduling is not done properly, pay is low for the job people do there.
Pros
Cons
Whole Job
24 July 2018

Helping people is very rewarding but has its challenges too, especially when you are trying to offer the best personal experience to our customers who expect a stellar service. We are focussed on offering the best support to our employees in a relaxed and fun environment, encouraging creativity with the opportunities to grow and learn. We are sorry that in this case, we were unable to meet your expectations. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation to help us improve, and your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation. We wish all the best in your future career.

you're just a number
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS7 May 2018
moral was low and the team leads were either great or jerks. some of the team leads were so old and not able to be replaced which makes it frustrating when you have to learn from a dinosaur.

Anxiety Central.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2018
I feel this place is good if you like to talk to people, can deal with irate customers all day long and enjoy anonymity then this is the place for you. Me on the other hand feel like I was lied to and there was no room for movement.
- Some of the floor managers are great others (HR department mainly) are cold and unfeeling and only think you are a number. Took me too many weeks to get my medical accomodation to take hold as well as they passively aggressively threaten you that you could lose your job.
I do miss all my friends and coworkers but I could not take the complaining and entitled customers. I like dealing with my customers face to face and feel like I was able to give them a resolution not pandering or suck it up buttercup.
- Benefits were great (I hear they have changed since I have been there and are not as good as when I started).
- I also didn't get paid well for all the stuff I had to deal with. This has changed since I left.
Pros
Free Food, Great People
Cons
Everything Else

Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
Good working Environment. Improved Language and Technical Skills. Worked as Team in fast paced environment. Was able to understand and handle Customer issues.

Amateurish Operation
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2018
Terrible upper management; didn't see the site manager until 2.5 months into the job.
Lax internal controls.
Horrible IT system; crashes frequently.
Pros
split schedule; opportunity to add to hourly wage with attendance and performance bonuses
Cons
unprofessional environment created by lack of managerial leadership

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 April 2018
The staff at my location were wondering and easy to speak to if something were to happen. It was more than a work place, it was like a second home which was nice.
24 July 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K