Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 543 reviews matching the search See all 4,056 reviews
Fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE17 March 2019
Love to work with HGS team as it's having space for everybody. Shift timing is not really good, but otherwise right place for anybody who just wants start up with in customer service.
Pros
Treats
Cons
Late shift timing
Call Center
Call center associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 March 2019
Worst place i have ever worked in my life. The training was not thorough..so we went on to the phones with not a good understanding of how the systems worked
Pros
Cons
Call Center
11 March 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not a good fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Just do not
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 February 2019
Do not work here
Unless you enjoy being completely degraded on a regular basis by your team leaders and being told by HR that a clear HR issue isn't their issue and that you essentially need to suck it up and deal with the harassment.
11 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and would like to have a follow up with you personally to discuss your accusations further. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue this conversation.

completely not worth it
CALL CENTRE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 February 2019
The TL's are a bunch of idiots. I got fired for not making enough sales pitches right after the CRTC was investigating the sales practices the day after i made a sale. they literally do not care about their employees.
11 March 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, and take your feedback seriously. We would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Overall not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie Ontario12 February 2019
Overall not a bad place to work. Provided training. Fair wages...hours were never consistent and either were days off . Planned events for staff which was great.
11 March 2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

A sad joke. Don't make my mistake of working there.
csr (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2019
Why work for a call center? The people you work with and the chance to help customers who honestly need help given how little they know about their contract and the lack of response the company gives to proactively teach them.

Why not work for a call center? The pressure. Not from the customers themselves. Most fall into three groups, those who are honestly bewildered by their bill or a situation, those who want to know what went on and those who are playing the system because the company allows them to do so instead of setting up rules and abiding by them. The real pressure comes with the "we're not talking about sales but we really are" attitude. The upsell is there, built into the pitch as you work hard to solve the problem and open up the possibilities of what laying down some more money will accomplish.

I was very good at my job, interacting with my customers and generally doing a very good ratio of helping them. Selling is something I recognize has to be done but it's right there with cleaning the slime from a toliet. Not that the selling is bad but the sneaky way they try to orchestrate it into every conversation even though it is patently clear that the customer has absolutely no interest in it.

Selling tools. What a joke. The first day of the internet sales we were told the whole program that we were supposed to learn on was frozen and not to be used. Instead, the "leader" told us in a few minutes what we were to do. No slides, no examples. It wouldn't have been too bad but the leader I had either had a bad case of the runs for the first few months or he was
  more... with the girl who was always running up to him and occupying him while he conveniently forgot about other things. Still, we struggled through and about four weeks later, we got a binder with some info. A bit of a joke too but you take what you can get.

The reason I was fired. Pressure was brought onto all of us to perform. It was like doing dentistry without the proper tools. But most of us did well, considering what we were giving. But for all the sales that were being done by me, none of them were going through. After waiting for an answer from the "higher ups", I elected to break a rule and that was to go into the accounts, check on the sales that were supposed to happen ( they had and still have a broken mechanism for reports of sales and meanwhile, the agents feel the pressure. Eventually, through my efforts and that of a tl who actually did his job (not mine), the error was found.

So, would I take another job at a call center? Probably. Would I try as hard as I did this time. No. 6 years of supreme efforts to be dismissed without as much as 10 words of explanation. Give as little as you can, appear dumb, buy as much time as you can. Treat the leaders as they treat you.
Pros
No longer working there
Cons
The people they call tls and above.
fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2019
high demand, alot of stress, to much office politics, mangers are rude to people for no reason. everyone is for themselves. they dont respect peoples at all and they have no safe allergies policy.
Pros
close to bus route
Cons
they are abusive
7 March 2019

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, reflected in part by the many community engagement initiatives that we are involved in. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Overall
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 February 2019
It was fun at first with this company. But then it got real competitive and fast. I really enjoyed working there just wish we had our own cubical because people get sick ALOT there.
7 March 2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Great opportunity for those who hate to commute
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Work from Home29 January 2019
The daily grind involves logging into a computer network, and working in quiet isolation to provide service and care to clients.
You will be expected to think on your feet and be independent once training is finished.
Pros
Advancement leads to better hours, and employee perks!
Cons
the initial 9 hour days in somewhat isolation from the rest of the world.
11 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Scheduling
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS29 January 2019
Had to submit availability each month and sometimes the hours requested weren't given making it inconvenient. Tried to keep employees engaged in work.
7 March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow.That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Warm environment
Inbound Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2019
The good thing about the company is that the colleagues and employees are kind and supportive and the environment its supportive of you. the trainings are detailed and long so you dont have to jump at taking calls.
13 February 2019

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. We always try and customise our training to fit employees: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/2008449879220791/?type=3&theater Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Good Managment
Customer Sale & Services Representative (Former Employee) –  CA18 January 2019
Very Nice Experience to work with professionals that really encourage the people to work hard.
They identify the mistakes to do the corrections not to harm you.
Pros
Nice Work environment
Cons
Requires sitting
13 February 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together.We have many team players who go out of their way to help those in need; here’s one such example : https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/2039333809465731/
Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada. "

Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS16 January 2019
The people you work with are generally amazing. The local management is reasonable and willing to help you work through any issues you have on both a personal and professional level while never being intrusive.

The pay could be better but the benefits are great.

The only issue is with the customers and the script you are expected to read to them. The script is clearly made by a person who has never actually met or talked to another human being and at least a third of customers will have you looking at the door out wondering if the job is really worth it.

If you don't mind being yelled at this is the place for you.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Terrible customers
13 February 2019

Helping people is very rewarding but has its challenges too, especially when you are trying to offer the best personal experience to customers who may be frustrated as the result of a problem they are encountering. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees in a relaxed and engaging environment. We try to encourage creativity and provide opportunities to learn and grow. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees.  We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Not A Place To Work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2019
I would recogmend even my own worst enemy to work here. I am a previous employee and i was one of the first people through the doors to this place and it started out great, It was fun and exciting and i really enjoyed the staff/management and we all had a wonderful time but then 6 months into the job and everything completly changed. Stat ranking became harder to achieve while morale went down the toilet and it was getting more and more difficult to achieve my tasks. Needless to say I Invested 4 years of my life in this place and I had noth to show for it not even any measly raises for the whole time i was there now if i was such a terrable employee then why was i kept withithout a raise. This was brought up meany times and I just was given no straight answers. if you were just up front and honest with me i would have till been there to this day however that is not possable. I have even attempted to go back and give another chance but was informed that i am not elagible for rehire which when i left i was told i would be. This company is full of nothing but lies and false promises.
Pros
Medical benifits and people you work with
Cons
Politics and policies of the company
11 March 2019

worse place I have ever worked & I worked at butler's before!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON14 January 2019
Short training program. No way to cover the possibilities of calls you will get. No "dummy" accounts in training to practice on. No note taking and no training manual. You have to memorize everything as you go. Floor support, known as SME's have different answers to the same questions. A large number of calls are dealing with mistakes from other agents and other centers (sp data being the worse) yet you are expected to make sales offers on at least 60% of your calls. Extremely slow computers and disgraceful chairs. You will spend your first 3-5 mins every day trying to find a decent chair. Constant turnover of coworkers. Training groups start out with 15 or so people and are down to 5 or so within days of on the floor experience. Upper management has no compassion for employees.They try to portray a fun workplace with PJ days etc but that's just to create a distraction to the reality. Position is advertised as Customer Service Rep- but is really a sales position.
Pros
VGH- some nice people
Cons
just about everything else
13 February 2019

"Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you."

I wouldnt waste my time again
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2019
Terrible place to work. Coworkers were amazing. Management didnt help the new workers so the team needed to help each other out. Human Resources Managers are terrible as Theyve never worked the phones before you never see them as they prefer to Hibernate in their office or outside smoking If you are not part of the possy than you are snubbed deeply.
You are constantly on the phones getting yelled at by the public.
High standards, high expectations with very low help!!!
Pros
Free swag sometimes, awesome coworkers
Cons
Need new HR Team, one that cares for the employees and not look at them as numbers
13 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We are sorry that in this case we were unable to meet your expectations. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Very relaxing environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON5 January 2019
The environment at work is very satisfying and relaxing. If I do not know anything I would go and ask someone, and they would be more than happy to help me out with the situation and help the customer.
Pros
Celebrating all the festivals
Cons
Customers can abuse sometimes
20 January 2019

"Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. We have many team players who go out of their way to help those in need; here’s one such example: https://www.facebook.com/HGSCanadaInc/photos/a.363467280385734/2002265219839257/?type=3&theater

would never do again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 January 2019
i would never tell anyone to work in a call center however this one was not to bad except a few of the team leaders were tools and didnt know there rules and regulations when it came to labor codes
20 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Great Way to Get Started in Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 December 2018
My typical day at work involves showing up about 20-30 minutes early to load my programs, go through emails, and check out alerts. The recommended time to show up is 10-15 minutes early to load your system and set up your work space but I enjoy the extra time to make sure I'm up to date on information. I take inbound calls for 8.5 hours and typically have breaks every 2 to 2 1/2 hours, e.g. start at 9, break at ~11:15, half hour lunch at ~1:45, break at ~5:30, end at 6.

I've learned a lot about customer service, providing great customer care, time management, punctuality, notating accounts, reviewing bills, and discussing services with customers.

The workplace culture is great. For the most part, it's laid back. Attire is generally relaxed, e.g. hoodies and jeans. You can dress up formally or fashionably if you want to, it's just not required for agents. The break room has two TVs, a private bathroom, a female bathroom, a male bathroom, 3 computers for employee use, a charging station for phones, 3-4 fridges to store lunches, 2-4 vending machines, a water cooler, and a couple of tables with 3-6 chairs each.

Colleagues are an asset. At my location, colleagues help each other with things. If I forget how to perform X task, my desk neighbour knows and can help me. If my neighbour forgets how to do Y, I can help her, and vice versa. Always be polite and help your neighbours and colleagues; inter-work relationships and connections are a big plus. I'm friendly with everyone and definitely have made 15+ friends just from befriending my entire class that I trained with.

more...
The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers, especially when they want to talk to a manager. Some customers have their mind made up that they're ready for a "fight" to get what they want and will scream, cry, argue, and berate you. It's not often that it gets that bad but there's definitely a few a week. You do get used to it. Working during holidays is the WORST. Customers want you to match deals they're offered elsewhere which usually is impossible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is a) when I'm actually able to help customers and they are genuinely grateful instead of shrugging me off, and b) seeing my colleagues. Without making the great connections I have I definitely would find work 90% less enjoyable. Colleagues provide a great support system, help you when you need it, are there to talk between calls, and genuinely help you stay upbeat after a rough call.
Pros
Lots of training and support, benefits after 3 months, employee discount after 6 months, 6 personal emergency days, unpaid vacation, paid vacation with accumulated hours, sometimes free lunches and snacks in the break room, half hour lunch
Cons
Long hours if you don't like working 8.5 hours but you can try for split shifts or part-time work, likely get afternoon shift, rude customers swearing or screaming in your ear, 3-4 programs to learn but not hard once you do
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 December 2018
Extremely dusty/dingy environment. Terrible training for newcomers. Unprofessional management and leaders. Unethical work practices with customers. Customers can't cancel service without being transferred around untill call is dropped purposely. Poor communication to employees about vital info. People get hired into management through hugging/flirting and knowing people in the company. Discrimination shown indirectly and sometimes directly. Hours get cut back permanently last minute by manager on a 1 day notice.
Overtime never gets approved, even if applied 2 weeks prior. Stinky raw body-onion smelling company with no stability or incentive. Please report to the CRTC.
All the truth and they won't change any of it bc nothing is professional there anf they don't have a clue or ability to do better.
Pros
Anyone in the city will get hired here
Cons
Computer programs, ridiculous workplace practices
20 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We consider our employees our biggest investments, and we do everything in our power to make sure they are well supported in their roles. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you so we can understand better where we should improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K