Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Job security and leadership roles available
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS15 December 2017
They are a good company to work for but a lot of night shift . Need to be very flexible to maintained employment. Great benifets life insurance ECT . Shift voting done by seniority .
Pros
Very scocial and lots of treating and fun for employees
Cons
Night shift .
Was a disapointment Work@Home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Work at Home6 December 2017
Positives
Everyone is incredibly friendly and nice
If you need help, they will help you and provide support that way
Working from home saves money on gas and time (however you do work an extra hour)

Cons
When you are being recruited you MAY be told things that are not necessarily true. example: how your hours are assigned, hours, payment for criminal record check, benefit cost...

Technology issues (its difficult to learn in training when there are many people in the class having errors of different sorts)

Paying for the phone line yourself, as well as office equipment (excluding the computer of course, that is supplied)
Pros
Friendly trainers and coworkers
Cons
8.5 hours a day (paid 8), Paying for your own phone line, Tech issues, benefit costs, pay
12 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with HGS! However, we're concerned by your feedback. We'd like to know more, please get in touch with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Terrible Work Place but amazing Co-workers
MSD (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 November 2017
Start of the day taking calls, A none stop flow of them boom you want to take a bathroom break you will not be paid for that! You take 2 minutes to write notes in the account total harassment. You want to know an answer to some thing that you don't know because the training barely teaches you anything, oh wait not even the manager know so you are Sol there. Want to get lied to on every consern you have? HGS is there for you!
My Co-worker where great and where the only reason I stayed 6 months longer then I should of.
Pros
The people around you, aside from magament
Cons
Hard getting vacation, never get the hours you are promised, alot of lying, miss managed, you are just another person to them.
Dont
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 November 2017
Don't really want to talk blah blah blah something something something. I don't work there anymore. Moved out of town. I don't miss working there.
this warkd place is ok to work for awhile, there is some fun but it is not family friendly
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2017
Typical day: you come 10 min before your shift starts log in to your workrspace, and launch all the other apps. You MUST start at exact time, then call by call, 2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch better to take at the time its is schedule otherwise it can effect your score card;

Learned: improved customer service experience,
Management: some TLs are super, some are jerks, there is lack of communication between higher management team like HR-Site manager-floor manager that makes work environment stressful;
Workplace culture: needs improvement, a lot of people never say hi or hello even if yesterday they talked to you or helped you which makes work-environment unpleasant place to be; technically you need to make one or two friends to fill comfortable to sit with and have fun between calls ( if there is such a thing).
Hardest part of the job: is the system that crashes constantly, it could be 3-5 times a day and when you are on the call.
Most enjoyable: some calls are super, and new friends: its a great job for singles or no kids people or students while looking for a dream job or doing schooling, may be retires.
Pros
paycheck and benefits
Cons
shifts and unhealthy free snacks (chocolate bars and pizza)
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you had supportive co-workers when you worked with HGS. At the same time, we would like to learn more about your feedback. Please provide us further details @ talk2us@teamhgs.com, helping us to improve.

Productive and fun workplace to eploy in with food
Fido Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 November 2017
Hgs was an amazing place to work all around, the staff was well trained and very nice and polite
The trainers were very well educated and the info was easily well to obtain for a new coming to the call center workforce
The fundraisers were well worse the negative customers
Pros
Environmental fundraiser events were amazingly fun while till maintaining work ethic
Cons
had to leave
3 December 2017

Hi, great to see your feedback :) We are glad that you enjoyed learning and growing with HGS. We wish you all the best in your upcoming career opportunities waiting for you in HGS.

good start if you are broke
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 October 2017
Minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
Healthy job environment. People like help each other.
Very rare chances of any pay increments.
Pros
good start if you are broke
Cons
minimum pay and less chances of any professional progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

always there to assist you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON26 October 2017
fun days ex, pajama days, fun games on holidays
choice of overtime
great training class, makes sure they cover everything, and are always there for extra help
awesome work environment, friendly co-workers
3 December 2017

Hi, great to see your feedback :) Happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! We wish you all the best!

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philippines24 October 2017
Actually this is my first job and first bpo company as well. But im looking for a well compensated work for my kids. I have 3 kids and my salary here is really not enough. Hope i could find it here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Shifts are inconsistent and start times vary between the days of the week. Other than that it's a wonderful place to work, with good co workers and an excellent staff committed to your progress.
3 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. Rotational shifts are unavoidable in our business as we schedule to meet our customer demand. We do wish you success in all your future endeavors!

Want to know more about Hinduja Global Solutions?

Ask a question
Great staff, fair wages
Rogers Consolidated Loyalty (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 October 2017
The staff is very supportive and team oriented. Training and support continues on the production floor. There are many opportunities for additional commissions and bonuses
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for taking your time to share your experience at HGS, and we're pleased to see that you enjoying working with us! We aim to provide equal learning and growth opportunities for all our employees. Wishing you a great future with HGS.

not the best place to work just a good environement
Inbound Bilingual Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 September 2017
i was not very haooy working their after a while they just didnt care about us being sick or just not wanting to be yelled at by our cx made the job very hard and they did not acomodate the emotional part of the job at all

Hgs
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS12 September 2017
The job culture and the people were awesome. Talking to especially the nice field reps as well as customers made a day go by super quick. Also people were very willing to help. Overall really enjoyed my experience
Pros
job culture
Cons
small pay

robot
Work as a member in team based setting (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON7 September 2017
you will hate it but its a job anyone can get and has the benefit of benefits. stick to it and better shifts are available. it has appeal depending on your job preference and work desire
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're happy to hear that you had fun and enjoyed your working environment with us! A good leader is important for any employee, and we're glad that your supervisors made you feel comfortable. We'd like to know more about your feedback regarding compensation. Please get in touch with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Workplace break room really made a difference in working the shifts
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON3 September 2017
Great, understanding management at HGS Canada North Bay. Really Personable, and professional. Would recommend to anyone looking for full time work that is technically inclined and good personable skills.
Pros
Employee appreciation weeks, great management
Cons
Sitting all day, Customer Service
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for choosing HGS! We are happy that you are enjoying your work in HGS. We always aim to ensure our employees have a great experience and we wish you all the best in your continuing career.

A great family type work environment
Customer Care Represenative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON14 August 2017
When i worked here i felt like i was not just part of a team but part of a family. I loved everything about this job, if it weren't for personal reasons i would have stayed for a very long time. I learned most of my communication skills from working at HGS. A normal day at work was usually busy, but you always show up to work smiling because the coworkers are so amazing! I found the hardest part f the job to be the angry customers, but the best part was definitely just being with everyone around me and helping our appreciative customers.
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your review. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with great supportive people. Wishing you all the best!

Fun and easy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours and friendly and helpful employees. Easy job once you get used to it, and is not very stressful. Easy access to overtime hours.
Pros
Flexible hours and great benefits
Cons
low wages
4 December 2017

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. We're so pleased to see that you are enjoying working with us! If you have any further feedback please connect with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Not worth your time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 August 2017
You go in and immediately log into your system, having someone yelling at you within the first 30seconds you step foot into the building. You are promised a higher pay than you receive, as the wage decreased back down to minimum wage (11.60). Days drag on and its honestly not worth your time to have customers scream at you and tell you to kill yourself all day. HR says accommodations are made regularly for employees, but rarely are they ever actually put through.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything else

Worst company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS23 July 2017
Don't even waste your time. Unless its for the training period only. Worst most ridiculous company. Ridiculous impossible rules that change almost daily.
I can't say enough bad things. Just you've been warned
Pros
Cons
All of it

a good start
agent (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON13 July 2017
HGS is the place to start out to get experience. While the management tries to do their best, some feel like they've been left behind or ignored. However, for a first time job it'll give you patience and the ability to understand that "say it with a smile" truly works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.