Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update
Information from Hinduja Global Solutions:

Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada726 reviews
You must be able to handle very frustrated customers. Often phone customers are very passionate about their problems.
You need to be able to handle anger from callers.
Pros
reward points program
Cons
Angry customers screaming during the calls
23 June 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. HGS and the Call Centre Industry is not for everyone we appreciate, but our employees are very dedicated, and valuable members of our team. Our hiring process is very robust, open, and honest to set the job expectations t to be very realistic. We offer multiple ways to help our team develop, learn, and grow and progress. Our training is second to none and will set you up for a life of opportunities, by future-proofing you with the necessary transferable skills. Thank you for being a part of teams, and good luck for the future.
The job was advertised the low wage of $13, but only paid $11.25 during training, which left a sour taste in my mouth. The training was fine, but the work load they put on you when you were done was ridiculous, and the hillbilly supervisors have no empathy, and look to criticize any little thing, and nothing was good enough. Decided one day to take this company for a ride at that point until they let me go. I ended up getting a different work from home cll center job that paid 3 more dollars an hour and is much better managed and infinitely less stressful. Hold out for somethong better.
Pros
Training
Cons
Work culture, expectations, pay, arrogant uneducated hillbillies in management.
Too stressful for the minimum wage pay. Totally not worth it. It is not a career it is rather a side earning or a part time. Everyone is micro-managed.
The repeteivness of the job will drive you mad. Every single call is a complaint. Too much negativity. They should call it the complaints department and not technical support department.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too stressful, low pay, repetitive, no collegues/no team, micro-managed
I have not been with the company for long, but like many call centers the training is not so bad. The transition to the job is pure chaos!
Team leaders that play head games or are not managment material . They are in the position simply because they have been there a long time. I hate to say but had shed a few tears of frustration
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Pay is lower than a lot of call centres mostly split shifts
3 July 2020
We are sorry to hear your views. We are happy to take constructive criticism, but we must point out, we have been able to support our essential business clients through this extremely difficult time whilst keeping everyone safe and employed. We pride ourselves in our culture, training, and employee career development and it is disappointing to hear your comments. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation directly.
It was being told to build an airplane with no instructions and having your hands tied behind your back. Oh and do it within this timefframe with no mistakes.
29 June 2020
Thanks for your interesting comments. I am not sure if you are mistaking us for another company, but at HGS, our industry-leading training offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Good luck in the future.
everything is ok, but due COVID19 I had to start working from home and after that so many things changed.. so no harm in looking for other offers outside.
13 June 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback and kind words. It has certainly been a challenging time, but we are very proud of our team at HGS how they have adapted and continue to support our essential business clients. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve with valuable feedback. HGS Canada is always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.
Good management team with lots of different things to learn . Many skills such as communication was learned and a lot o f things that were fun such as lunches and different events for charity
10 June 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and kind words. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It also helps us to improve. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS. We appreciate your comments.
Worst place in world , modern day slavery, don’t give a f**k to employees , Too much partiality, management is really bad , even one person control whole work place
Pros
Cons
Alots
10 June 2020
We are sorry to hear your views. We are happy to take constructive criticism, but we must point out, we have been able to support our essential business clients through this extremely difficult time whilst keeping everyone safe and employed. We pride ourselves in our culture, and it is disappointing to hear your comments. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation directly.
It's a simple call center. the pay is decent, and people tend to support you well. there are weeks where you are made to work more the 8 hours a day and there are busy days which will bring you to tears but it generally an alright job.
2 June 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and kind words. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.
It is soul sucking work the building is leaking and falling apart the work environment is stressful and not supportive they do some things that dont abide by the by laws will never work their again abuseive work place
2 June 2020
We are upset with your comments. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders. We have thousands of agents who have fulfilling careers with HGD across the globe, and it is disappointing to hear your comments. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hinduja Global Solutions?
Only if you want to work from home and internet is fast enough. So not of you live in the country like I do. So I don't think I'll have a job come August which sucks cause I'm really good at my job
2 June 2020
Your feedback has been noted and shared with our Pembroke leadership team. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders, but we are saddened by your comments. We have thousands of agents who have developed their skills into fulfilling careers with HGS across the globe. We are thankful to have the opportunity to keep all our employees gainfully employed and expand our capacity as we embrace the evolution of our business. We have been proud members of the Pembroke community for over 15+ and we plan to continue this as we transition to a Work@Home business model. We have promised to work with you at the site level to try and make the transition work for you. Please message talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Management seemed more interested in looking for the things you do wrong and write ups. Management said power failure or internet down does not count against you, that's not correct. Even though you couldn't get a reference number that didnt matter. They wanted you answer the phone a certain way and if you didnt you got a verbal warning. Then they changed it but it was still on your file. uouvverbal.
2 June 2020
We are sorry that HGS and the Call Centre industry did not live up to your expectations. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
I have learned a lot from my experience, workplace culture is so good and enjoyable. Everyone is so helpful. Job is somewhat hard and stressful but company makes a honest effort employees feel welcome and appreciated. Thanks for all memories.
26 May 2020
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback and kind words. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Our workplace culture means so much to us, so thank you for highlighting this. Thank you for being part of OneHGS and all the best in your future endeavors.
Management doesn't care about proper training. Winy and naggy co-workers that act like they are on high-school starting drama and spreading gossip. Poor benefits. Terrible hourly pay rate and even worse shifts.
26 May 2020
We are sorry that HGS and the Call Centre industry did not live up to your expectations. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders. We are disappointed with your comments about training as we have an outstanding reputation in the industry for the way we train and develop our employees for future careers. We would like to continue this conversation to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation from a local level.
The company makes an honest effort to make employees feel welcome and appreciated.

On the other hand, the work performed is absolutely exhausting. Dealing with customers of cell phone companies is just really thankless.
26 May 2020
Have to work under stress and solve customers' problems. Management could take more initiative to support agents to solve customers' problems. HGS Dartmouth site management is helpful.
16 May 2020
Professional and wonderful people who work as a team. They always have a solution to problems and are patient with you. Job security is a priority of management
2 May 2020
They overwork and underappreciate and underpaying their employees. They dont care about anything except making money. Management can't keep their own heads out of their rear ends!!
25 April 2020
We are sorry that HGS and the Call Centre industry did not live up to your expectations. We are happy to take constructive criticism as it helps us to develop our business/training and leaders. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Really enjoyed working @ HGS. Learned about quality and accuracy of work. Improved my communication skills, ability to meet established goals and deadlines.
Pros
relaxed work home environment
Cons
Long calling hours
18 April 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and kind words. It is a pleasure to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have with us. We do read everyone and try and act on them. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS, and the all the best in your future career.
Great place to work, management is fantastic! You work from home and they supply all necessary equipment The job itself can be a stressful but the company is wonderful
14 April 2020
Had schedule trouble with working around family life. Not able to accommodate to make it work. Training was good and the help support was good overall
14 April 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. HGS and the Call Centre Industry is not for everyone, but our employees are very dedicated, and valuable members of our team. We offer multiple ways to help our team develop, learn and grow and progress. Our training is second to none and will set you up for a life of opportunities, by future-proofing your skills. All feedback is read and helps us to continue to develop and improve as an employer and community partner. If you would like to continue the conversation, please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com. Thank you for being a part of TeamHGS, and good luck for the future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.
1.9K