Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Had VGH Voluntary Go Home
Customer service skills, computer skills, problem (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2018
Excellent training had no problem with any Managers All of the Managers showed the employees respect The benefits were excellent and the pay at the time a little low was 11.60 per hour but went up after I had left The customers were fine but some of my fellow associates on the floor I worked with were not too friendly or would not speak to you if you asked a question when they were not busy It to me was a sort of clique for some employees if certain people were working certain shifts you might have no fellow employee communication only Management would be fair so I felt left out and old.
Pros
Commission and good benefits fair management
Cons
Fellow workers snubbed you
Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON28 June 2018
Will make you uncomfortable but also they dont pay out full commission for your sales/work good reviews dont matter to them only care about the bad and why you are bad whether you did good that month
Pros
Cons
Stressful
Would Avoid at all Costs
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON1 June 2018
They almost tell you upfront that they dont care about you by saying that they have a high turnover rate and are willing to higher anyone. They treat you as if your easily replaceable and most times there is a massive Disconnect between Managers and Staff.
Pros
Overtime is Always available
Cons
everything else
Management is very supportive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 May 2018
Job is quite east but you should be punctual. Management is there for you whenever you need them. Co workers are very friendly and you will love this place
Job isn't for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 May 2018
A typical day was taking phone calls from customers about their bills or products. I learned that call centres aren't for everyone and can be stressful.
Pros
paid training
Cons
stressful job
Bad place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE13 May 2018
Mental stress and pressure to achieve scores , the management can lie to your face without any hesitation. Scheduling is not done properly, pay is low for the job people do there.
Pros
Cons
Whole Job
you're just a number
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS7 May 2018
moral was low and the team leads were either great or jerks. some of the team leads were so old and not able to be replaced which makes it frustrating when you have to learn from a dinosaur.
Anxiety Central.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2018
I feel this place is good if you like to talk to people, can deal with irate customers all day long and enjoy anonymity then this is the place for you. Me on the other hand feel like I was lied to and there was no room for movement.
- Some of the floor managers are great others (HR department mainly) are cold and unfeeling and only think you are a number. Took me too many weeks to get my medical accomodation to take hold as well as they passively aggressively threaten you that you could lose your job.
I do miss all my friends and coworkers but I could not take the complaining and entitled customers. I like dealing with my customers face to face and feel like I was able to give them a resolution not pandering or suck it up buttercup.
- Benefits were great (I hear they have changed since I have been there and are not as good as when I started).
- I also didn't get paid well for all the stuff I had to deal with. This has changed since I left.
Pros
Free Food, Great People
Cons
Everything Else
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2018
Good working Environment. Improved Language and Technical Skills. Worked as Team in fast paced environment. Was able to understand and handle Customer issues.
Amateurish Operation
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2018
Terrible upper management; didn't see the site manager until 2.5 months into the job.
Lax internal controls.
Horrible IT system; crashes frequently.
Pros
split schedule; opportunity to add to hourly wage with attendance and performance bonuses
Cons
unprofessional environment created by lack of managerial leadership
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 April 2018
The staff at my location were wondering and easy to speak to if something were to happen. It was more than a work place, it was like a second home which was nice.
you have to love the work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2018
Hgs management and staff is great. They make you feel welcome and go above and beyond for you. the only think wrong is that there is no windows. And you have to be ok with being on the phones 8hrs a day.
Pros
they are always doing something for the staff
Cons
no windows
Stressful but Rewarding
Phone Customer Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 April 2018
enjoyed my time at hgs the people there are great the work there is average a call center stressful but coworkers are what make it a good job. After 5 years working customer service and tech support, 2 years with hgs, Personally i found a few complications but no major complaints, i had lost this job do to missing days of work, most were do to my mother being in the hospital, my only complaint is the way things ended other then that i had a great 2 plus years there.
Pros
coworkers, half the Managers were good
Cons
not flexible hours
Bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 March 2018
had to deal with constant angry cust /.disputing there bills plus promotions. trying to sell items to people that don't want to spend money. trying to retain cx.
Pros
Vgh
Cons
the whole job
Pay and Benefits were good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 March 2018
There is a very high employee turnover at this place and I knew that going in. Honestly I did not expect to work there as long as I did. The people I worked with were phenomenal, although I wish I could say the same about the management.

I place no blame on the heads of the Team Leaders as their job was difficult to begin with and they were rarely given any help. The upper management while I was employed at this business was so favouritist that it was one of the main contributing factors to my leaving. That coupled with the change in clients that I was being asked to work for made the work environment so unappealing i had to leave. Shortly after I left I heard stories of the environment further deteriorating and more of the friends I had made leaving because of it.

If you are looking for a job that will offer you decent compensation and benefits for thankless work with plenty of opportunities to clock overtime, this is the job for you.
Not a good place to work
Helpdesk Associate (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON12 March 2018
Scheduling is not consistent from one week to the next. Shift bid preferences are not respected. The wages are only now decent with the change to minimum wage. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Great Place to Start but not to Stay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk11 March 2018
HGS was an equally rewarding and frustrating place to work. The hours were decent but the shifts were erratic and never followed a structure. Suggestions and grievances raised were often not dealt with in a manner that actually solved the underlying problems. That said the people who work often are happy and there is a great community sense that helps one get through tough days. I recommend the place as somewhere to start if new to working life or want a change, but i wouldn't suggest it as a viable long term workplace.
Pros
Holidays can be set at any time of year.
Cons
Shifts are often irregular at best.
Official response from Hinduja Global Solutions
12 April 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

I enjoyed working here
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 March 2018
Its Simple.
Id love to regale you a story of some amazing event or why its great to work for HGS. But essentially they tell you what the job is and what the rules are and you either follow them or you don't. At HGS you are a number. but if you just do your job and go home....nobody says anything to you. as somebody who loves to just go in, do my job and go home.... I say thank GOD for HGS
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
learn able fun in working
T.V tech Support (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 February 2018
HGS taught me a lot about patience and handling of customer and after every 3 months they gave employer a free lunch that could be sandwiches or pizza
I like to round up my star reviews, generously.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from Home27 February 2018
Pros:
- You avoid most call centre drama by doing work at home
- Training is slack, they gave us hour lunches and paid for half. It seemed like the trainer had other things to do, so really, it was something that appeared to be spun for our benefit.

Cons:
- The sense of friendship/family is a concept that was given early on several weeks in to training, it was forced and fake. Please don't. That's just bizarre, try to pay people better, maybe that will work.
- So much information that people above you should know and don't or better yet, they give you the wrong info.
- Lots of tech issues, from what I have experienced it could function better than it does.

Ultimate decision: Meh, take it on the short term if you need it, but don't get too comfortable.
Pros
work at home
Cons
tech problems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K