Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Found 239 reviews matching the search See all 3,557 reviews
Not A Place To Work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2019
I would recogmend even my own worst enemy to work here. I am a previous employee and i was one of the first people through the doors to this place and it started out great, It was fun and exciting and i really enjoyed the staff/management and we all had a wonderful time but then 6 months into the job and everything completly changed. Stat ranking became harder to achieve while morale went down the toilet and it was getting more and more difficult to achieve my tasks. Needless to say I Invested 4 years of my life in this place and I had noth to show for it not even any measly raises for the whole time i was there now if i was such a terrable employee then why was i kept withithout a raise. This was brought up meany times and I just was given no straight answers. if you were just up front and honest with me i would have till been there to this day however that is not possable. I have even attempted to go back and give another chance but was informed that i am not elagible for rehire which when i left i was told i would be. This company is full of nothing but lies and false promises.
Pros
Medical benifits and people you work with
Cons
Politics and policies of the company
Not bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS16 January 2019
The people you work with are generally amazing. The local management is reasonable and willing to help you work through any issues you have on both a personal and professional level while never being intrusive.

The pay could be better but the benefits are great.

The only issue is with the customers and the script you are expected to read to them. The script is clearly made by a person who has never actually met or talked to another human being and at least a third of customers will have you looking at the door out wondering if the job is really worth it.

If you don't mind being yelled at this is the place for you.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Terrible customers
Had VGH Voluntary Go Home
Customer service skills, computer skills, problem (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 July 2018
Excellent training had no problem with any Managers All of the Managers showed the employees respect The benefits were excellent and the pay at the time a little low was 11.60 per hour but went up after I had left The customers were fine but some of my fellow associates on the floor I worked with were not too friendly or would not speak to you if you asked a question when they were not busy It to me was a sort of clique for some employees if certain people were working certain shifts you might have no fellow employee communication only Management would be fair so I felt left out and old.
Pros
Commission and good benefits fair management
Cons
Fellow workers snubbed you
24 July 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be a good employer with our work environment and our many community engagement initiatives to make ourselves a good corporate citizen in the locations we operate. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so we may be able to address them more personally. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 December 2018
Extremely dusty/dingy environment. Terrible training for newcomers. Unprofessional management and leaders. Unethical work practices with customers. Customers can't cancel service without being transferred around untill call is dropped purposely. Poor communication to employees about vital info. People get hired into management through hugging/flirting and knowing people in the company. Discrimination shown indirectly and sometimes directly. Hours get cut back permanently last minute by manager on a 1 day notice.
Overtime never gets approved, even if applied 2 weeks prior. Stinky raw body-onion smelling company with no stability or incentive. Please report to the CRTC.
All the truth and they won't change any of it bc nothing is professional there anf they don't have a clue or ability to do better.
Pros
Anyone in the city will get hired here
Cons
Computer programs, ridiculous workplace practices
worse place I have ever worked & I worked at butler's before!
CSR (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON14 January 2019
Short training program. No way to cover the possibilities of calls you will get. No "dummy" accounts in training to practice on. No note taking and no training manual. You have to memorize everything as you go. Floor support, known as SME's have different answers to the same questions. A large number of calls are dealing with mistakes from other agents and other centers (sp data being the worse) yet you are expected to make sales offers on at least 60% of your calls. Extremely slow computers and disgraceful chairs. You will spend your first 3-5 mins every day trying to find a decent chair. Constant turnover of coworkers. Training groups start out with 15 or so people and are down to 5 or so within days of on the floor experience. Upper management has no compassion for employees.They try to portray a fun workplace with PJ days etc but that's just to create a distraction to the reality. Position is advertised as Customer Service Rep- but is really a sales position.
Pros
VGH- some nice people
Cons
just about everything else
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 November 2018
I've got only some things to say about the employees there they are amazing I've worked with some of best the management could be better to be fairly honest it was garbage they didn't run the place properly at all, to be honest.

KUDOS to the classmates I had and to those who I met keep on working hard strive for greatness and don't let anyone hold you back.
I will say I did enjoy working here it was indeed an honor to work with a great bunch of classy people.
Pros
lunch, make friends with fellow coworkers which is awesome cool events.
Cons
system failure, out of date machinery
6 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking at ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.

I wouldnt waste my time again
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2019
Terrible place to work. Coworkers were amazing. Management didnt help the new workers so the team needed to help each other out. Human Resources Managers are terrible as Theyve never worked the phones before you never see them as they prefer to Hibernate in their office or outside smoking If you are not part of the possy than you are snubbed deeply.
You are constantly on the phones getting yelled at by the public.
High standards, high expectations with very low help!!!
Pros
Free swag sometimes, awesome coworkers
Cons
Need new HR Team, one that cares for the employees and not look at them as numbers
productive and fun
Inbound Sales and customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 December 2018
they provide flexible hours and a conducive working environment. colourful and dynamic, there is always something changing. salary increase was nice too
17 December 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community engages teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Customer service representative review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 December 2018
I was employed with this company for about 4 months prior to being with another at home company with Apple. Yes. Your training will be fun bit your system and IT support you will get is practically non-existent
You will end up troubleshooting your own computer issues, you will find that other employees will be given priority, as long as they do not complain.
This company has a high employee turnover rate and even though it offers benefits you will have to work overtime to be able to afford them! And their plan is not a very good one at that.
Prepare to use a lot of your own cell phone data and calls because this is how they communicate.
Every week you will have to fight over what type of schedule you will get since it is done on a scale of your performance.
If you live in Newfoundland, or Atlantic provinces that have bad weather or power outages Exedra, you will not get paid! And I will only say one thing about the company's HR policies, take a close look of what provinces they hire from. They will only hire Canadians in provinces with the lowest minimum wages, that is your key indication that this company is 100% totally profit-driven and has no care for its employees whatsoever. You can ask the many people that have came and gone with this company
17 December 2018

Thank you for the candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that your HGS experience was not the perfect fit for you. We try to be an engaging employer by creating a positive work environment, reflected in part by the many community engagement initiatives that we are involved in. We take your feedback seriously and we would like to discuss your views further so that we may be able to address the issues that you raise. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further the two-way conversation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Pay and Benefits were good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 March 2018
There is a very high employee turnover at this place and I knew that going in. Honestly I did not expect to work there as long as I did. The people I worked with were phenomenal, although I wish I could say the same about the management.

I place no blame on the heads of the Team Leaders as their job was difficult to begin with and they were rarely given any help. The upper management while I was employed at this business was so favouritist that it was one of the main contributing factors to my leaving. That coupled with the change in clients that I was being asked to work for made the work environment so unappealing i had to leave. Shortly after I left I heard stories of the environment further deteriorating and more of the friends I had made leaving because of it.

If you are looking for a job that will offer you decent compensation and benefits for thankless work with plenty of opportunities to clock overtime, this is the job for you.
24 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset, and we are always looking for ways to help our team to develop, learn and grow. We have many training initiatives such as our globally renowned ‘ReadyNow’ programs to help our team members to move to the next level and progress into leadership roles. We are proud to have so many amazing Team Leaders and Site Manager across all our functions in Canada. We are sorry that on this occasion we did not match your expectations and plan to follow up with you personally to understand more about your personal experience. Please contact us at talk2us@teamhgs.com where we will be able to respond on a personal level and continue the two-way conversation.

Great Place to Start but not to Stay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk11 March 2018
HGS was an equally rewarding and frustrating place to work. The hours were decent but the shifts were erratic and never followed a structure. Suggestions and grievances raised were often not dealt with in a manner that actually solved the underlying problems. That said the people who work often are happy and there is a great community sense that helps one get through tough days. I recommend the place as somewhere to start if new to working life or want a change, but i wouldn't suggest it as a viable long term workplace.
Pros
Holidays can be set at any time of year.
Cons
Shifts are often irregular at best.
12 April 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Fun and enjoyable work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS13 December 2018
Fun, interactive co workers and managers. The benefits were amazing and would definitely recommend this job to many other people looking for a good paying, fun job.
Pros
Employee benefits
Fun place to work
Customer Relationship Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 November 2018
Customer calls, and team building activities was the typical day looks like. Management is good, employee are always encouraged by giving them treats and targets.
6 December 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Workplace culture
CUSTOMER RELATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2018
I like the work environment of the HGS. It is so enjoyable and relax. I lean many things by this job. i learn the culture of Canada work place as well as the costumer service experience.
26 September 2018

Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON10 September 2018
Staff was wonderful, facilities atmosphere could be better, always on point to the daily procedures & updates. Wonderful team support. Days were always managed properly and precisely. Long hours at times of unenjoyable continuous work. Customers can get rowdy, but that does come with expectations.
20 September 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews.HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON21 June 2018
A typical day at work would be answering the phone to customers who just placed and order with Bell for home services but were held with out department because of past overdue accounts, fraudulent activity, and low credit score. Our supervisors were there to help if we needed it, it was a stressful and hard job but it taught me a lot about that industry and what every call centre employee goes through so I have a lot more respect for them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management wasn't there for us or our supervisors.
24 July 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us, especially on a platform that generally tends to attract less than flattering reviews. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we want our people to learn and grow together. Our community ENGAGE teams are a typical example of how our awesome employees ingratiate themselves in their local communities and promote our social responsibility activities in the best way we can; by getting involved as OneHGS. Best of luck for the future and thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.

Ok place to work
Customer Relations Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 November 2018
HGS is a good place to work at if you are starting out . It involves a lot of patience especially dealing with customers and the salary is not too bad as well.

worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 December 2018
it's a quite stressful environment, you would have to deal with high-risk customers of ROGERS regarding billing, they left us with no credits to provide. we have to negotiate with customers by giving them nothing. rather than HGS, I hate to work with their client. such a robbery and no care towards employees is never accepted. they asked a commitment for 7 days in a week with a range of 7 am to 12 am (17 hours/day). so that it is hard to find the second job. they reduced working hours from 42.5 hours to 35 hours per week expecting the same commitment stated above.
Anxiety Central.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2018
I feel this place is good if you like to talk to people, can deal with irate customers all day long and enjoy anonymity then this is the place for you. Me on the other hand feel like I was lied to and there was no room for movement.
- Some of the floor managers are great others (HR department mainly) are cold and unfeeling and only think you are a number. Took me too many weeks to get my medical accomodation to take hold as well as they passively aggressively threaten you that you could lose your job.
I do miss all my friends and coworkers but I could not take the complaining and entitled customers. I like dealing with my customers face to face and feel like I was able to give them a resolution not pandering or suck it up buttercup.
- Benefits were great (I hear they have changed since I have been there and are not as good as when I started).
- I also didn't get paid well for all the stuff I had to deal with. This has changed since I left.
Pros
Free Food, Great People
Cons
Everything Else
24 July 2018

Helping people is very rewarding but has its challenges too, especially when you are trying to offer the best personal experience to our customers who expect a stellar service. We are focussed on offering the best support to our employees in a relaxed and fun environment, encouraging creativity with the opportunities to grow and learn. We are sorry that in this case, we were unable to meet your expectations. That being said, we take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation to help us improve, and your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation. We wish all the best in your future career.

Needed work, this was the only available
wireless and cable communications customer care (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS24 August 2018
Team leads were terrible. Customers were often rude. Shifts were miserable, no chance of changing unless your a favorite of one of the leads.
Computer systems always broke down. Lack of communication from management.
11 September 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K