Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Amateurish Operation
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 April 2018
Terrible upper management; didn't see the site manager until 2.5 months into the job.
Lax internal controls.
Horrible IT system; crashes frequently.
Pros
split schedule; opportunity to add to hourly wage with attendance and performance bonuses
Cons
unprofessional environment created by lack of managerial leadership
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NS16 April 2018
The staff at my location were wondering and easy to speak to if something were to happen. It was more than a work place, it was like a second home which was nice.
Stressful but Rewarding
Phone Customer Service and Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 April 2018
enjoyed my time at hgs the people there are great the work there is average a call center stressful but coworkers are what make it a good job. After 5 years working customer service and tech support, 2 years with hgs, Personally i found a few complications but no major complaints, i had lost this job do to missing days of work, most were do to my mother being in the hospital, my only complaint is the way things ended other then that i had a great 2 plus years there.
Pros
coworkers, half the Managers were good
Cons
not flexible hours
Bad
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 March 2018
had to deal with constant angry cust /.disputing there bills plus promotions. trying to sell items to people that don't want to spend money. trying to retain cx.
Pros
Vgh
Cons
the whole job
Pay and Benefits were good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON15 March 2018
There is a very high employee turnover at this place and I knew that going in. Honestly I did not expect to work there as long as I did. The people I worked with were phenomenal, although I wish I could say the same about the management.

I place no blame on the heads of the Team Leaders as their job was difficult to begin with and they were rarely given any help. The upper management while I was employed at this business was so favouritist that it was one of the main contributing factors to my leaving. That coupled with the change in clients that I was being asked to work for made the work environment so unappealing i had to leave. Shortly after I left I heard stories of the environment further deteriorating and more of the friends I had made leaving because of it.

If you are looking for a job that will offer you decent compensation and benefits for thankless work with plenty of opportunities to clock overtime, this is the job for you.
Not a good place to work
Helpdesk Associate (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON12 March 2018
Scheduling is not consistent from one week to the next. Shift bid preferences are not respected. The wages are only now decent with the change to minimum wage. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Great Place to Start but not to Stay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Selkirk11 March 2018
HGS was an equally rewarding and frustrating place to work. The hours were decent but the shifts were erratic and never followed a structure. Suggestions and grievances raised were often not dealt with in a manner that actually solved the underlying problems. That said the people who work often are happy and there is a great community sense that helps one get through tough days. I recommend the place as somewhere to start if new to working life or want a change, but i wouldn't suggest it as a viable long term workplace.
Pros
Holidays can be set at any time of year.
Cons
Shifts are often irregular at best.
12 April 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your experience to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

I enjoyed working here
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON7 March 2018
Its Simple.
Id love to regale you a story of some amazing event or why its great to work for HGS. But essentially they tell you what the job is and what the rules are and you either follow them or you don't. At HGS you are a number. but if you just do your job and go home....nobody says anything to you. as somebody who loves to just go in, do my job and go home.... I say thank GOD for HGS
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
learn able fun in working
T.V tech Support (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 February 2018
HGS taught me a lot about patience and handling of customer and after every 3 months they gave employer a free lunch that could be sandwiches or pizza
I like to round up my star reviews, generously.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from Home27 February 2018
Pros:
- You avoid most call centre drama by doing work at home
- Training is slack, they gave us hour lunches and paid for half. It seemed like the trainer had other things to do, so really, it was something that appeared to be spun for our benefit.

Cons:
- The sense of friendship/family is a concept that was given early on several weeks in to training, it was forced and fake. Please don't. That's just bizarre, try to pay people better, maybe that will work.
- So much information that people above you should know and don't or better yet, they give you the wrong info.
- Lots of tech issues, from what I have experienced it could function better than it does.

Ultimate decision: Meh, take it on the short term if you need it, but don't get too comfortable.
Pros
work at home
Cons
tech problems
Call center
Customer service/loyalty/retention (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 February 2018
HGS is like any other call center. It has a high churn hate, mediocre management and an okay environment. When the call center first opened it was really great place to be. Everyone was happy to be there always smiling and laughing, then they started to rapid hire people into management positions that had no previous experience being a manager and really had no business being there and the environment changed. People stopped loving to work there. They stopped smiling and stopped laughing.
Pros
extra hours almost always available.
Cons
being yelled at constantly either by customers or management.
Benefits, activities and added bonuses
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 February 2018
For the most part it's a nice relaxed easy job. You take calls and sometimes alot In a day can feel overwhelming however the people next to you make the day bareable and the management and other staff generally have a great upbeat attitude, it feels nice to be able to help people with their problems.
Pros
Free activites, free cake days, upbeat attitude
Cons
Extremely restrictive breaks and luch times, very time management
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review! We very much appreciate and value your employment at HGS. People like you have are the reason why we are so successful. We wish you all the best and have a bright future:)

Hgs
Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 February 2018
It was a good environment to work in as call centres go. While the work itself isn't the most enjoyable, it was a good job to have and paid well. Great place to work on customer service.
Not the best place to work.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON2 February 2018
I enjoyed the people around me, but the work itself is repetitive and difficult to keep to the strict guidelines set out by the clients. The customers like to yell at you for things you aren't able to control, and then you get in trouble by your supervisors or quality analysts for not satisfying the customers demands. Overall, it's a stressful and fast paced environment.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Long hours, difficult customers, poor scheduling
23 February 2018

We appreciate your employment with HGS and would like to hear more regarding the concerns you have expressed. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Great people, stressful place.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 January 2018
This place is a great place to work. The people there are great and understanding. You can talk to anyone there about work, life, or anything. They will be a part of the team that this place provides. If you're looking for work with good amount of hours then this is the place to be. The downside is that if you're limited to hours for whatever reason it can be hard to accommodate the time. The other issue is that it can be a stressful job, just like any customer service. If you are not cut out for that, this is not the job for you.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Scheduling can be hectic
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. Glad to hear that you have had a pleasant experience growing within HGS. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

not sure what to put here
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 January 2018
The company has instituted programs to try to ensure it's manager's try to appreciate their employees. it seems rather forced in some ways. The actual work is dreary but the people there are generally friendly and opportunities to make a career their are pretty good.
Pros
events, company discounts
Cons
variable hours
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review. We appreciate your valuable feedback. We continue to strengthen and develop our leadership so they can lead successful teams. If you would like to discuss your feedback further please send me an email at talk2us@teamhgs.com

Stressful place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 January 2018
they keep giving you more you have to do, with no more time for the metrics. they also do not give you all the knowledge you need to do for the job, if you need help then you have to have the customer on hold for 10 minutes just to get help then you yell at you for breaking the hold allowance.
Pros
enjoyable times
Cons
fast pasted and hectic
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience at HGS. At the same time, your feedback concerns us. We would love to learn more, to make things better for our employees. Please email us at talk2us@teamhgs.com.

Nice workplace and supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON18 January 2018
On a typical day the workplace is good. Very good place to work and learn about customer service . Management team is a great help to be around and which builds up into a nice workplace culture.
23 February 2018

Hi, thank you for your review! Glad to hear that you are having a pleasant experience with HGS. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors at HGS:)

Be careful of introductory promises
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at Home18 January 2018
The Impression:
Focus on great customer service
great benefits package
ability to earn a commission in addition to salary
family oriented company
ability to choose your own work schedule

The reality:
Customer service with a strong push to upsell to every customer
very expensive mandatory benefits package
Nearly impossible to achieve commision plan
No regard for commitments or family responsibilities
little choice of shifts and all split shifts with late hours and often less than 2 days off..
unpaid bathroom breaks
very minimal support system
30 January 2018

Hi, thank you for sharing your very valuable feedback. We want to learn more about your concerns to improve the HGS experience for all our employees. Please provide further details by connecting with us @ talk2us@teamhgs.com.

HGS disappointed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 January 2018
When I started working I was excited and and amazed with the atmosphere, thinking how glad it wasn't like the other call center, I worked at when I was in school. I thought that it was because it's an out going call center and that would make all the differences, all I can say is it really didn't make any difference at all!
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Extremely stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hinduja Global Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.