Hinduja Global Solutions

Hinduja Global Solutions Employee Reviews

Overall good professional environment, good support, on going coaching, training & knowledge hub, opportunity to level up. Strict monitoring & control over system and employees.
Pros
Holiday gifts
Cons
Long hours/auto assigned shifts
2 March 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. We do understand our schedules can sometimes be challenging, which is why our hiring process is very robust, open, and honest to set the job expectations to be very realistic. We truly believe that our employees are our greatest asset and we are always looking at ways to help our team develop, learn, and grow; your feedback helps us accomplish these efforts. We appreciate your time and we wish you success now and always.
Was hired on the promise of flexibility of hours once tenure and stats kicked in. Also hired on the promise of a yearly raise. The shift I've received is nothing close to what I put in for my preference, despite good metric and tenure. Was denied a raise "due to Covid" ! Yet let's give out bonuses and hire new people. Also it's fun hearing from others did receive a raise so the environment there is beyond toxic. Would never recommend anyone I know to work here. They need better management for sure because the company standard is low. They have a no phone on production floor yet team leader can use it without anyone saying anything. Someone needs to come and investigate this company.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, job security, shifts
19 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, although we would have to say that the Call Centre environment was not for you. All through the interview process, we are focused on realistic job expectations and previews at every stage. We are focused on offering the very best support to our thousands of North American employees and our clients who have been overwhelmed in the way we have been able to cope, adapt and prosper through this pandemic year. We are extremely proud of our employees, and while we accept there are many challenges in moving to a work@home environment, our team has embraced this change to keep everyone gainfully employed. We will share your experience with the local teams to understand what we could have done to improve. Good luck in your future career.
This has been the most demanding and stressful job I have ever worked for. And guess what? They only pay you minimum, they require more but give less. The trainer was always grumpy for no reason at all. Some managers dont care at all. If there are certain emergencies they just dont care but are very hesitant to let you go as new recruits normally lasts few weeks if not days. Customers they handle are always.. and I say always like 8 out of 10 customers are always mad and most of the time will flip at you for handling a lousy account. Internet connection. Their T2 are undertrained and are not consistent with policies.They have ridiculous unreasonable demands all the time, always cover your windows, no cellphones, computer set should face away the doors or windows, I even removed the TV on my room just to cater their demands, no papers and pictures on the wall. While other companies are quite lenient these folks are sooo demanding but are not willing to pay for what you deserve.If you are new, expect to get the sh*ttiest schedules, working 6 days a week because they dont have anymore available hours to squeeze you in. Their manager expect you to achieve unrealistic goals and even out you on a disciplinary action if you dont achieve their goal.If they have issues with equipments, they blame your internet connection. They even expect you to have an internet connection dedicated for this work separate from your personal connection, and pay for it from your own pocket. Honestly, if you can bare these things, go further. But this company sucked the life out of me and Im happier - more...
Pros
Paid Vacation and Benefits
Cons
Low pay, stressful, very demanding
19 April 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. The Contact Centre industry is quite unique and we understand not for everyone, so our interview process and realistic job previews are robust and honest. Having said that, during these uncertain times, we are proud to offer stable full-time, safe, work-from-home positions coupled with excellent health benefits and paid training. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Thank you for being part of Team HGS.
Training is not comprehensive. Time spent in training is a waste. They will let you start to take calls even when you're not ready product wise. You will only start to learn things when on the floor. And you will learn it the hard way, coz customers will shout at you as you try to resolve their issue. Support and team leaders are of no help. They are never helpful or supportive. When you are on the floor, you're all by yourself, so be ready to survive and keep your sanity. Salary is very low and it won't even compensate how people around you treats you. It is hard to complete 8hrs of work, coz it is a very stressful work environment.Then, to make it worst, they will give you mandatory overtime.
Pros
Flexible shift
Cons
Long hours, stressful people, low salary
29 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Great management Shift bid so you choose your schedule after training Benefits Opportunity for advancement Your fully supported while on the job..
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Can be very busy at time's
7 March 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback. We are aware that sometimes review sites sometimes highlight different views of a position, but we really appreciate your comments. Feedback from our current employees is both insightful and great for potential applicants looking for a career with us. We are very proud of our culture and inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
I had electrical issues in my home and had missed some time and was fired for it even after coming back and working again. Was extremely disappointed because I enjoyed my team and the work.
2 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you would like to further our conversation directly.
Training was amazing I had hope that from the training I would love the job but once on the phones it was a disaster, hardly had times to take my breaks because the incoming calls were back to back, trying to get a hold of a supervisor or team lead for assistance was next to impossible often leading to what was already an upset customer to being a furious customer! Took a while for benefits to be available The only pro is they actually train you and they send you the equipment. The interview process was horrible I had a very rude lady.
Pros
Good training, send the equipment
Cons
Interview was horrible, no help when needed
2 March 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand that the Call Centre Industry is not for everyone, but our employees are very dedicated, and valuable members of our team. Our hiring process is very robust, open, and honest to set the job expectations to be very realistic. Having said that, during these uncertain times, we are proud to offer stable full-time, safe, work-from-home positions coupled with excellent health benefits and paid training. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Thank you for being a valuable member of team HGS.
Too much stress. You have to deal with customer all over the world that complain constantly and treat you like garbage. Not a recommended place of employment to work.
Pros
P3 points
Cons
Long hours, not respect from customers
22 February 2021
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand that the Call Centre Industry is not for everyone, but our employees are very dedicated, and valuable members of our team. Our hiring process is very robust, open, and honest to set the job expectations to be very realistic. We offer multiple ways to help our team develop, learn, and grow and progress. Our training is second to none and will set you up for a life of opportunities, by future-proofing you with the necessary transferable skills. Thank you for being a valuable member of team HGS
As an agent you’re often ignored when it comes to needing help or advancingManagers are arrogant and call you out in GROUP CHATS. Which is extremely unprofessional
Pros
Commission
Cons
Reduced hours, poor support
14 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees. We take your feedback very seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
The first year there was tedious at times, but being a tech support position it was easy to know the steps to help customers and find the best course of action, when operations changed to billing and then retention there was not adequate training and information given seemed to change almost daily or even between who was supervisors on duty. For some people it was very difficult to be able to plan appointments and life outside of work.
Pros
Paid training, WFH options, benefits, some special staff days
Cons
Always different work station, sometime programs and equipment not working properly, lacking enough training and consistent information, poor work/life balance.
14 February 2021
Thanks for your feedback. The Contact Centre industry is quite unique and we understand not for everyone, so our interview process and realistic job previews are robust and honest. Having said that, during these uncertain times, we are proud to offer stable full-time, safe, work from home positions coupled with excellent health benefits and paid training. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS. We appreciate your comments.
Very stressful. Team leads don’t care about their employees. Could be doing everything right and they’d still find a way to dump on you. Several people were laid off two weeks before Christmas and all they said was sorry and gave a 200 final paycheck not to mention that they stopped covering the insurance even though they laid off a diabetic who can’t afford to go without insurance
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
A lot of terrible team leads
4 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees and we take your feedback seriously. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com if you’d like to speak further about your concerns.
I never felt like part of a family or a team with this company, I was just another number. Constant stress caused by ignorant, patronizing and/or condescending business customers.
Pros
Gift cards as awards
Cons
Stressful
21 December 2020
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees and our clients. We take your feedback seriously and are working on ways to improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We will share your experience with the local teams to understand what we could have done to improve. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
21 December 2020
Hgs was a great company too work for but then they started bringing in all kinds of department's we had too deal with. Training is great very helpful
Pros
Regular shifts and benefits
Cons
Too many ques
14 December 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your feedback and kind words. It has certainly been a challenging time, but we are very proud of our team at HGS how they have adapted and continue to support our essential business clients. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It helps us to improve with valuable feedback. HGS Canada is always striving to offer our employees ways to future-proof their careers with life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS.
I felt pressured working for HGS, not because the company was bad but more of my supervisor’s fault. Although I left for personal reasons, I still believe the supervisor was only after poor performance and never appreciated the so many huge targets met. I won’t deny the fact that HGS built me in my understanding of customer care in Canada. Now I work with much more confidence.
1 December 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valued feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the experiences they have had with us. It also helps us to improve and gives the potential applicants a 360 view. We try to be as open and honest during our interview process, so everyone understands the position and environment. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and we feel our positions help to future-proof our team where you can learn life-long transferable skills. Thank you for being part of OneHGS. We appreciate your comments.
If you like to abused continuously for 8 hours...go for it.. most terrible job i have ever done. The management is also bad. The team leader not knowing anything ,would advise and insist you to give wrong information to the cx😂. They dont even have a good process that is to be followed or have solutions for issues.. You are jst paid to be abused by the customers
Pros
U can work from home
Cons
Wud be abused
3 November 2020
Thank you for your candid feedback. In today's employment landscape, we are proud to offer full-time, safe, work from home positions coupled with excellent health benefits, and paid training. We appreciate your feedback and encourage you to reach out to talk2us@teamhgs.com if you would like to further our conversation directly.
Overall not to bad working there but very strict on attendance ..n being late..understandable...regardless of excuse..offered free fruit weekly ..potlucks ..xmas party great prizes if lucky to get drawn for one training was good depending on trainer .new product n trainer sucked .most of class had to be retrained
Pros
Fun days pot luck or free fruit weekly..bonus with getting new hires use to offer
Cons
Long hours not paid for lunches or breaks..n cannot be late
3 November 2020
Hi, thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. It is always nice to hear from our former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. Your feedback will help us to highlight and discuss ways we can work on employee concerns. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for sharing your talents with HGS Canada.
I was scheduled for a phonic interview. but was never called. These people do not respect other people's time. The Hiring team should be ashmed of themselves. I am glad I am not working for this company. I pitty the people working there.
7 December 2020
Hi, thanks for your review. Your feedback is valuable to us. We would like to hear more about your experience to understand how we can make things better here. Please write to us at Talk2us@teamhgs.com
I worked at HGS for 1.5 years. Training was good for me, the rest you shape yourself up with the provided training, its customer service and that's how it is. My working hours was good and i got paid correctly without any errors. The managment and team leaders were helpful in guiding and helping me. I was offered WAH (work at home), but i did not opt for it, so i am not sure about that area. In my experience, a good place to work.
Pros
Merit points and discount packages.
Cons
The provided systems are slow.
20 October 2020
Thanks for your comments. They help others understand the good and not-so-good with companies and roles within the call center industry. As you mention, we offer stable full-time positions and ultimately we work for our long-standing clients in many industries to help them with their customer service requirements. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.
I worked here for over a year and I must say It started out good but after a while I realized that to this company, I was just another number in there system that could easily be replaced . I only encountered two TL's that actually cared about the persons on their teams apart from them all the other "managers" micro-manage and belittle persons as often as they can .It is a very very toxic environment and I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work for a company like this. It literally affected me both physically and mentally to work for this company.
Pros
work from home
Cons
Micro- managers, Poor Leadership, Stressful, toxic
20 October 2020
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are disappointed that your HGS experience did not live up to your expectations. We are focused on offering the very best support to our employees and take your feedback very seriously. We share this info throughout the organization to help us improve the HGS experience for all of our employees. We would like to continue this conversation with you to help us improve, and for this reason, your feedback is extremely important. Please connect with us at talk2us@teamhgs.com to further our conversation.
Over all im really happy to be employed here best job ever , amazing boss, very good support system, flexible schedule and decent compensation. I am looking forward to stay and work for more years with this company. Ive had sooo many call centres before hgs. And this is the first time i feel im treated well and i feel not just a number. The only downside of this job is the account it self. Its customer service so ull have good days and bad days. Ive been told all the names in the book so thats why its not a job fitted for the faint hearted.
Pros
Flexible schedule, salary ok can work with jammies
Cons
Rude customers and busy queue
23 November 2020
Thanks for your feedback. They help others understand the good and not-so with companies and roles within the call center industry. We really appreciate former and current employees about the positive experiences they have had with us. As you mention, we are very proud of our inclusivity, which typifies our global organization. We do understand our schedules can sometimes be challenging and your feedback helps us to highlight and discuss ways we can work on employee concerns. HGS Canada is always striving to develop the members of our team and increase their client and systems knowledge. We want our people to learn and grow together. Thank you for being a part of Team HGS.
Was applying for bilingual, French and English position. They did text me to ask if I was ready for an interview. I did reply NO. I only wanted a part time at home job. The reviews scared me to go any further. The equipment alone seems to be inadequate, the pay is not great and further more, I would never pay for a house phone out of pocket. Sadly I worked in customer service for over 20 years and this job sounded to good to be true. Thank you for everyone who posted reviews good and bad.
16 November 2020
Thanks for your comments. The Contact Centre industry is quite unique and we understand not for everyone, so our interview process and realistic job previews are robust and honest. Having said that, during these uncertain times, we are proud to offer stable full-time, safe, work from home positions coupled with excellent health benefits, and paid training. We do not require you to have a phone or a landline. We have our own VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) systems so you only need a high-speed Internet connection. We are proud of our industry-leading training that offers our new employees multiple ways to develop, learn, grow, and progress. Our training is second to none and sets our agents up for a life of opportunities with future-proof and transferable skills. Thank you for your comments and we wish you well in your employment journey.