Hilton

Hilton Management reviews

Fast-paced and stressful but it is a hotel. Work is easy once you get the hang of it. Environment is friendly although cliques and favoritism tend to cause problems throughout management. Free food and lots of benefits.
Pros
Hotel benefits and free food
Cons
Exhausting work
Don’t know how to orient a newly hired. Poor management. They don’t knife anything at all. No English speaking policy. Poor way to treat new employee. Do not recommend.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
HR caused to many problems while laid off..before laid off, the work environment itself was great. Didn't enjoy being harrased by a specific hr employee while laid off. Had to get union involved in my specific matter. I wouldn't recommend working with this hilton site specifically but im sire others wouldn't have this issue.
Benefits
Cons
H/R and Management
Un endroit parfait pour y travailler et faire progresser votre carrière. Plusieurs opportunités à l'interne et c'est grandement encourageant la direction. De beaux avantages sociaux et salaires des plus compétitifs dans le domaine de l'hotellerie. Je recommande fortement
C'est l'une des meilleures expériences que j'ai vécu.
Working in cluster properties as accounts receivables is quite hectic and busy. Working in Hilton is worthy and fulfilling. We can feel the support of management and we have complete trust, though team members are multi cultured and a bit of challenging, it will be great opportunity to gain skills like; flexibility, ability to compromise and language.
Typical Day at Work was faced paced hardest part of the job was rush hour enjoyable time of job was when cooking and finishing my shift the Workplace was good co workers were very nice and good to work with people
Pros
Good Teeam Work
Cons
Bad management
From Hilton, I learned team management and also I gained communication skills on dealing with guests of different countries and it helps me to understand customers needs and how to deal with anyone with professionalism and patience. Each staff of Hilton is very helpful, so everyday was gone good and I did not face any trouble during work at Hilton. The most enjoyable days at Hilton when there was games organized by superiors for all on special events and also specials gifts are distributed to the winners.
Pros
Free lunches, morning tea and special food on events
Cons
long hours shift
The upper management are bullies. They demean you, make fun of you. The housekeeping admin team, including the executive housekeeping staff are extreme narcisitic bullies.
Working with hilton is a wonderful experience, I had a great time working in a fun-filled environment. I had the opportunity to upgrade my knowledge in hospitality industry and also personal development. Working with the management team was an add-on value in my career. We as a management team supported and worked together to achieve new goals and I can say that I am proud to be a part of them.
collaborative team and always willing to help other person. great customer service. Amazing staff and management. Staff is always available for customers for help and assistance.
The Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is a good place and environment to work in. The colleagues make it fun. The management as well, make Hilton fun and productive.
Emploi en 2 volets - la reception et la vérification. Donc, besoin de connaître le travail classique de réceptionniste (arrivées, départs, facturation, prise de réservation, gestion de plaintes, etc...) et le côté vérification (balancer puis déposer les cartes de crédit autant resto que réception, vérifier les transactions de la journée et les corriger au besoin, création de rapports, etc...) Des nuits bien occupées mais pas banales!
I was treated very disrespectfully by manager which lead to an arrassing work environment. The Union is the most one sided racist organization I've ever seen. They do not represent the employees.
Very little to none structure no knowledge treating employees different to each other picking their favourites and picking on the ones they don't like
The management is rude talk down to their employees. General manager sit in office all day expect going for smoke every twenty minutes. Human resource take there time on everything ask for a raise they get back to you mouths later no care for others as long as their pockets are full. Turn over of employees weekly.
Good people but labour doesn’t get paid what it should. Good management. Good first job, gets you work experience for your resume. Can’t complain. Allows new workers to get a basic understanding of the workforce.
Productive fast paced Environment Challenging and stretches you to think outside the box Great pay for senior management Great TM all over and great company culture
Pros
Team Member hotel rates
I work with Hilton for 5 years and still I don't know why is so many construction I really don't like moving to one place to another...and I bus tables and sometimes a coffee run from Corso all the way to banquet on 3rd which I can't handle both then the servers start yelling at me oh we need more coffee I wish management would start hiring people for breakfast at Hilton
Management will only need you if things are going their way, if not, they will just call you off. Discounts on their employees came from 50percent to now 25percent. If you are a room attendant, they will strain you with rooms especially when its busy, and leave you in the dust when its not. In the laundry room dept., there had been lots of dramas. In short, dont work for them.
Very good rate of pay. Very poor leadership at top. Very very poor. Trouble with english, manager has tattoos all over his hands. Very not good with people. Lots of drama between kitchen staff and servers. Lots of very unhappy people work here and it will drag you down. Productivity and efficiency almost non-existent. Poor decisions made on a daily basis and poor choices for equipment purchases wastes a lot of money and time. Not a team-oriented service system. Events here are overpriced. Leadership is uninspiring. The manager used to run the housekeeping dept. and he snaps his fingers at staff and yells when he becomes flustered. His ability to remain calm during stressful times ends up with his passing on his stress to staff. When he leaves for the day, the asst. mgr. runs things smoothly and things get more chill.
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of drama