Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 318 reviews matching the search See all 12,278 reviews
Need more bussers
Busser (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 October 2019
I work with Hilton for 5 years and still I don't know why is so many construction I really don't like moving to one place to another...and I bus tables and sometimes a coffee run from Corso all the way to banquet on 3rd which I can't handle both then the servers start yelling at me oh we need more coffee I wish management would start hiring people for breakfast at Hilton
Good working environment
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 October 2019
Friendly environment, no any burde, no discrimination at all on working place. Administration is very good and co-operative,helping in nature in all the way. All other team members are very helping and mixing nature.
Amazing !
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2019
Working at Hilton was an awesome learning experience.
It has great teams in all departments and the dedication to maintain what Hilton is, is uniform throughout the company.
Employees have good work life balance, they are happy and stress free.
Its the Best Place to Be!
I liked their uniform.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2019
You don't know how the time is passing when u work in a hotel. Keeps always busy. I was racing with the time. And so many people from different country work together nicely, everybody is respecting and helping each other. We were not worker, we were team player.
You are just a number to them.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2019
Management will only need you if things are going their way, if not, they will just call you off. Discounts on their employees came from 50percent to now 25percent. If you are a room attendant, they will strain you with rooms especially when its busy, and leave you in the dust when its not. In the laundry room dept., there had been lots of dramas. In short, dont work for them.
Work hard and it pays off
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON5 September 2019
Great place to grow, lots of opportunities. If you are willing to work hard you will really enjoy your time with the Hilton. The company is always looking to expand and you can achieve a lot with them.
Pros
Great Benefits, Free Parkings, always chances for advancement
Cons
Some legacy employees, which brings about some hardships
great money to be made if you don't get involved with the drama
server (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 August 2019
Very good rate of pay. Very poor leadership at top. Very very poor. Trouble with english, manager has tattoos all over his hands. Very not good with people. Lots of drama between kitchen staff and servers. Lots of very unhappy people work here and it will drag you down. Productivity and efficiency almost non-existent. Poor decisions made on a daily basis and poor choices for equipment purchases wastes a lot of money and time. Not a team-oriented service system. Events here are overpriced. Leadership is uninspiring. The manager used to run the housekeeping dept. and he snaps his fingers at staff and yells when he becomes flustered. His ability to remain calm during stressful times ends up with his passing on his stress to staff. When he leaves for the day, the asst. mgr. runs things smoothly and things get more chill.
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of drama
Working in Hilton? Awesome!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hilton suites Winnipeg airport23 July 2019
One of the best hotel in the city to work. Great opportunity to give the best customer service. Staff is nice, but not the management.

However, I worked there for close to 10 months and I must say I loved it. I love the way they works! “make it right twice!”

I am glad that I have experience of working in this hotel.
Pros
Brand
Cons
unthankful management
fun
Switchboard Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 July 2019
They offer summer BBQ for workers and family
Awesome Christmas Party
Amazing Travel Discount
Friendly People
Job opportunitys are always available, but hard to get because they always have someone else ready to take over.
Hard to love around departments
Pros
free food
Cons
low wage
Terrible Place to work. Owner's neglect employee's
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 July 2019
I worked their for 8 months. And the department I sighed up for I never did anything in all my time their retaining to that. Instead I was sent to owners houses to work their or for their family friends. Forcing me to come in on my days off and threatening to fire me if I did not come. No benefits aswell. After submitting my 2 week notice I was fired on spot.All around not a good place/company to work for
Pros
50% off Food
Cons
Rude bosses. Workplace bullying. Unsafe environment. No job security. No benefits.
Room Attendant
Laval Qc (Former Employee) –  Laval, FR16 June 2019
Dusting furniture cleaning sterilizing and making beds,stocking linen
and supply closets
Attending to guest requests for extra items.
Preparing schedules and training cleaning staff
Not the greated place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 May 2019
Some issues with management. No possibility for advancement.Some bullying that never gets resolved. Work pressure is very high. Most people make near minimum wage.
Do waste your time and do not work here
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2019
will tell you what you want to hear to fill the position
workplace culture is absolute garbage
xenophobic and ageism environment
constant issues with meals for guests and employees
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no proper work life balance, disrespectful employees, degrading managers
I mean it had free lunches
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2019
By free lunches I mean, a poorly lit and cold room upstairs where you could use your thumb on a machine to get some dull sandwiches and overpriced drinks, not food actually cooked and served there. You get 100$ allowance if you work full time and 60$ for part time. Maybe they have improved it since I left but knowing how long it takes for them to improve literally anything for staff I doubt it.

Remember, customers are always first priority! The outside of the hotel looks great, the art looks great, but god forbid you look at staff entrances, "break rooms" stairways and especially locker rooms. It's more like a bathroom with a few lockers in it.

Don't even get me started on the ONE STAFF ELEVATOR for a 10+ floor hotel with over 300 rooms to clean and manage. Yeah, needless to say when doing maintenance I certainly got my weekly walking goals done considering it would take 40+ minutes sometimes for the elevator to even show up. Stairs quickly became my friend even if I didn't want them to. It doesn't help that the hotel wants you there ASAP but trying to get there? Don't make me laugh. Don't use the hotel elevators! You know, the five we have for guests, you're supposed to showcase that "we don't HAVE staff."
Great place, really.

Now onto maintenance, let me give you a classic example:
"Can you fix (this thing) right now?"
"Sure, do you have what I need to fix it?"
"What do you need....?"
That's it, that's the job. I can't begin to tell you how many times my supervisor needed to go out and buy the caulking, tools, screws, belts and everything we needed with
  more... his own money. Don't forget, everything has to be ASAP yet we have no tools to actually do anything.
Shower door breaks? Well I can certainly conjure glass, wait, no I can't.
Ah yet another tab breaks, that's fine we have some downstairs! Oh wait no, I've been asking for two weeks now to order some. Hmm....

Let's not forget that the manager is so incompetent that schedules aren't even done properly, pay's aren't addressed properly and everything is so shady that they don't even tell you they have "a union" (do they really??? I'm still waiting to figure it out!)

Honestly I would suggest you stay far, far away from this hotel. Not only for work but for staying there as well.
"But it's a five star!"
Yeah in name only. The way they treat staff is unbearable, the rooms are a disaster (Trust me, I built them) and everything has a fine coat of "magical glitter" to make it look nice. (That means invisible silicone because things won't hold properly due to the hotel being so cheap it won't hire good contractors)
It's up to you really but I for one will never let any of my friends or family stay at this place. I could redesign a doghouse to look better then this place.
Pros
Free horrible lunches, Co-workers were okay sometimes, I was able to keep my phone on me
Cons
They won't pay you what they owe you, Horrible management, "sweet words" to make you feel better, Gossip is the centre of everyone's mind, Lunches suck even if free, Stuck up guests expecting a five star and getting a no star
Fun
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 April 2019
Was nice job and meeting lots of people and have a good conversation with other . In lunch time lots of people talk and eating together. People introduce with other.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Normal time
was a best place to work and learn
Industrial Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hilton Embassy golf links bangalore12 April 2019
Hilton was a place to learn it was a first property where i got and opportunity to show case my talent and prove them my capability.
every one was friendly and the working environment was cool and calm.
Pros
knowledge
Great experience
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON21 March 2019
I had the opportunity to work for this organization. The staff was excellent and very flexible with scheduling. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet many individuals from places around the world.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Outdoors during winter months
Practicum Student
LPN Student (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 March 2019
I was there to do my practicum and preceptorship while going to school to become an LPN. My time there was very educational and I learned a lot. During the time I spent I was treated very well with all staff and management. They have a very nice facility.
F&B traditional culture
F&B supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
It is well managed, though a unionized enviroment that can sometimes create friction between management and staff, all in all it is a good place to work if you like the industry. you will learn a lot!
Pros
discounts at hilton
Cons
poor work personal life balance
Great Place to Work!
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON13 February 2019
Working at the Hilton has been one of my favourite jobs. The work was hard, but even then it made your days off that much more enjoyable. Lots of support from management and other co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch, beautiful view

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K