Hilton Employee Reviews

About maintenance job...
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON30 August 2018
Very stressed place... People don't stay longer. Hilton is big Name. But nothing right here. Poore manegment. Some time don't have part's to fixing issue. Lot complain for guests ... And they're think it's maintenance worker fault... After 3 months , they start paying 16 dol. For hour . Do you think this money pay your stress ?
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poore manegment.
too many to list
EVENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON21 August 2018
Dedicated to employees. Opportunity to grow. Promote within.
Offer great benefits and other employee perks, like travel all over the world at very little cost.
Provide opportunity to relocate globally.
Pros
too many to list
Cons
depending on department, might need to work weekend
Great work culture with superb customer service
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2018
This was a generalist HR position so typically the day was full of some routine things, but a lot of other non-routine things. I was responsible for reviewing resumes, updating employee turnover reports, and participating in group events and committees. Every single Team Member is super friendly and made me feel at home. The hardest part of the job was balancing a lot of different things at once, but it was a good thing as the days flew by and I was never bored. The most enjoyable thing was the amount I learned during this internship. I touched a lot of different areas of HR through this role and I am thankful for that.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners, on-site gym, free dry cleaning
Chief assistant
Cooker Assistant (Former Employee) –  makka9 August 2018
It was a very wonderful experience as it was a new challenge in terms of learning and adventure
I have learned from the experience a kind of authorities and the way of cutting and preparing and so on
Pros
A new and exciting experience
Cons
The long stand sometimes bothers me
Great Job
Security Guard (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON29 July 2018
If your looking for a job to help start a career in policing or other services, this is the job you should look into getting. This is the only security job i have worked for where you do get to do all security duties as well as getting a ton of practice in report writing.
Great
Hotel Hotel Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
Good company to work for, managers are mostly understanding. The company itself is a large chain and quite organized. The pay is above minimum wage which is great.
best place to work
General Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2018
It is a best place to work. your career will grow here, good management, challenging job, you will enjoy working here because all team member was treated equal.
Long days
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 July 2018
Working at the hilton was alright. Terrible work/life balance. They expect you to work overtime. Sometimes rude managers. Very understanding of mental health issues and problems.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2018
Its fun to work in hotels and Hilton brand is one of them. If you had chosen hospitality career, then Hilton is the name you should look for it. Its been great to work there.
Pros
Free Lunches
positive workplace
Jarvis & Dundas - Server (Former Employee) –  downtown toronto26 May 2018
The Hilton is amazing workplace. professionalism is key to working there. I gained work skills and even life skills that I can use day to day. positive workplace.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
early morning prep
Productif
Customer and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC24 May 2018
Rythme soutenu, environnement chaleureux au travail
Good place to work.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON21 May 2018
Everything is good except the work load difference between Day room attendants and night room attendants. Day people work 1000 times more than night people.
Pros
Good salary.
Cons
Work load.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 May 2018
I was let go "because I wasn't a good fit" by the main boss, yet all of my supervisors and peers were extremely happy with my work ethic. I was requested by other departments because of my eagerness to learn, work ethic and quick learning. Pay wasn't great for working hard labor; the hours and people I worked with made that bearable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management is poor
horrible managment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON9 May 2018
I worked at Grande Cafe at the Hilton in Niagara Falls and it was a nightmare.
The managers hide the entire morning and get upset when you need help.
There is no communication whatsoever and the managers feed off of making your life there miserable.
If you have any sanity that you plan on keeping, DO NOT work here.
Pros
non at all
Cons
horrible management, basically have to hike a mile to find a manager when something goes wrong, no support from management at all, ever.
World's Big Chain
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London6 May 2018
I was amazed by the level of professionalism and care when I started at Hilton in London UK.
The company has a great housekeeping and maintenance standards which we have to work efficiently to achieve.
Pros
Company Standards
Cons
N/a
Salaire
Peintre en bâtiment (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC4 May 2018
Ils demandent 5 ans d’expérience (tireur de joints, tapissier, peintre, plus différents travaux de maintenance/menuiserie) @24$/heure

Et Détenir un certificat de qualification de peintre (compagnon)

Le salaire de peintre compagnon est 35$

Non Merci.
A professional operation to start a first job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON3 May 2018
I learn a lot of industry standard here, understanding the working environment at the heart of the hotel including all the hardship following on the daily basis.
Pros
Diversity working environment
Cons
Lack of management
Nice setting and friendly staff, and guests.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2018
I worked at the Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport, and I found the atmosphere of the restaurant to be decent and the pay was good (the hotel is unionized). I enjoyed the company of my coworkers though the same could not be said for the restaurant management. Working in a restaurant can be stressful and fast paced at times. Management at the restaurant was horrendous to say the least. They were quite disorganized, and there was little communication between breakfast, and evening management. Additionally they lacked the ability to schedule servers on days they should of known would be busier. Handling guest complaints was done improperly as well. If a guest had a problem with service speed for instance they would point fingers at employees instead of looking at the schedule and seeing that they were understaffing on the exact same nights that guests were sending in complaints. I could go on but I will stop there.
Pros
Good benefits/unionized property
Cons
Managment
Short shifts
Breakfast server (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 April 2018
Short shifts.3 hours.expect call offs durine the week when you are scheduled....not much tips.lots of sidework to do.....clean and organized.only perk is cheap hotel rooms.zero recognition for being a good employee....but any customer complaint expect write ups.
Pros
Cheaper room for travel
Cons
Short shufts/min wage.
great environment to work in
Cook/Baker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
preparing menu items in a timely manner
learning how to prepare large banquet style meals
embracing cultures of employees and guests
maintaining high quality standards even in high volume times
sharing recipes and information amongst other chefs