Hilton Garden Inn Hotel

Found 106 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,073 reviews

Insights into Hilton Garden Inn Hotel

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Really depends on the people you work with and how many

When I first started working it was full time hours (even though I was part time) and we were very understaffed. I started off doing like 15 rooms a day almost every day. It was tough, lots of others quit, making it worse. Stuff relaxed about a month in and we got more staff. Now we average about 7 rooms a day, which is pretty low. At first, management sucked. Then the rude one quit and it was ok. I work part time for school now and it's a pretty good job if you're a student. Overall not a bad place to work. I barely interact with guests, listen to music all day, and my coworkers aren't too bad.

Pros

1. Very independent 2. Low guest interaction 3. 50% off in-hotel restaurant

Cons

1. Hours aren't static and change a lot 2. Minimum wage 3. Sometimes rooms can get nasty

Fun work place

Fun working environment Great management Efforts recognized Growth opportunities Cross department training So much to learn Great General Manager who works hard for the the company

Poor staff . Not trained properly.

Terrible. Slow and tedious work. Rude employeed. Would never work for a big chain again. Plays favorite towards certain staff even though their cleaning is under par.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Short hours

Ok Place to work- Run poorly

I somewhat enjoyed my time at the Hilton. Minimal supervision & short days. The communication however in this hotel was not the best. It was being run on a skeleton crew and information between departments was not relayed very quickly, or at all. Housekeeping was expected to run laundry, clean the common areas and clean rooms. All on minimum wage. It was an ok place to work, but unless they hire more staff, and delegate better, I wouldn't recommend.

Great group of people to work with, but the owners are cheap

Working here was a pleasure for a time, but new owners took over 4 years ago and everything fell downhill from there. Raises were far and few between, cut backs and layoffs were constant, and the Reno’s are being cheaply and slowly done. Of course covid didn’t help , and workloads grew for employees they stayed, without raises and cuts in hours.

Cons

Cut hours and cheap owners.

Restaurant serving job

Staff and company are 5 star. During my time here I was treated very kindly and respectfully. The pandemic has unfortunately slowed things down and we may all be together again soon.

Pros

Managment

Cons

Not enough hours. Difficulty getting transit during early hours

awful

horrible work environment with toxic people, some of the laziest people ive ever worked with that expect managers to do their job for them and take care of them like they are babysitters - I dont have kids and dont need to to if this is what its like

Pros

nothing comes to mind

Cons

the people

Working could be better

Was the head breakfast cook did everything pretty much was the head chef, there where a few people that cared about there work and was greatful to work with them.However when it came to working there was only 2 people on during the week in the BOH a cook and dishwasher no one else. A few managers would constantly walk on the line get in the way while plating food, they won't listen to you when you say you're OK and one of them who always thought they where the manager would always put there 2 cents in which would get under people's nerves when that person was not a manager. Don't know what it's like now there but when I was there there was no chain of command for management plus they didn't care about there employees they just cared about getting there bonus at the end of the month

Productive and fun place to work

The best place to work, everyone is very supportive, they can adjust all the time what you need, over all its a very good company. From front office to house keeping, maintenance and food and beverage everyone is awesome.

Pros

Super good food with a very good discount.

Cons

No cons

Its alright

The place is okay if you want to be paid the lowest for doing the most work. If you want everyone to know every aspect of your business before even your family then this is the place for you !

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

You get called in and expected to come, bad hours, and you get the worst days off compaird to everyone else

Busy busy busy

Fun and exciting place to work. Always something new. Great culture and always trying to stay ahead and keep things fresh. Location is ideal and they provide staff parking.

Pros

Discounted food and drinks

Cons

Very demanding position

Sometimes stressful, but fun

Working at a hotel close to an airport and a convention centre can get busy, but luckily the team working is always on top of it. The union helps keeps things fair, and the atmosphere is decent most of the time.

Pros

Staff appreciation

Cons

Tight hours

Great Team to work with

Working at the Hilton Garden has allowed me to meet new people and know the true meaning of hospitality. Management is hands on and show true appreciation towards all staff from servers to room attendant. The job requires good speed and attention to detail.

Good workplace

The most enjoyable part is being to cater to the clients' needs and collaborating with other team players. The workplace is pretty fast-paced and requires you to be on you feet, mostly.

Fun co-workers

Co-workers were easy to deal with. A free lunch was provided for the staff. Rooms assigned especially on check outs were often way too much to handle.

It was great

It was really good working at this hotel and I respected everyone co worker . I used to do 15-18 rooms a day and I worked hard in working at it and getting experience in room attendance. I have learnt friend that I talk to everyday

Pros

It’s hotel with good management and workers

Cons

N/a

If you enjoy working with professional this’s the hotel join.

This’s a cooperate hotel. Every shift is a new challenge, interacting with the guests from all over the world. Learning new food and drinks menus . 👍🏾👍🏾

Pros

Excellent wages

Cons

Hotel should have more suites

Perfect job

Good management was my luck over there i missed those days spent with hiedy my super cool manager. Overall staff was friendly and caring towards each other.

It is not easy

No matter where you work it is not easy, so make the best of what life brings you. We all compLaints of management but we should remember management Are also people too and take a look in the mirror.

It was Amazing

It was good time to work with good company. Fair workload but learn to work in fast pace environment. Management was in touch with all staff members.

Good, bad and ugly

Poor management companies have continued to run these hotels and treat people unfairly. No growth opportunities available regardless of how much time you put in to your work and how much you sacrifice for the benefit of the company.

Pros

Some outstanding people to work with

Cons

Some toxic team members at the hotel and poor leadership from head office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton Garden Inn Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.2K