Hilltop Manor Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Apply somewhere else
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 August 2018
I give 2 stars, one for the residents and one for the staff. The rest is going downhill... fast. Always short. No one ever wants to pick up extra shifts because the workload is WAY too heavy.. to the point where you’re doing 10-15 residents on your own. No help from management when this happens. Staffing is a mess, to say the least. They ask for shift coverage the day before they actually need it when they’ve known about those shifts for months in advance (again, leaving the floors short). And don’t bother calling the union because they don’t do anything for the PSW’s. Feel bad for the residents, they are all so sweet and deserve so much better care than what they are receiving.
Pros
Staff & residents
Cons
Literally erything else.
NO team work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 July 2017
Hard to keep working there as everyone makes things up to lose to make sure you lose your job. People are always leaving. Management do not do their job and are mostly involved in the drama. People there lack respect to any new employees or each other.
Pros
There is always work
Cons
Always under stuffed
it was a fun place to work ,loved working with the staff and residents made it enjoyable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 February 2013
one of the best places I have worked, my typical day would clean the residnets homes aswell clean up after the staff while maintaining a smile on my face to keep the peace between everyone. management worked well together at times as I also helped them time and time again with infection control commitee . The hardest part of the job was seeing the residents pass away . they were like our friends .the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing i did my job to satisfy the residents with a clean and sanitized rooms to keep them safe.
Pros
staff were fun to work with
Cons
being contracted out
Working For Hilltop Nursing Home
Activity Student (Former Employee) –  Merrickville, ON22 February 2013
Working at Hilltop was a very nice experience, and the salary was great for a high school student, however after a year of solid work, I was laid off just before summer, a time when I expected more hours, not less.
Pros
flexible, relaxed atmosphere, great residents, within walking distance of home
Cons
no security