Hillmar Industries Ltd.

Hillmar Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Was a great place to work

During the my first 6 years there, it was nice place to work. Staff was friendly and everyone got along. I had an offer to move to a larger company in Langley so I left Hillmar in 2006

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Micro mgmt

Productive and competitive.

Safe and clean working environment. Very competitive and challenging work.Work order jobs are easily accessible from the computer. There is a summer and Christmas shutdown.

Worst company to work for!

No career growth and poor management practices. The company is "desperate" to have new joiners. Terrible salary rates too! In the office, people are generally ok but the owner is opposite and aggressive to his employees. I haven't heard any positive feedback from this owner yet. He will give you impossible tasks that are not found in your job description.Find a better employer, people!

Former employee shop technician

Bad place to be, you want to make things right, built good products but get shot down. This place is good for just taking cover while looking for others employment

Pros

Taking cover

Cons

At your own risk

Good Hours and Secure Job

Early start however you get used to it and miss the traffic. Especially the earlier finish on Friday's every weekend feels like a long weekend. Steady work and lots of long term employees. Gives opportunities to Engineering students for co-op work. Communication with other departments sometimes difficult but always solved in the end.

Pros

Good hours, nice staff

Great staff and good secure working place

Hillmar was a great place to work, I always new despite economy ups and downs my job would be secure. No lay offs due to downturn in sales. Monthly social activities and information sessions. Clean work space and nice work stations. Although sometimes procedure changes and late deliveries got frustrating they passed. Nice working hours if you are morning person and easy to get to from all areas of town.

productive work environment

each day was different because there would be new projects to work on each day. i make adjustments to the excel document and then pass it to my higher ups for approval. other days i would be organizing the hundreds of files they have of their products. the hardest part was keeping up with the pace my higher ups were working with. the most enjoyable part was how nice my higher ups were with me. they helped me a lot along the way.

Pros

lots of learning potential

Cons

lots of pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hillmar Industries Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5

3.1Job security/advancement

Hillmar Industries Ltd. Reviews by Location

• Hillmar Industries Ltd.