Highline Mushrooms Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

3.4Job Security & Advancement
I would avoid working here
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON20 April 2016
They start by saying whatever to get you to start working there during the initial interview. For me it was 8 hours a day 40 hours per week and other things. I was smart enough to ask for on the job training which is desperately needed. On my training day they told me it would be 1-2 hours and not to bring a lunch....I was there for a full 8 hours. During training they gave me my work schedule and start time which was 7am, however I must clock in and start at least 15 min before or I'm late. For my scheduled shift, I packed a lunch but wasn't able to eat it as I had no breaks. This was a repeat occurrence for every shift. I would work from "7am" to about 9pm, plus/minus 30min, every day including weekends(24/7/365). On top of this they refused to train me on power jacks and I was forced to move skids that weighed up to 3000lbs with a hand jack. Also the floors were not level and usually you are going up an incline with the weight. Needless to say but my body could not handle this weight and now I'm permanently disabled in my 20s.
Pros
Willing to hire with zero experience
Cons
24/7/365 working, no breaks, unrealistic expectations
Official response from Highline Mushrooms
23 April 2018

Dear Former Truck Driver,

We are very sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant work experience at Highline Mushrooms. Since your time with Highline, additional positive improvements have been put in place.

Yes, our shifts can be long, although rarely and only under extreme circumstances would anyone be asked to work a 14 hour shift. On those rare shifts, dinner is supplied and additional breaks granted.

Also I'm sorry to hear you were lead to believe you had to arrive 15 minutes before your shift. Associates are not required to punch in 15 minutes before the scheduled shift or be considered late.

Yes it is true our farm operates every day of the year, but it is not true that anyone would be required to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

We wish you all the best in your future, and we are sorry Highline was not the right place for you.

Human Resources