Highline Mushrooms Employee Reviews for Harvester

3.2Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Working project for people living in countries where opportunities for work was limited
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Ontario Canada5 December 2012
I would start work at 6.30 am and would finish no later than 6.00pm. The finishing time was dependant on the amount needed to provide the orders for that day.

I learned how work in an establishment where stystems of work was very demanding depending on the orders for mushrooms requested, It was also peice work where the amount of mushrooms picked and packed dictated your earnings.

I was also asked to supervise different rooms to ensure the teams maintained the standard of work expected. The managers were very suppotive and would allow us to maximise our potential.

I work as part of a team, working within different areas as stated above. Teamwork was very important because each team member depended on each other to maintain standards .

All the workers came from different parts of the world leaving their families behind Eg: Thyland, Veitnam, China, Jamiaca, Philipeans, ect.so the foreign workers became one big family (Mushroom family).

The mushrooms were quite difficult at times as you had to make sure that the mushrooms had a precised stem, size, clean, and not damaged to meet quality control. and health and safety.

The company would organise parties 3 times a year to celebrate different occasions Eg: Christmas, Barbecues in the summer Ect.
Pros
free mushrooms
Cons
working hours in the winter months were 6.30am to 6.00pm long hours