Highline Mushrooms

Highline Mushrooms Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews
First of all I am very impressed from Highline Mushrooms Company rules , benifats and job of culture. I hope when I working with Highline Mushrooms Company then I felt very good .
There's a lot of work to be done. It's a multicultural staff with a positive work attitude for the environment. Some days were harder than others, but overall a very good employer.
There is a huge culture shock working here. If you are white you are the minority and everyone treats you horrible. The only good thing is the hr team.
Everyone support each other even provide all safety concern sources to their employees. Supervisor always with you when you need helping hand. They always appreciate
Not a safe place to work they just hand out forklift tickets to incompetent people management doesnt seem to care about safety because when you complain about unsafe workers they fire you and keep the unsafe people as it is in thei "culture" to not understand direction no work life balance as they expect you to work 10-14 hrs per day I would definitely not recommended this place to anyone
Productive and fun workplace, worked at highline as a student for 3 summers, got lots of hours and learned alot. Met lots of new people and put my skills to use in maintenance.
This company is considered a farm so it gets away with low pay for very long hours 10-13/day. Not enough health and safety in the work area and people are always yelling at you to go faster. Not to mention some people can take a lot of sick days with no consequences while others can’t
Good to work with different people but after one time it will get hactic and out of control at wor. Management is good but keep forcing workers to do fast even tho they have less orders to do on a faily basis.
I'm driving vehicles commercial delivery mushrooms to customers and learn how to delivery and drive trucks .in my workplace good culture I'm learn culture in my workplace and have skills for customers services because I meet a lot customers of my company every day.
your slaved, for min wage, your belittled, the people are ignorant..barly anyone from Canada work there,. Canadian wont put up with the abuse and quit
Highline mushrooms is a great place to gain experience in a variety of working fields. Communication is key, although it may seem hard to get used to the work environment everyone is treated like family.
The company is strong. There will always be Jon opportunities at Highline but it is definitely not for everyone. That's why they have to hire so many foreign workers on contracts. I worked countless 15/16 hour shifts and not once was I aware of hour busy it was going to be going in those mornings.
Highline is a new company for me, I never worked at Highline mushrooms but from my friends working there in Leamington, Ontario I know that Highline is a good company. Highline mushrooms providing good housing.
Staff is very co operative.All the employees are friendly.Sometimes my job is harder than the other days.All the workers are managed their work and we will finish work faster.
No room for advancement, the company cuts costs anywhere to replace local with temporary foreign workers. And treat them poorly. The job is very steady because no one wants to work there.But the pay is low and they will work you as much as possible.
If you are looking for a job that belittles and degrades you on a daily basis - you've found your spot! I have never worked in an office environment quite like this. if you are wondering why they are constantly hiring HR people, it isn't being the are growing... its because it is a terrible place to try and develop yourself and they have a few people that "run" the department - if you don't fit in..... GOOD LUCK. And with that many hr people, have fun trying to voice your opinion on anything.
9 December 2019
Thank you for your candid feedback and allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concerns. We are sorry to hear of your unfavourable experience at Highline.

As a respected partner in the community and the largest growing mushroom farm in North America, we are carving a path to setting new standards in the agricultural industry. Part of our success comes from setting high standards by following our core values in doing the right thing always and considering the human element. Our door is always open for discussions and associates are encouraged to bring forth any concerns.

Highline is currently experiencing tremendous growth in all aspects of our business. This is reflected by our continuous job advertisements on Indeed. We encourage personal and professional development of all of our associates and promote within whenever possible.

We take your concerns seriously and welcome you to contact the Director of Human Resources to discuss further.

We wish you continued success in your future endeavours.

Human Resources
Highline is a great place to work. Is it challenging and fast paced? Yes. Does Highline care about their employees? Yes.

Highline tries to give their employees the best they can. There are multiple different social events that employees and their family get to attend for free. Highline also provides a comprehensive benefit package for all employees, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, etc.

Unlike other agriculture companies in the area, Highline pays overtime, holiday pay, statutory pay, and tries to regulate hours the best they can.

Highline appreciates their employees, and will go above and beyond where they can. Travel pay is provided to every hourly associate to help offset the cost of commuting.

Highline is a great place to work and will always embrace new employees. If you have any questions, you are encouraged to speak with managers or HR, and help will be provided.
Pros
Good pay, social events, overtime, holiday pay
They just paid $12.50 before,but now I don't know how much they paid. it's was very good company and people were very nice and helpful, I appreciate everything.
management is HORRIBLE, i regret working here as they did little to nothing to help me when i was having problems working here & when i finally went to complain about my manager, they fired me a week later, without notice. I truly 100% recommend that if you are applying here or thinking of working here, to just go somewhere else to look for employment. they do not care about you here @ highline. not to mention what they pay you is horrible, you could easily go somewhere else and get $3-$5 more an hour.
Also, i was there 6-7 months, i was elegible for my benefits, they "put them through" at my 3 month mark & every time i asked about it, hey said there was an error with the system and i am unable to get benefits, but every one else could a quire theire benefits? terrible, terrible company.

my job title says volunteer but i was not a volunteer.
Dear former employee,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at Highline. We hold strong to our values which include always doing the right thing and considering the human element in all aspects of our organization.

We take these comments very seriously and welcome you to contact our HR department to further address your concerns.

Wishing you the best in your future endeavours.

Human Resources
Started working their was a good time, but over time it got stressing and the management needs help. Lots of problem arises while working their and the supervisor and manager tries to push you to do things you dont want to do.
Dear former packing employee,

Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to reply to your concerns. Due to the fast paced environment and meeting the demands of our customers, it is expected that at times the workload would increase and you may be requested to do other duties as assigned.

If there is any additional information you would like to share with Human Resources, we welcome your call.
Nice managers and supervisors.
Smelly working place

They pay travel allowance

If you are punctual its your place for work.

Recently the benefit plan has been changed. Its below premium.
Dear Former Heavy Equipment Operator,

We appreciate your candid feedback and are glad to hear that you enjoyed working with your managers and supervisors.

At times there may be a strong smell which is part of the process of growing mushrooms.

We are proud to offer many extended benefits to our associates which are over and above the required ESA regulations.

We wish you the best with your future endeavours.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Highline Mushrooms. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6