HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP

HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Decent
Decent overall but tug and equipment issues caused me to leave , but overall I wasn’t treated poorly. Large companies tend to lose the driver in the numbers game , but they have more positives than negatives
Truck Driver
Nice team, great atmosphere, hard-working dispatchers - they always with you. Flexible schedule, sometimes short runs, but overall it's really good. Really greatful for the opportunity to work in HMG!
Pros
Dedicated truck
Just got hired!
I've been laid of a couple weeks ago the same way as a lot of people in our country. I didn't lose my hope to get back on track and feed my family, so I tried to apply to any available job on the market. Highlight Motor Group contacted me in 2 or 3 days and after a week I'm driving my dedicated truck! Amazing!
Slow paced environment.
I feel their environment is very slow placed. Schedule for the week is not given before hand. Basically your on call, when they call only with load you can leave for work. So don't have a weekly schedule at all. For load drop off and pick up the waiting times are annoying.
But dispatchers are very nice and hard workers.
If the money is better
The company was very pushy and not understanding the drivers and their problems and they don't mind paying expenses like motels are overnight stays and I would work there again if you have offered more money and a better float like spends money
Inclusive Environment
Loved going into the office whenever I needed to. Inclusive environment and very friendly and supportive staff. I always had my questions answered. They have a liason for the truck drivers if needed and he was very helpful with everything I ever needed. Human resources was the best I've ever encountered in all of my jobs.
Not recommend. But if anyone wants, try on your own risk.
Drivers are not treated in a good manner.
Not friendly dispatch

Unpredictable deductions from paycheck

Pay rate isn't increased even on request

Overall this is the place to screwed yourself up
Great place to work!
Great place to work! Co-workers are friendly and approachable, and management is accessible. Management is receptive to feedback and will assist employees when possible.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP?
Worst
If I could put 0 I would put it. Worst company that I had ever worked. Management takes care just on person who has any personal connections with, rest employees are slaves.
Work conditions are awfull (at least 10 hours work day, no overtime pay, all national or provincional hollydays are work days with regular wage except christmas and new year).

Cheapest benefit package.
Not good
I thought that it was going to be a good place to call home but I was wrong as it is run by a dictator and lots of ties.
Drivers are told lots of stories
They rip you off every pay check every chance they get also they charge you for truck insurance per pay and if u get into an accident they double insu
600 for insurance every year
300 miles missing from pay check every pay

If u get into accident insurance soubles

Benefits barely pay for medications
Pros
U can come and go as u please
Cons
Everything they rip u off then they charge u for insurance on a truck that already has insurance
Good experience no life/work balance
Expect to work 50+ hours a week on a good week with no overtime. Good experience if you want to handle volume. Expect to work weekends with no compensation
fast paced orginzation
multi tasked with lots of extra tasks assigned outside job duties and completed all on time. Sometimes due to extra work had to stay after hours to complete.
Learning experience
It's a revolving door with a revolving world. You are grinded down to your wits end. Your walking into a high paid job stress out the ying yang and no time for your family. I would rather pick up trash then work in operations. "It what it is" learn this before you walk in 60 with a bump in 3 months is what u need.
Recommended for gaining logistics experience
Very fast paced, which is definitely not for everyone, but I gained valuable experienced working for them. The previous manager lacked manners but he was replaced after ongoing complaints.
concord on
stressful and long , Highlight is a place where you can easily turn from the nicest person into a very mean and rude individual in a very short period of time working there.
Pros
Nice shiney equipment
Cons
Company for managment, They get every and anything.
One of the best companies i worked so far
If you are a freshmen go there , highly cooperative and listens to everyone’s problem. Quick and rapid response.
If you looking for work anytime they will welcome you
No good
its a corrupt company they deduct money on your paycheck if you did something wrong and dispatchers are so rude, they don't care if you violated the DOT hours as long as you deliver and they schedule you for your appointment with no time to complete 8-10hrs sleep. its good to work here for experience only.
Keep looking, you'll thank me.
I wouldn't wish this cesspool on anyone. Management is for management and drivers always take a backseat.
There is no option on overtime. If they have it, you have to work it. Don't waste your time trying to get out of it because you're taking your wife out for your anniversary. This is a full blown Russian company, company first, family second. No exaggerations, no exceptions.
its a lazy job
reason i left, needed a more active job and wanted to go home daily, not into the long haul taking showers at the gas station when you get a chance, not about that life
only good experience working at Highlight
Only good experience working at Highlight Motor group. Fast paced invironment. Dinamic team. Flaxible hours, only downside is limited employee parking.