HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

Working at HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP: Latest HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP Reviews

Canada162 reviews

highlightdispatcherdrivermotortruckdispatchdedicatedequipment

High salary, respectful team, reliable company

I have worked with many companies but ever since I started working with Highlight Motor Group, I feel i am one of their own. Dispatches and mechanics are friendly and respectful to each other, equipment is great and there is always something to do. The salary is great but you actually need to work hard for it!

True professionals, well-organized job, good trucks

I've been in the trucking industry for over 20 years and have loved my experience with Highlight Motor Group over the years. They are so well organized and professional. The team is amazing and the trucks are always well taken care of when i'm on the road. Keep up the great work everyone!

Pros

True professionals, well-organized job, good trucks

Insights into HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Comfortable equipment, feeling of belonging, nice salary

An amazing company to work for. They truly take care of their truckers and are passionate about the industry. All the trucks were comfortable to drive in, which was always a plus.

Pros

Comfortable equipment, feeling of belonging, nice salary

Good company to start, all the members are professionals, competitive salary

I always wanted to be a truck driver because this job fascinates me. With HMG my dream came true. The interview wasn't easy and that assured me that my future team is professionals.

Pros

Good company to start, all the members are professionals, competitive salary

Cons

Can be stressful, but from one side this keeps me excited

Amazing place to work. Nice clean trucks. Fair salary.

I admire this company. The atmoshere is friendly and family like. Sometimes, though, it's stressful, but I appreciate fair salary and top notch equipment. I can be sure that I'm riding new carefully maintained trucks.

My best carrier

The work here can be fast-paced and I felt really overwhelmed in the beginning, but the money they pay you in time are fair. I have great relations with dispatch department and have sweet orders. Enjoy working here!

Pros

Great money, heavy loads, friendly colleagues

Cons

Job can be stressful, especially if you are a newbie as I was

Pretty easy to get hired but need effort to stay for a while. Saw a lot of people coming in and out. Good place to work, never had any issues, colleagues are nice, straight forward responsibilities.

Quit after almost 5 years working for HL

The same wage per mile for the entire time I was there ,despite multiple requests for a raise. They withdraw ,a $50 , so called "insurance " from drivers paycheck. Basically stealing . They raised mine to $250 recently and never explained why . Also removed my 2 cent safety bonus. You will be doing city work ,multiple drops , in the L.A and San Francisco Bay area among other places , yet paid the same per mile rate and not the usual ,city driver , per hour rate. They don't clean spare trucks when your regular truck is offline for repairs even when you notify them several days before your trip . Overall just an unpleasant place to work at . Only stayed this long for the great mileage, 5000 miles +, and HL's proximity to where I live.

Enjoyed the work

I enjoyed the company. They gave me a start when no other company would. I left due to the ridiculously low rate of pay. As well as the dispatch and customs department. Stuck at borders and truck stops withought pay.

Pros

Worked alone

Cons

Long days, little pay. Dead ended to often with no pay.

Rewarding job for those who is ready to work a lot...

I'm happy that I was a part of HMG team. I have my personal reasons to leave and this really upsets me, it will be hard to find a job like this. My colleagues were like friends to me, new car park, very comfortable working hours. Wish them all the best.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, new cars, busy but rewarding job

Cons

I haven't discovered them

Productive and busy place to work with top income

Great equipment, I was impressed by the trucks state, it is like it was bought only yesterdy. Great dispatch team, lots of miles and they let me support work life balance despite workload.

Pros

A lot of work to do, competitive salary, new equipment and nice clean trucks

Cons

None so far

Perfect place to work as a truck driver

Nice clean trucks, huge loads and money are great. The job can be stressful and I barely visit home but I'm extremely satisfied. The ovarall atmosphere is great, definitely recommend.

Demanding but extremely rewarding

I would highly recommend working with this company most of the time. There are pros and cons like anywhere else, but I love new trucks and high salary that is paid on time!

Good money, a lot of miles

Good money, a lot of miles, average 3500 miles/week, flexible schedule, nice and easy run. Friendly dispatch, great support. I strongly recommend this company.

Pros

Flexible schedule, dedicated truck, no slip seating.

Cons

Great company for a long term career

I started at Highlight as my third job in industry and it satisfices me by every angle. Well paid, very organized, thoughtful management, stable company.

I enjoy cross border driving.

I enjoy cross border driving and flexible schedule. I can make as much money as I want. I have been HMG driver for over three years. There are superior driver support systems in place to minimize downtime and maximize miles. They are all focused on driver success.

Pros

Money, Schedule, dedicated truck

Safety first. Professional.

Very professional company, the management team was wonderful. When I started, I've gone through safety courses, got jacket and outfit with Highlight logo, almost new truck, clean and well maintained.

Pros

Nice people, new uniform, new truck

Steady and good salary

Usually I start on Sunday or Monday morning and head out with a loaded trailer from Friday pick up to destination. Deliver next morning in the USA. Then drive to next pick up and load. Several trips per week is common if you want it.All drivers and dispatcher seem friendly and helpful and willing to answer questions about loading. Dedicated beautiful new trucks, and designated trailers are nice so you know what equipment you have at all times.

Good company to work for

Flexible schedule for drivers. New trucks. They have garage to repair trucks. Friendly dispatchers. Good pay. Easy interview. Cross border routs. Highly reccomend!

Got hired by Highlight, really excited, noticed this trucks for a whole. Wanted to join their team for a while, finally got this opportunities! I wokred for myself for 10 years but my truck is done and I decided to join HMG!

Pros

New truck, nice office

Cons

can't name one

Great oportunity with flexible schedule

Good work-life balance. Lots of opportunities, great team, a room for earnings - lot of miles if you really want to! Safety and compliance work for you. Well maintained trucks, reliable and just looks great on the road.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement