HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP

HIGHLIGHT MOTOR GROUP Employee Reviews

Canada53 reviews
My experience as a driver was good.when i worked here. I would now like to go back as an Az Driver recruiter/ trainer/ safety & compliance as that is what I have been doing the past 3 years at another company.
Pros
New trucks & Lots of bling
Cons
I had many doubts but after the interview and several months on my own truck I realized that HMG is one of the best companies! Treated as part of a team, dispatchers are really nice and hard working people!
Pros
truck, schedule, salary
Highlight Motor Group is a family oriented company and helped me get home when I needed to be for family events, good and bad ones. Really appreciate the trust and transparency. Dedicated truck, always maintained and clean. Flexible hours. Great place to work!
Pros
Flexible schedule. Dedicated clean and robust truck.
No complains. All good. Work for Highlight motor group for 3 years. Don't want to look for another job. Dedicated truck is good. Never have problems with salary.
Pros
truck schedule dispatchers managers
I'm happy to find a new family after a terrible divorce that I've gone through, The team and everyone in the company are very supportive, thank you everyone.
Typical interview, but people are good! Especcially during covid the support was very important and you feel you're not alone. Collegies are very helpful. Thank you everyone for your support.
Pros
Great team. Possitive atmosphere.
Cons
Some stressful calls.
I've got hired after a phone innterview, on-site interview and test drive, they checked my skills and then I received a call within a week. Got a dedicated truck. Just few months but it feels like I'm wroking at HMG for a couple years. It's hard to be away from family for several days.
Pros
Quick hiring. Steady.
Cons
Hard to be away from family.
Lots of favouritism towards Russian speaking employees, no room for advancement if you're not Russian. And there's alot of broken promises, and it takes alot of effort to have them provide the tools needed to complete the tasks they give.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
No advancement, and lots of bias and favouritism
Never accept to work at this company, it does not respect its drivers, it does not keep its promises. my payments never came right. they don't pay the miles you actually drive. never work for that company. The relationship manager with the drivers does not solve anything, They don't respect you as a person and they don't respect you as a professional
Pros
Cons
Never work for that company.
Got onboard after the landing in Canada, great place to work, friendly co-workers. Sometimes hard to catch up without certain experience, but collogues helped me out.
Long hours long day’s gone on the road...
Not enough pay no company discount or allowances for USA run basically you pay everything on your own...

Equipment failure are routine, fleet are hard to deal with.
Pros
Good for beginners no experience....
Cons
.Never got my last pay about 1800$
Its impossible to handle all the work by one person. You dont get paid enough for the job. You cant Take your breaks or sometime leave on time cuz of work load and you wont get paid extra for that.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Too much Workload/unfriendly environment
Flexible schedule, always busy, driving my own clean truck. Best workplace for a truck driver. I've gone through 5 truck companies before getting onboard HMG and want to say that all of them way worse. HMG is the best.
Pros
truck
One of the worst management to work for cause they do so much illegal stuff with there log books it’s what the CEO says the management sit he claps they all obey his rules
Pros
At the beginning it was good they give you good loads at the beginning after a month they start pushing you, they do not respects drivers at all, you as a person doesn’t matters to them, these 5stars comments half of them are fake, new tractors and all they look good from outside but on road most of them driven over half a million the one i have was over 800 thousand km, they always gonna creates new policies for just to push you and keep on deducting money from your pay cheques and most importantly they hire anyone doesn’t cares about your life
Pros
Cons
Community favouritism, Rude management, Always pushing
Flexible hours. Very friendly dispatchers and the team. Clean, reliable dedicated truck - like a brand new! Stable payments. My 3yo son is in love with my truck.
Nice team, great atmosphere, hard-working dispatchers - they always with you. Flexible schedule, sometimes short runs, but overall it's really good. Really greatful for the opportunity to work in HMG!
Pros
Dedicated truck
Decent overall but tug and equipment issues caused me to leave , but overall I wasn’t treated poorly. Large companies tend to lose the driver in the numbers game , but they have more positives than negatives
I've been laid of a couple weeks ago the same way as a lot of people in our country. I didn't lose my hope to get back on track and feed my family, so I tried to apply to any available job on the market. Highlight Motor Group contacted me in 2 or 3 days and after a week I'm driving my dedicated truck! Amazing!
I feel their environment is very slow placed. Schedule for the week is not given before hand. Basically your on call, when they call only with load you can leave for work. So don't have a weekly schedule at all. For load drop off and pick up the waiting times are annoying.
But dispatchers are very nice and hard workers.
The company was very pushy and not understanding the drivers and their problems and they don't mind paying expenses like motels are overnight stays and I would work there again if you have offered more money and a better float like spends money